1st Trimester
Options

What nickname do you call your baby?

The 1st time I was pregnant we called my now DS squid. Don't ask lol. What name if any are you using?

Re: What nickname do you call your baby?

• Options

The first one was and still is pookie

This one is gummy bear so far

• Options

Cashew.

People started calling it peanut, and DH and I looked at each other and stated how we don't like peanuts, we like cashews. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Right now we call it the m&m, because on the very first u/s at 4+ weeks it was just a teeny tiny black smudge.
    BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• Options
    "The Baby".  Ha! Guess we are not too creative.  We never had nicknames for any of the pregnancies.
  • Options

We're using bean :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The butterbean
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm calling the baby "Sprout". I figure, I am GROWING him/her after all.  ;)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ziggy.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    We call ours Wocket, from the Dr. Seuss book There's a Wocket in My Pocket
  • Options

Last pregnancy the doctor who was doing the u/s called her our "critter", i dunno I really liked that hehe.

• Options
    Our lil' parasite
  • Options
    Pretty uncreative with "peanut".  Guess if I "illegally" hopped in a hot tub, it'd be a "boiled peanut" ;)  (a little homage to one of DH's favorite treats from home).  
  • Options
    Dash...b/c LO is the result of a quickie before work. And 6 days later we had implantation spotting. Pull n' pray...gotta love it! *lol*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We call ours 'little stinky' since I have been so gassy...kinda funny...
  • Options

the baby.

We're not very cutesy.

• Options

imageMonkey524:
    Our lil' parasite

We use parasite too... or I call it AJ (DH's first initial and junior haha, cause it makes him cranky)

• Options
    the peanut. my dh started calling it that the day we found out. after the baby is born we are both getting peanut tattoos.... with the baby name under of course!
  • Options
    We call ours baby or bun.
  • Options
    I was referring to him/her as "poppy" because when we got the BFP it was the size of a poppy seed.

DH though has taken to calling him/her "Jelly Bean" - we we use that. 
  • Options
    I call ours the fetus. Dh and my mom hate it.

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMonkey524:
    Our lil' parasite

That is exactly what Dr. House called a baby on the second season.

In his own words: "...the good news is that most women learn to embrace this parasite, name them, dress them in tiny clothes and arrange play dates with other parasites..."

I thought it was cruel, but funny too.

There are no blurred lines, only jail time

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

my blog: Inspirationseeker.blogspot.com
  • Options
    i've been calling her something different every week.? the different foods that are listed on this website to help determine the size of the baby. cause my husband thinks it's ridiculous.? this week she's olive.? ?
  • Options

I like jelly bean - but, DH and MIL like sweet pea...

My SIL and brother are expecting their "gummibear" any day now - so, that one's taken! 

• Options
    Baby b
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Barry Lamaar. Ugh, DH wants to name him (if it's a him) after Barry Bonds. I have started calling it that too around him. I don't want my child to be named after that man!
  • Options

Our little bugger.

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Options
    Munchkin. It started when someone compared a prune (the baby's size that week) to a munchkin and it's stuck. I think it might last until well after the baby is born!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Usually it's Baby D.
    BFP#1 10/5/09 | Heartbeat 11/1/09 | D&C 11/24/09 (no hb)
    BFP#2 02/18/11 * Beta@15dpo=215 * @18dpo=698 * @20dpo=2337 * @25dpo=10,931 * DS Arrived October 24, 2011
    BFP#3 08/12 | D&C 9/12 (no hb)
    BFP#4 Due May 1, 2014 Stick baby stick!
  • Options
    After seeing LO on the u/s for the 1st time yesterday, BF is calling it "Mr Wiggles" or "Nubs".

• Options
    Cleitus the Fetus
  • Options

imageonengardner:
    Barry Lamaar. Ugh, DH wants to name him (if it's a him) after Barry Bonds. I have started calling it that too around him. I don't want my child to be named after that man!

That's hilarious - Barry used to work out at my gym. He was a pretty nice guy.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    "Our little lamb"...  My first name is Mary, so Mary had a little lamb...  kind of lamb but it stuck and is gender neutral since we're not finding out.
    mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
  • Options
    That's good to know! I don't blame him for the steroids thing. I feel like he was just a scapegoat. I did think he tended to seem like a jerk but it's nice to know he's actually a nice guy. Maybe Barry Lamaar isn't so bad. Wait, yes it is.
  • Options
    We are due in June so we are nicknaming the baby "Junebug".
  • Options

imagetwo-pink-shoes:
    Cleitus the Fetus

that's hilarious!!

we call ours little bear. our nickname between each other is bear, so of course the baby would be little bear.

• Options

We've been calling the baby Blessing for a few weeks now - not because we're super sentimental and cutesy but because we have been disagreeing over names and the other day in church I saw that some lady's name was Blessing Smith. So of course, I pointed that out to my husband and said that's what we're naming our baby. It seems to have stuck.

Lately, though, my husband seems to think that Blessing is too girly so he's taken to calling the baby Diesel Hellfire. Um, yeah. He wants a boy.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My husband starting calling it bean, so thats what I having been calling it too :)
  • Options

Usually just "baby", but honestly don't think I've referenced it much. 

H likes to call it the jumbo shrimp, at my first u/s it looked like a shrimp but the u/s tech said "it looks like a big baby"...so now H says jumbo shrimp.

• Options
    My husband and I call it the Chub, because its made me chubby. It just kinda stuck, but now Im leaning more towards a human name, and not something that points out my ever expanding waste.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

usually "le be-be" or whatever fruit s/he is supposed to be the size of in any given week.  Next week is olive.  I don't like olives so I doubt we'll be referring to the baby as an olive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"