1st Trimester

Unisom

I have had morning sickness for the past week and a half.  At first I was just feeling queasy and then the past couple of days I couldn't hold anything down.  I talked to my doctor and she recommended unisom.  I tried it today and this is the first day where I feel like I can actually function.  It has been amazing.  I just wanted to share in case anyone else was experiencing bad morning sickness.  Maybe you can check with your doctor to see if unisom is okay.

Re: Unisom

• when do you take it? My doc said it works with B6--but im afraid im gonna be more tired, and If I take it at night im scared I wont hear DS if he wakes up...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took it this morning to try it out.  I haven't been taking it with B6.  My doctor said to take 1/2 of a 25 mg tablet up to 3 times a day.  I took it this morning and I felt a little sleepy but not too bad.  I wanted to try it out on the weekend so that if I fell asleep it would be okay.  I didn't want to take any drugs but I'm a teacher and I can't see myself making it through 3 hour stretches of teaching without throwing up.  Maybe you can try it out when someone else is around so they can take care of your son if you're sleeping?
  • Loading the player...
  • ill try it, my problem is DH is away a lot, ill try it tonight before he leaves to see if it works. Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For me it was so much better than feeling nauseous.  Yesterday I was sick everytime I ate something.  Today I haven't been sick at all and I've been able to hold down all my food.  I even feel like eating again.  The mild drowsiness is nothing compared to the nausea I was experiencing.  I hope it makes you feel better too!
  • I had really good luck with Sea Bands with DD. They obviously are not the most fashionable thing, but I would have done anything to feel better!!
  • I've been staring longingly at the Unisom in my medicine cabinet from my pre-pregnancy days... just wondering if I can take it or not.  I haven't had any MS yet, but my first doctor appt is Wednesday, and all I want to ask her is if I can take it to help me sleep.  It's been my number one symptom.  Insomnia.  argh.  I'm so tired during the day, and then as soon as I go to lay down in the evening - it's impossible to sleep.  Unisom used to help, but I was worried about the baby - so I'm definitely bringing it up this week.

:>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"