1st Trimester
Options

HELP, I haven't pooped in 3 days!!!!!!!

Uhhhhg my belly feels like it's full of rocks... gross I know. ?Anyone know of anything safe that'll make me go? ?I have my 1st u/s today & was hoping to go before. ?

Re: HELP, I haven't pooped in 3 days!!!!!!!

• Options
    how's your diet? usually eating a giant salad helps me.
  • Options

One Word: Colace

It is a stool softener that works gently. Finally starting to feel better with it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Stool softeners (colace) are fine. Drink lots of water. Incorporate more fiber in your diet.

If you don't poop soon, call your doc. My pregnancy guide says to call if it's been 72 hours of no pooping.

• Options
    Try eating a banana or two...that usually helps me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Prunes?  That's what my doc recommended, but I couldn't eat them, so....  Colace?
  • Options

I think this is so crazy because I have been going multiple times a day! Weird...

My sister found a tea called Smooth Move. I forget the brand, but its in the organic aisle I believe. I don't know if its good for pregnancy, but she said it works like a charm. Maybe ask your dr at your appt?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My diet has been a little off with m/s all I want is junk food & no greens. ?I've tried prunes, pear juice & fiber but it hasn't done anything. ?I actually bought Colace but it's a stoll softener & laxitive. ?The pharmasist scared me & said it might be too strong for pregnant woman so I was going to wait & ask my Dr. ?Uhhhg this sucks!!!!!!!
  • Options
    My Dr. said to eat plenty of fruits and veggies, drink lots of water, you can use Colace or Metamucil.
  • Options

Stool softeners are fine. You want to stay away from stimulant laxatives...these cause intestinal contractions which can also cause uterine contractions...bad news.

My docs' "ok meds" list has colace on it.

• Options

Lots of water, fruit, prunes, salads, etc.

Unfortunetly I am having the opposite problem.  Ugh.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options

I don't know if you have a Trader Joe's by you or not, but they have this cereal called "Twigs, Flakes, and Clusters" and just ONE cup a day will make you so regular you will forget you were ever clogged!

I have had a ton of stomach problems my whole life and this cereal has really helped! I mix it my hot cereal in the morning and I have never felt better. It has 12 grams of fiber per serving! Tastes pretty good too!

good luck!

• Options
    I felt the same way and it kept getting worse.... FIBER is the best remedy so far... Well that stool softner and Milk of magnesia. Your body is telling you to eat more fruits and veggies... Good luck...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was going to say....welcome to pregnancy.

My bowels are all wacky and from what I've heard that is normal.

• Options

I will say this much...do NOT take milk of magnesia if you have nausea.... i vomited so much after trying to take some that I thought i saw a boot come out.

I had constipation w/ the last pg too....nothing but finally eating some real food ever helped. Stool softeners like colace are the safest. Laxatives might be ok (check w/ doc) as a one time solution, but if you use them too often, the body becomes dependant on them to go.

Oh Boy! On our way to 3! Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Coffee or salad
  • Options

Hi Dorothy!  we've got the same due date!  Yeah!!! :-)

I've been taking benefiber powder (I mix it in with my water, milk, cereal, etc) and that seems to help... I also take Align - an OTC probiotic for the digestive tract.  Both the gastroenterologist and OBGYN said they were fine to take while pregnant. 

Haven't had much of a problem, though a was constipated for a few days last week - I'd forgotten to take my benefiber for a few days. 

• Options

Some of the girls on the other tri boards swear by a lemon in hot water. Drink it down and the poop comes sliding out.

You really want to be careful not to get too constipated because you'll get hemorroids.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"