Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Were you a breastfed baby?

Since we're on the topic...

I was but only for a couple weeks.  My mom didn't get much support as none of her friends or family breastfed and thought she was crazy for even trying.  Plus she went back to work when I was 6 weeks old and pumps just weren't what they are today.  Knowing that she'd have to switch anyways her heart just wasn't in it.  I don't think I'm any worse off for being formula fed.  I've always been a pretty healthy person

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
Shawn and Larissa
LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Were you a breastfed baby?

• yea but my mom stopped at 6 weeks when she went back to work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, but I lost interest around 4 months.  My mom wanted to BF for 6, but I just wasn't interested.

• Nope, she tried, but had supply issues & had to switch to FF.
    Email only to couponmom11@live.com
  • Yes I was, for about 9 months I think. My mom said when I started getting teeth and biting her nips she was done.

• Yes but my mom stopped somewhere around 2-3 months.  She went to visit her parents in FL and they made her feel horribly about her decision to breastfeed (told her she was like a peasant woman) and sent her home with a case of Enfamil.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow I'm surprised you guys lived this long since your moms were so lazy and raised you horribly...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes

I imagine there are more no than yes for the age range that most of us are in, though.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, my mom EBF me and my three sisters for 1+years each. She was lucky and it was easy for her.
    Me 38, DH 34 Missed M/C 10/08 at 10 weeks DD born 8/09, TTC#2 since Jan 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes I was breasfed for 8 months as were my other 3 siblings.  I was a pretty uppity baby about it too. I ONLY would drink from the breast. My mom said I refused a bottle and would go on hunger strike during the day at daycare and literally would NOT eat until my mom came to pick me up and would nurse me at the daycare.

SOOO glad my child isn't like that :-/

• For the first couple of weeks before my mom dveloped mastisis (sp?).  I didn't miss a day of school ever and hardly get sick (knock on wood) and I was FF. 
  • I was breastfed until I was a year old and my mom got pregnant with my sister.  BFing is hard so it is nice to have my mom as support.  
  • my mom BF me for 1 year.
  • My mom breastfed me for 2 months and then stopped on the (bad) advice of her pedi. She breastfed my two sisters for a year each. I have had allergies all my life. My sisters do not.

I know it's just one example, but since you asked...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes, she BF all 3 of us for a year.
  • Yes, for 6 months.  She wanted to go at least a year (She BF my older brother for 18 months) but I got a few teeth at 6 months and kept biting her so she was done. 
  • No, my mom never tried.  She knew that it was something she had no desire to do.  She never tried to swing me one way or the other and was incredibly supportive when I decided breastfeeding wasn't for us either.  I've never felt like I didn't bond with my mom - she also credits formula feeding as the reason I'm as close as I am to my dad.  I've always been healthy and if anything, have been accused of being overly attached to my parents.  I think it's not so much what or how you feed your child but how you interact with them overall that matters in the end.
  • Nope. My mom didn't have success with my older brother so she started me out on formula... and I turned out great, if I do say so myself!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Nope! 

Only my oldest sibling was bf and she is the only one with allergies, etc. 

• Yes, for a year. My mom was getting her Master's degree and my dad would drive me an hour and a half every day she had class so she could breastfeed me during her breaks.
  • I wasn't at all. My mom refused to do it. She's supportive of me doing it though.
  • Yes. My mom breastfed all of her four kids.
  • Yes, I was. And two of my other three siblings were as well. The one who wasn't breastfed was a preemie and they wouldn't allow my Mom to bf or feed him breastmilk (this was in 1965).
  • yes, my mom BF 4 out of 5 kids for about a year each.
  • Nope...not one ounce.
  • Nope, neither of us were. I am EBF DS.

• My mom said I as mostly BF until 6 months and then I was mostly FF.
  • nope - but I am BF my son.
  • No I was feed thru a feeding tube for 6 months then FF. My older brother was for 2 months till she went back to work, and my sister was for 7 months.
  • i was adopted, and so was not breastfed.

my parents and pediatrician called me "the bionic baby" because i never got sick. ever. i was skeptical of this and just recently asked my mom again about it. she said, "well, you were constipated once."

sooooo, let's not whip out the "bf babies are always healthier" argument, either.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nope.
  • Yes, but mom had to supplement because of supply issues.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was breastfed until I was almost three. 
  • Nope and I was a healthy kid, she BF my sister and my sister was always sick.

• Nope, none of my siblings nor I were ever BF'd.  My mom supports my nursing LO though. 
  • nope, she was lazy!

JK! I have no idea why she didn't. She makes me feel like a damn dairy cow every time I pump though. She doesn't give me much support.

• Yes, for 22 months

yep, I could ask for it by the time my mom finished, lol!

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
  • I was BF for over 2 years.  I never get sick (like, never ever), but I've also heard being BF longer makes you smarter and I'm definitely no genius! LOL
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mom was a big hippie, and claims she didn't even know formula existed then. So yes, me and my 2 siblings were EBF, one until she was almost one, and my brother and I until we were about 8 months or so
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"