3rd Trimester

Headquarters called? WTF?

I had a call come in from headquarters.  Wanting to know if I had my baby?  I said No  Then she asked if  my due date was changed?  Umm NO  So you are just sitting around waiting?  Umm yea

Why would they call and ask me that?  

Re: Headquarters called? WTF?

• I'm confused.  "Headquarters"?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • hmmm sounds interesting. I would have told them to mind their own business and that they would know when I have this baby JK.  I guess it depends on what the headquarters are the headquarters of. If my husband's headquarters called (air force) I would be asking why they need to know the information and if something was wrong. That's kind of unusual that they would ask
  • Sorry about that I wasn't thinking when I posted.  Headquarters of my employer in Maryland. 

A month ago I was forced into an early maternity leave.  I refused it.  I told my local office that they can't force me into maternity leave.  I work home health care for pediatrics as well as some skilled elderly care.  Apparently my full time case was nervous I might go into labor while at work.  So I lost my 36 hour gig.  Employer didn't have any other cases for me.  So they told me to start my maternity leave.  I refused.

I signed up for unemployment since I just lost my FT hours due to an involuntary lay off.  

I just wonder why headquarters would call.  Wonder if they will try and fight my unemployment, even though it was approved and I have already started getting it

• I don't think that they can fight your unemployment if you've made yourself available to work for them. Maybe they have another full time case in mind for you when/if you return from mat. leave and wanted to see what the time frames were looking like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKdonn15:
    I don't think that they can fight your unemployment if you've made yourself available to work for them. Maybe they have another full time case in mind for you when/if you return from mat. leave and wanted to see what the time frames were looking like.

That would be handled by the local office.  HQ doesn't call employees.   IT was just weird

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"