Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

So this is kinda gross

but I think I have an infected ingrown toenail on my right big toe.  The side of it is all hot and red and tender.  Anyone have this before?  I know I should go to the doc to have it looked at, but I'm afraid of doctors.  Non OB/GYN doctors, that is.

Re: So this is kinda gross

• Options
    something might be UNDER the nail ....
  • Options
    Mine are tender to the touch, but almost always have been and I just kinda deal with it. After having both my big toe nails fall off and going to my senior prom without any, I just deal and skip the Dr.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an ingown toe nail before. Yep it was red and hot, you need to see a doctor. it will get full of puss.... they just give you a cream, it's not a big deal. way better than having a red hot toe that I'm sure hurts when you wear shoes!! good luck!!
  • Options

imageMiaVonT:
    something might be UNDER the nail ....

I've tried digging at it and I think it's just the nail growing back that's irritated it.  

• Options
    I used to be a ballet dancer so I've had my fair share of ingrown toenails.  If that is what it is, pulling up the corner of the nail to put a little cotton (from a q-tip or cotton ball) underneath it for a couple days should help it get better.  
  • Options
    Can you get the nail pulled up on the side and try to trim it? It does sound ingrown, but I can usually get them myself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had an infected ingrown. I dug the nail out (very painful) and I have been soaking it in hot water and then pouring peroxide on it. It looks a lot better. I plan on going to the doctor if I can ever get this shiit with my insurance fixed. grr.
  • Options
    I would definitely see your doctor. You need antibiotics. In the meantime use Polysporin or Bacitracin 2x day to prevent further infection. Trust me, they're not gonna do anything to you. If they want it drained or anything they'll refer you to a podiatrist because no one wants to touch those b/c they can become compliacated and (no offense) they're gross, LOL.
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"