Trying to Get Pregnant

I'm committing to losing 10 lbs...

...before my 1st IUI.  I'm guessing I have about a month or so, so I'll try my best without actually "dieting".  I just want to be healthier.  I've actually gained back roughly 25 pounds since my wedding day 1+ year ago (I had lost the weight for my wedding). I'd be super excited if I could shed some pounds.

Of course, once I have the IUI I don't necessarily have to stop trying to lose weight.  I'm just trying to keep my goals modest for now so that I won't feel overwhelmed.

Anyone else trying to lose some weight? 

FET to TTC #2: 9/29/14 Beta on 10/8/14 = BFP!
DS #1 Born 1/3/11 after IVF #1
4 failed IUIs, including 1 CP
PCOS
TTC since 2008

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: I'm committing to losing 10 lbs...

• I am.  We actualy bought and eliptical this past weekend.
  • I could stand to lose 5-10. I am getting boobs under my boobs now :(
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • me too... start up the 30 day shred again... i forgot how much I want to slap Jillian michaels... but she does keep my butt moving
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers TTC Since July 2009
    BFP C6 - m m/c found on 3/17 - D&C 3/19 9w6d
    Aug 2011 - SA - Low motility (25%) high PH
    Sept 2011 - SA - 100mil sperm, 37% motility
    Oct 2011 - HSG/SHG if not natural BFP
    Holy crap natural BFP(cycle 20)!!! - Beta#1 10/11 - 185 P-23, Beta #2 10/13 -499.8, P-35.7! Thyroid good at 1.13, Beta #3 10/18 5,854.6 P-30.6; Beta 4 10/25 - 39,500 p4 20
    1st U/S on 10/18 - saw gestational sac! 2nd u/s (10/25) saw a tiny fetus and saw the HB flickering away! 3rd U/S on 11/2 measuring 2 days ahead HB 138! 4th U/S 11/9 - Measured 8w1d - HB 178! released from RE 11/16 U/S - HB 180 everything On track!
    Pregnancy Blog
  • I would love to lose around 10 lbs. I'd be happy with 1 lb a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekdodge423:

Dropping 10 lbs in a month is the exact opposite of healthy. The only way to achieve it is through a crash diet, which will cause you more issues than doing it correctly over time.

I need to get back to it, but am setting realistic, reachable goals.

Really?  I thought losing between 1 to 2.5 pounds per week is healthy and anything more than that is too much.  If you consider there are 4.3 weeks in a month that makes up to nearly 11 pounds.  Anyway, whatever the number of pounds, I'll be doing it in a healthy way.  I can set my goal to 10 pounds and if I don't reach that, it's ok.  As long as I start eating healthier and getting more active!

PCOS
    TTC since 2008

• I really need to lose weight. I have started incorporating more veggies and  really watch my portion controls. I really need to get my butt to the gym and stop falling into the cravings for chocolate!
  • Lol...darn those raisinets and Halloween candy.  I have such a sweet tooth.  

PCOS
    TTC since 2008

• Good luck and don't listen to those who try and cut you down. Stay healthy, stay active!
  • Good Luck! :)

I was between a size 6 and 8 when I got married... I quit smoking shortly after that and went up to a size 14 and now, 2 years later, I'm back to a size 10. It's taken me about 10 months to lose 15 pounds. I just make sure I eat well and I run on the treadmill at least 5 times a week and do yoga. I feel a little better about myself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAmericanTribal:

Good Luck! :)

I was between a size 6 and 8 when I got married... I quit smoking shortly after that and went up to a size 14 and now, 2 years later, I'm back to a size 10. It's taken me about 10 months to lose 15 pounds. I just make sure I eat well and I run on the treadmill at least 5 times a week and do yoga. I feel a little better about myself.

Congrats on your accomplishments! I know it's hard. 

PCOS
    TTC since 2008

• I'm working on getting healthier, too.

I recently rejoined a gym (spent an hour there today :) ) and started entering what I eat in the daily plate at livestrong.org again.

I'm hoping to lose about 8 lbs by Christmas, though I'd settle for losing less in exchange for some toning.

