2nd Trimester
Options

*** Work! Need some support girls

So work was TERRIBLE tonight!!! (I am an LPN) It was just wayyy too busy, I got a new resident, I had a resident dying, I had a resident very sick and anxious, everything was busy, I had a resident slap me across the face (at which point I lost my cool. I would NEVER touch one of my resident's, but I yelled back, which I shouldn't do.. they are not of sound mind and I understand that. Six months ago I took it and laughed about it later, but since I have been pregnant I get so upset when they hit me. My fellow nurse said "don't worry about it, everyone has lost their cool it's just human nature... just try to stay away from that person and get off of the unit when there is trouble.. but I still feel like ***)

Then, I got an order to get bilateral eye cultures (swab the eyes) of one of my residents who does NOT like to be touched. Well, she let me do it and I was so happy. Then, the nurse coming in after me helped me fill out the paper work. After we sent it, we get a call from the supervisors that we didn't label each vial RIGHT or LEFT and we didn't write enough. Well, by that time I started the eye drops (as I was supposed to). They told us to get another set. We did that set correctly and sent it. That didn't stop the 3rd shift supervisor from teasing us NON-STOP to the point that she was degrading us.

So after a lot of crap she said something to the effect of "How many LPN's does it take to mess up an eye culture?"... I let it go at first, but then it just boiled in my belly. So I went up there and said "Get the right up slips out. You know what *Flow (changed the name, ha) ? I've never gotten an eye culture before. I had a terrible night back there and I am exhausted! You guys don't do your job perfect either! How many times did *Barbara ask you to get that Lidocaine order for *Mrs. Brube?? How many RN's does it take to get an order?!" and as I was walking away I shouted, "WRITE ME UP!"

The night was so bad that at one point, I went into a resident's bathroom to cry! My week has been crappy altogether and I am completely exhausted mentally and physically most of the time. Seriously, could you guys not flame me please and maybe even back me up? TIA

Re: *** Work! Need some support girls

• Options

Wait... wait... A coworker HIT you?

...This is not normal, or good. You need to speak with a Human Resources person, PRONTO. That is harassment, and should NOT be tolerated in a work place.

• Options
    Aw, you have had a rough night! Are you off now? I suggest a bath and a good book. Tomorrow is a new day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No, no.  It sounds like one of the patients hit her. 

Do you work in geriatrics?  

Damn.  That IS a bad night.  You can't do anything about it now.  

I am sorry that you have to deal with so much craziness at work.  It stinks.

• Options

imagesleepingbeauty825:
    Aw, you have had a rough night! Are you off now? I suggest a bath and a good book. Tomorrow is a new day!

Yes.  Definitely some relaxing is in order for you.

• Options
    awww hunny ((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))) and good vibes. Hope you have a better week this week.
  • Options
    *rubs back* it definitely sounds rough... get some rest....
  • Options
    No, one of my resident's/patient's hit me. The supervisor just made fun of me. Sorry I was upset and should've clarified better.
  • Options

imagesjbeam87:
    No, one of my resident's/patient's hit me. The supervisor just made fun of me. Sorry I was upset and should've clarified better.

Sorry. I didn't translate resident to patient. Lol. I have no medical terminology knowledge.

Um...Yeah. I would suggest a glass of wine and a bubble bath. Or maybe just some sparkling grape juice. Whatever is your style. It's not okay for people to hit you, and I don't understand why your facility allows that sort of behavior.

When's your next day off??

• Options

Thanks for all the support girls. I am off this weekend, DF is working, and I'm keeping my two toddler nephews, aaaaah. Ha jk, it will be exhausting also, but in a loving "I'm your aunt and I'll put your butt in time-out if you are bad.. or I'll call your parents to come pick you up!" kind of way. I'm very excited to see them, so even though it won't be relaxing I will be happy.

Nannyannie: My unit is supposed to specialize in patients with dementia, but instead, they admit many patients with schizophrenia, psychosis (yep, I have psychotic people slapping me around), and the like.... people who should be in a behavioral health facility, medicated with valium, etc so they don't hurt themselves or others.... instead, I have them mixed in with scared, confused, elderly people who don't know what in the world is going on. Then, they refused to properly medicate them and it's a big scary, dangerous situation. UGH

• Options
    imagesjbeam87:

Nannyannie: My unit is supposed to specialize in patients with dementia, but instead, they admit many patients with schizophrenia, psychosis (yep, I have psychotic people slapping me around), and the like.... people who should be in a behavioral health facility, medicated with valium, etc so they don't hurt themselves or others.... instead, I have them mixed in with scared, confused, elderly people who don't know what in the world is going on. Then, they refused to properly medicate them and it's a big scary, dangerous situation. UGH

Ugh.. Is there no one to report this to?! This seems very dangerous and unhealthy to me. I would be afraid to work in that environment. Stay safe, okay?

• Options
    Nope, they just get away with everything.. It is scary for me to work there because of the baby, but the other units have some "slap-happies" as well, or else they get people with infectious diseases.. not too many options. If I would get a different job, there goes maternity leave! I'm gonna try to stay as safe as possible and if I have any close calls, I will go to the ER ASAP! Thank you for listening and worrying about me. It helps, ha. No I'm off to eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's with my best guy, in bed :) Here's hoping tomorrow is a good day! Good luck and God bless!
  • Options
    It sucks that you had a bad night, just think though when you wake up in the morning it will be a new day....and Friday at that
  • Options
    OMG--I thought you meant resident as in a dr in training...  I was thinking to myself "No way she is totally making this up"!  Now I gotcha...  Sorry you had a bad shift...  Take some downtime and rest and relax:)
    Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"