2nd Trimester

Anyone else feeling contractions?

So for the past week I have had these episodes. It feels like the worse period cramps times 100 and literally has me doubled over in pain accompanied with the worse lower back pain. It only lasts for about a minute or two. Well I finally called my doctor today (the reason I didn't call sooner is bc I have other issues going on that cause pain). She told me to come right in. Turns out they are contractions! I guess contractions are normal throughout the pregnancy but most women don't feel them. I'm just one of the lucky ones who does; she thinks I feel them because of my history, a few pelvic surgeries and endometriosis. As long at they are not happening like every 10 minutes its fine and my baby is doing great.

Is anyone else feeling contractions already? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else feeling contractions?

• I've had contractions for a little over a week now. I thought they were the babies moving. I was horribly wrong. Mentioned it to my OB and I had a shortened cervix and baby A was trying to push his way out. Sooooo, I had to have a cerclage.

Mine arent painful just SUPER tight and lots of pressure!

IVF #1 BFN... IVF #2 BFP! TWINS!
    Twins born too early at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix
    FET #1, IUI #1, 2, 3, 4 - all BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!! IT'S A BOY! Born July 16th, 2011
    FET #2 BFP! Due February 15, 2013
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageSPerry0376:

I've had contractions for a little over a week now. I thought they were the babies moving. I was horribly wrong. Mentioned it to my OB and I had a shortened cervix and baby A was trying to push his way out. Sooooo, I had to have a cerclage.

Mine arent painful just SUPER tight and lots of pressure!

Oh no! Do you have to be on bedrest? My dr. is really monitoring my cerviz because endo can cause preterm labor. But mine is measuring fine right now. GL! 

• Loading the player...
  • Wow! Thanks for posting this - I had no idea there could be contractions all along (but I guess that makes sense as things grow)  Hope you're not in too much pain.
  • Yep, bedrest before the procedure and now I am on it for a week. The perinatologist said after a week she will slowly ease up on the bedrest. It's great that your OB is monitoring your cervix because then you will have a heads up on any problems!
    IVF #1 BFN... IVF #2 BFP! TWINS!
    Twins born too early at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix
    FET #1, IUI #1, 2, 3, 4 - all BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!! IT'S A BOY! Born July 16th, 2011
    FET #2 BFP! Due February 15, 2013
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Nope not yet, when are you suppose to start feeling them?

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

• Ive had these same feelings too for the past week, although getting better now.  Were they happening frequently, like within minutes of each other?

I had three within an hour and the nurse told me not to come in cuz they went away.. only to return the next morning but I just gave up calling (I had already called the office twice about this)

• I don't know when you're supposed to start feeling them, I guess I just assumed you wouldn't feel them until you are a lot closer to delivery.

Thats crazy you had 3 within an hour and they didn't want you to come in! If that continues I would really get it checked out.

• could this be what's going on with me? I'm about 20weeks and for a little while now I get these spasm-like pains, but deeper (I had a kidney infection but it supposedly went away.. although I'm still having the pain one or two nights a week). One or both sides of my lower back gets a really tight painful spasm type feeling that lasts for a couple seconds.. goes away and repeats another 2 or 3 times. Then that's it for days or even a week. ..what do ya think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"