3rd Trimester

"Another boy? Oh well."

This is what  the stranger that cut my 12 y.o.'s hair today said when I told her I was having my third boy. It's amazing to me how many people- on a daily basis- make comments like this when they hear I'm having a boy. It's like the world is disappointed that I'm not having a girl. Why is it such a let down to people? Every makes similar comments or asks if I'm going to keep trying for a girl.No one can imagine that a family can be complete without a child of each gender?

Re: "Another boy? Oh well."

• It goes the opposite way too. One of DH's coworkers said, "oh so you got the boy out of the way already." As in, everyone has to have a boy so good thing we got it on the first go. DH told him, "we would have been happy either way, it's not like that."
  • My friend had twin boys 4 years ago, then had another boy 2 years ago.  she just had her 4th boy in July.

She said she got so many extremely disappointed comments when she told people they were expecting another boy.  People were disappointed for her and just in general.  She was quite thrilled to have another boy.  I guess people just think you should have the other gender, especially if you already have a couple of one gender.  

• Loading the player...
  • DH and I were just talking about this!  Everyone is always commenting "Oh a girl and a boy.  Perfect!", as if having one of each is the only way to have a 'perfect' family.  Now I started saying, "Oh no, we're not stopping at two - we're looking to catch up with the Duggars!"  JK ;)
    I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
  • I am pg with Daughter #2 and most likely our last. I am amazed at how frequently people comment on how we need a boy.?

I am actually surprised that you are getting it with boys, I thought people just thought it was bad to have only girls. People suck. ?

• I get people asking me if we are going to try again so I can get a girl...we have boy #2 on the way. I'm perfectly happy with 2 boys frankly...and IF we do try for another, i will be perfectly happy with another boy!!
  • That's annoying...people need to keep their comments to themselves!

I was asked the other day if it was hard for my to register b/c I'm having a boy. What!? Um, no. It's a baby. Boy or girl, they need the same things.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I get this all the time.  "Oh well, Keep trying!"  and "Wow!  You're in trouble!" My regular doc is also the mother of 3 boys, each about a year older than each of mine, so when she heard I was pregnant she said "It's not going to work, you know!  It didn't work for me.  You're insane!"  When she heard LO would be a boy, though she clapped and said "Yay!  You get to stay in the club!"

But we have a sense of humor about it.  I tell them my husband is incapable of producing girls.  No one's perfect! :)

Of course, I'm not as surprised about these comments, since we had been expecting DS1 to be a girl right up until he came out and the OB started laughing.  So it's not surprising that people would expect me to be wishing for a girl at least a little bit.

• lame.  I would love to have a third boy!  That is what I am secretly hoping for if we have another. 

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• I feel like a lot of people are disappointed we are having a boy too.  Do any of these people realize that if everyone had girls the world would eventually cease to exist?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I swear people don't think before they speak. I thought I was having another boy and was happy with the idea of being in a house full of boys. But no I got a girl (which is a great surprise), now I have to share being the queen! LOL j/k ENJOY YOUR BOYS!
  • Oh and my own MIL who (has 3 boys) keeps saying that we have to keep having kids until we have a girl.  It makes me feel like a grandson just isn't good enough for her.  DH and I have already decided that we are having 2 kids total regardless of their genders.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • People are a-holes.  That is the only explaination.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my first child and I had a coworker ask what are you having and when I said a boy she said, "Boooo! boys suck.  There are no cute things for them."  What the hell?

• imageCandyMandy:

This is my first child and I had a coworker ask what are you having and when I said a boy she said, "Boooo! boys suck.  There are no cute things for them."  What the hell?

This is my first as well.  People always ask me if I'm disappointed to have a boy and they always want to high-five my DH.  This is the dumbest most sexist crap I've ever encountered.  I was looking forward to shopping for cute clothes, forest animal themed room and playing outside with my LO, etc. either way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to the club. I am also expecting Baby boy #3 and some people seemed pissed when I told them. To all of those people I say F off. I love the fact that I am having 3 boys. I will say that it would have been fine either way as long as all the kids are happy and healthy. For the record I will not be trying for a girl, but we also didn't try for 3 boys. It just happened that way.

• imageBoSoxbride:
    This is what  the stranger that cut my 12 y.o.'s hair today said when I told her I was having my third boy. It's amazing to me how many people- on a daily basis- make comments like this when they hear I'm having a boy. It's like the world is disappointed that I'm not having a girl. Why is it such a let down to people? Every makes similar comments or asks if I'm going to keep trying for a girl.No one can imagine that a family can be complete without a child of each gender?

Yes 

• I don't have much to add, but I feel your pain.
  • There is a lady at my church that has 8 boys. She gets the "another boy" question/comments all the time.
  • I think that people are not trying to be mean, but rather feel that you could be upset that you are having more than one baby of the same gender. I am the mother of two boys, and now expecting a girl.  When I found out our second was a boy, I thought I'd be sad that it wasn't a girl. Rather, hubby and I were excited to think that they'd be best friends growing up. We wanted 3 kids, and knew that if we were blessed with a third son, we would love him as we loved our other children. There was not going to be a 4th child. I have to admit, though, I feel better ending my family with a daughter. I think that helped me realize without reservations, that our family was complete.
  • imagegreatwifey:
    I think that people are not trying to be mean, but rather feel that you could be upset that you are having more than one baby of the same gender. I am the mother of two boys, and now expecting a girl.  When I found out our second was a boy, I thought I'd be sad that it wasn't a girl. Rather, hubby and I were excited to think that they'd be best friends growing up. We wanted 3 kids, and knew that if we were blessed with a third son, we would love him as we loved our other children. There was not going to be a 4th child. I have to admit, though, I feel better ending my family with a daughter. I think that helped me realize without reservations, that our family was complete.

You just proved my point that I was complaining about. That may be how you feel, but your family is not any more complete than mine because you are having a daughter.

• imageCandyMandy:

This is my first child and I had a coworker ask what are you having and when I said a boy she said, "Boooo! boys suck.  There are no cute things for them."  What the hell?

Just wait until he needs to attend a cousin's wedding or bar mitzvah or something and you start looking for a little suit to put on him.  There is NOTHING cuter than a toddler in a tux.  I don't care how many precocious little flower girls surround him.  It's the cutest thing on earth!

• imageelyshaswedding:
    DH and I were just talking about this!  Everyone is always commenting "Oh a girl and a boy.  Perfect!", as if having one of each is the only way to have a 'perfect' family.  Now I started saying, "Oh no, we're not stopping at two - we're looking to catch up with the Duggars!"  JK ;)

Nice.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"