2nd Trimester

Questions

Alrighty so I have a bunch of questions some of which are TTMI so reader beware...
The first is if my baby's daddy isn't here and it's a gamble about whether or not he will be here for the baby's birth is it completely b&tchy of me to choose on a boy/girl name and then tell him this is what I decided?
Then I'm thinking I'm going to get a baby harness and a carseat is that enough? When Df gets back I'm moving to Hawaii and I dont want to take a bunch of stuff.
Are 3d/4d ultrasounds only something that is  available if your insurance is uber high par or is it available if somethings wrong? or if I request it?
Then my doctor spends about seven minutes with me before I'm politely hastened out the door and it's like this is my first baby, out of my friends I'm the first one to make it this far (my bff has had several miscarriages all in the first trimester) and a book only answers so much.
Then today I got a drink from the vending machine and it got stuck so I repeatedly body slammed the machine with some force to get my drink and now I'm worried that I did damage to my baby...I've ben considering going to a GP because of other issues and I think I might go and see what kind of damage I could have done when I did that...

Re: Questions

• imageDannyswifey10:

Then today I got a drink from the vending machine and it got stuck so I repeatedly body slammed the machine with some force to get my drink and now I'm worried that I did damage to my baby...I've ben considering going to a GP because of other issues and I think I might go and see what kind of damage I could have done when I did that...

Indifferent

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers pregnancy calendar
  • I'd run the names by your boyfriend. And the 3d u/s most people pay for. My doc spends usually about 5 minutes with me too. He would stick around to answer any questions I have, but I usually am pretty question free. And my hubby and I are buying just an infant carseat and a baby carrier thing at first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Tell him to f8ck off.

No idea.

You can get a 3D u/s and just pay for it.

Tell your doctor you need to ask questions.

Your friend's miscarriage has nothing to do with your baby.

I don't even know what to say about the last one because it will come out very rude. Sorry.

• 1. can u talk to him about it beforehand? u guys have no names picked out at all?

2. u may want to consider a pack n play that has a bassinet too...

3. i don't know of any insurance company that covers the 3d/4d pix but i hear they run from $75-$100.

4. my doc spends about that much time with me too b/c i'm a low risk pregnancy. but that's what the boards and nurse lines are for--to answer extra questions.

5. umm, why would you body slam a vending machine while pregnant?  

• imageladybutler:
    imageDannyswifey10:

Indifferent

Hmm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • The LO father is not around and might not be around for the birth because he is deployed?  You should def run names by him. 
  • I'm sorry, I might have read that wrong. If he is not around by choice, you have no reason to ask him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my first two pregnancies were like that I spent hours waiting tol get in (they were always behind) 30 minutes in the little room and 5 with the doctor. I'm going to a midwife this time around... I wait maybe 10 minutes she spends 30+ minutes with me discussing things and even just life in general making sure I am doing ok. It's so great!

• I think based on your bio, your FI is deployed and you guys plan to move to HI together and get married, right?  You need to discuss the name with him.  If you can't call because of the distance, write letters, you have time to discuss things/names.
  • The worst thing you could say is I'm a freaking idiot and I'll be lucky if I didn't cause my child brain damage or something equally bad. I'm going to call my OB's office and see if it'd be better to go to urgent care or to the emergency room to make sure I didn't do anything bad and I already have the feeling that the nurse is going to give me the oh unless you're having pain don't worry about it bs. I need to find out because if I did I need to know now rather than later.
    He is my fiance and he isn't here because he's in the military and he goes where his co says. I have ran names by him and he hasn't given satisfactory feedback.
    No, I mean my best friend has miscarried in the first trimester so I can't ask her for advice because she hasn't been there herself. I know my baby has nothing to do with her..We are two different people and therefore we will have different experiences while pregnant.
    Okay that's good to know.
    I'm not being b^tchy to anyone person intentionally with this statement however if you are kind enough to give me feedback could you please either give me actual feedback not smiley faces or refrain from responding?  It's hard to draw a conclusion from what you're saying based off a smiley face.

• imageDannyswifey10:

He is my fiance and he isn't here because he's in the military and he goes where his co says. I have ran names by him and he hasn't given satisfactory feedback.~GIVE HIM TIME.  HE IS DEPLOYED RIGHT NOW!! Being in the Service and have been deployed, its hard to be away at such special time and its not like he is not busy over there. 

I'm not being b^tchy to anyone person intentionally with this statement however if you are kind enough to give me feedback could you please either give me actual feedback not smiley faces or refrain from responding?  It's hard to draw a conclusion from what you're saying based off a smiley face. 
     I put a "smiley" face because I dont understand how you body slammed a vending machine while pregnant even once let alone more than once and now your worried about if you harmed your LO?   

• ok so nothing i say is to offend at all. firstly i dont understand how just because he is deployed he doesnt get to pick a name with you. if you did that he would seriously resent you. he already is probably feeling left outta the pregnancy being away. so wait to hear from him. or write letters. send a care package w baby name book. he will def look on his free time! for the 2nd q. a carrier and carseat are prolly enough although if youre moving after baby is born you may want a stroller or something for airport...but i suppose the harness is enough... my cousins insurance covered 3d but not 4d...tricare, which is what the military has, does not cover it. idk if thats what you get now or not since youre not married... and i think it wasnt a good idea to body slam the vending machine...and im hoping you over-exaggerated that a bit...cuz thatd be completely dumb....especially after i saw youe other post about your fears of losing your baby. i realize during preg brain cells tend to sleep alot...but still....good luck with that whole thing...hope all is well....
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"