2nd Trimester

Ultrasounds...finding the sex of the baby

So I tried at 18 weeks...U/S tech couldn't tell for sure.

I tried again at 24 weeks...again, LO didn't cooperate!!! Doc said if she had to guess it would be a boy, but not to paint the room blue yet. UGHH!!!

Has anyone else been disappointed when LO didn't play for the camera? 

Re: Ultrasounds...finding the sex of the baby

• Guess all you other ladies got to find out...oh well.
  • No, but that would drive me crazy and I would probably pay extra to have another one!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine wouldn't cooperate either.  I'm paying for an ultrasound tonight just to find out the gender.  It's very frustrating and I've shed a lot of tears in disappointment.  You are not alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Worst case, you find out in 15 weeks or so.
  • Thanks Bonnie :)

I know I'll find out in 15 weeks or so...but it would help me bond knowing for sure what we're having ahead of time. I'm still in disbelief I think...this wasn't planned, but we're happy about it. I've had a pretty easy time of it (thank God!) and I'm feeling movement, but it's all just surreal! 

• We had our big ultrsound last week, lo wouldn't cooperate.  We're paying for another one tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm paying to have one done at 16 weeks. It's through a private ultrasound lab and they guarantee that they can determine the sex at 16 weeks. If they can't find out on the first visit then you get your money back AND get to come back as many times as necessary for free. Plus you get a DVD of the entire ultrasound. It runs $65 for 2D and $95 for 3D. I think its a pretty good deal :) 
  • LO didnt cooperate for us the first time, and our second u/s they did. Do you have to get another u/s? Were they able to see everything but the sex?
  • I would say - what's meant to be will be! :-)

We are 18 weeks pregnant and have our first U/S coming up in a week and a half... and we've decided to not find out the gender so that we are surprised at the birth! It's so hard knowing we will not know the gender, but it's just all the more to look forward to! Besides you'll love them to death whether its a boy or a girl... I say don't sweat it!

Good luck at your next U/S!

High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"