• Good luck! I wish I could commit to it. I was actually going to join a gym and someone told me theres no sense in trying to lose weight right before the holidays, youll gain it right back. Indifferent  I am still considering joining the gym.
    Blog
    BFP #1 2-8-09 Natural M/C 6w1d 2-19-09
    BFP #2 5-28-09 C/P 6-1-09
    BFP #3 10-30-10 Natural M/C 12-8-10
    BFP #4 1-16-12 EDD 9-18-12 Stick baby stick!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • me & 2 other girls at work are having a 'race to lose 10 lbs' contest, the trick is we have  to keep it off to win! i lost about 30 lbs a few years ago, and was able to keep it off, and in the last 6 months or so, ive gained about 15, its so frustrating when you know you can do lose it, for me its just a matter of motivation and getting back into the healthier eating mind set!
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I just today decided I wanted to lose 5 pounds this month. I actually work out like 5 times a week and eat fairly well, but I def dont deny myself sweets and dinners out.

I looked redic for my wedding and would realllly like to feel that good again and before i get pg!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • me. I've been doing the south beach diet and alternating a 3 mile walk with the 30 day shred. For now, thats working out best for me. Back to back nights of Jillian would probably lead to my stay in a hospital..lol.

10-8-12: Grant is born!! Now a family of 5! 2-3-12: Totally unexpected BFP!! 12-10-10: Vera and Nora are born! *Beta#1(13dpFET):262*~ *Beta#2(20dpFET)4,835 TWINS!!!!!*~*Beta#3(@6wks)11,032 TRIPLETS!!!!! Baby A h/b: 109. Baby B h/b 112. Baby C h/b *praying* 4-6-10: FET (2 ET)....BFP 1-15-10: IVF (2 ET)..... BFN (1-28) 1-12-10: ER! 21 eggs! 10 to keep, 11 to donate :) 8-11-09: IUI #4 (FSH hCG) BFP .... 9-08: C/P 6-19-09: IUI #3 (FSH hCG) BFN 5-28-09: IUI #2 redo (FSH hCG) BFN 5-08-09: HSG: All clear! 4-21-09: IUI #2 canceled (clomid reaction) 4-1-09: IUI #1 (natural) BFN 9/08: S/A less than 5mil (10% mobile) -varicoseal surgery to fix...results worth it! 5/06: Endometriosis surgery 9/07: off of BCP A rejection is Gods protection. A dissapointment is His reappointment
  • I hear ya sister!!  I used to be fantastic about going to the gym at 4:30AM and working out until 6:00. I went with a friend that made it very easy!  No she isnt as motivated, and I am following down her path.  I have lost over 50 pounds within the last two years, and my hesitations about pregnancy again, is the weight gain!  Good luck and stay strong  ;)

• I'm a lifetime member of WW, but it has been harder keeping at my goal weight lately.  I started working out again and eating better this week, and I noticed I do have much more energy, which is nice. 
    Photobucket
  • I've put on about 15 pounds since our wedding last year, I'd like to lose at least 10 of them.  I feel that getting back to a healthier weight will help with TTC when we are ready, and since we aren't getting started for about 9months I should be able to reach my goal. 

GL to everyone!

imageDS born 6/11/11, miscarriage on 8/6/2012 at 10w5d, miscarriage on 12/29/13 at 5w4d, BFP #4 on 2/21/2104 at 3w4d - EDD 11/3/2014 ♡

Would you like to read/follow my blog?
  • imageMarielle0430:

...before my 1st IUI.  I'm guessing I have about a month or so, so I'll try my best without actually "dieting".  I just want to be healthier.  I've actually gained back roughly 25 pounds since my wedding day 1+ year ago (I had lost the weight for my wedding). I'd be super excited if I could shed some pounds.

Of course, once I have the IUI I don't necessarily have to stop trying to lose weight.  I'm just trying to keep my goals modest for now so that I won't feel overwhelmed.

Anyone else trying to lose some weight? 

This is me! Got married last October and have put almost the same as you back on. It's so frustrating. I told DH just this morning that I don't feel like myself. I think we're going to start training for a half marathon, which is partly how I lost the weight last year (along with Weight Watchers).

1-2 lbs is a healthy rate. If you cut back on calorie intake you will probably see a slightly bigger loss in the first week. 10 lbs in a month could be tough, especially if you aren't planning on dieting, but as long as you are feeling/being healthier that's the most important thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"