3rd Trimester

Braxton Hicks Vs Early Labor Contractions

Re: Braxton Hicks Vs Early Labor Contractions

• I have no idea, but would love to know as well. I have a few BH (maybe?) that were consistant and timeable. But nothing that really hurt, felt like really bad period cramps.
    Follow me at: Nell's Niche as I tackle working-at-home, raising babies, making my life a little more eco-friendly, organized, and healthy one sleep deprived day at a time! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm running into the same problem here, and am hoping my water just breaks to make the decision to go to the hospital or not and easier one Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know. I'm so confused.. Maybe someone will shed some light for us.. lol
  • imageKdonn15:
    I'm running into the same problem here, and am hoping my water just breaks to make the decision to go to the hospital or not and easier one Big Smile

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL.  When I asked my doctor, he said that the tightening of my stomach (when it would get hard) was my BH, even though I wasn't feeling anything.  He told me that my AF like cramps are my contractions...  I kind of looked at him funny when he told me this, but that's what he told me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Braxton hicks feels like a tightening with no pain.  Early labor for me felt like bad menstraul cramps that made me stop in my tracks, and eventually I had to be bent over to get through them.  Hope that helps!
  • I had a few early labor contractions following my gall bladder surgery last Tuesday. I was on pain meds for the surgery, but these contractions were very different from BH. For me, the BH contractions are painless, but more of just a general tightening. That's the main sensation I get when I have them. The "real" contractions, however, felt like someone was poking a stick into the bottom right corner of my uterus. I felt very specific, sharp period-like pains just in that corner...almost down into my hip joint (if that makes sense). Of course, those feelings could have been slightly altered due to them being a side effect of my surgery and I was on pain meds, etc. This is my experience with them so far, though. HTH.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageNell1217:
    I have no idea, but would love to know as well. I have a few BH (maybe?) that were consistant and timeable. But nothing that really hurt, felt like really bad period cramps.

Wait, I was told that BH contractions do NOT hurt, it's just a tighten in the tummy. So if they are painful, they might be real contractions. Right? I get BH's all the time, and they never hurt, Just a very uncomfortable tighten feeling.
  • P.S. If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't actually convinced I was having real contractions until I got to the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitor where I could see them!  Better safe then sorry though!
  • CX for me feel like the start of your period.  Crampy.  Mine always started in my lower back.  After a while they would be in the front and back.  I would have to get on all 4's to get relief.  They stick around even if you lay down on your side.  No matter what your position they continue to come.

Also, they get stronger.  If you can't talk through them then you know

• imagehmarsano:
    P.S. If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't actually convinced I was having real contractions until I got to the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitor where I could see them!  Better safe then sorry though!

This made me remember when I asked my mom this question.  She didn't believe she was in labor with me for 5 hours.  She kept having really bad pains in her back (back labor) but her doctor had told her it wasn't contractions that she should just lay down.  5 hours later, feeling as though her back was breaking, my dad and neighbor convinced her to go to the ER.  Needless to say, she had me a short time later.  She definately didn't think she was having contractions lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so confused! When I explained that it felt like period cramps Dr. said yep, that's BH. I've heard real contrations are felt over the entire belly (like from the top and bottom). If so nothing is going on for me.
    Follow me at: Nell's Niche as I tackle working-at-home, raising babies, making my life a little more eco-friendly, organized, and healthy one sleep deprived day at a time! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • some braxton hix contractions can hurt but early labor contractions are very distinct and they have a definite wave to the cramping (at least they do for me. everyone is different)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"