Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Dumb bottle question

This is probably stupid, but is there any reason I can't use a BM bottle for my FF DS?

We started out exclusively BFing, but it turns out I have hypoplasia and can't produce milk so we have to FF.  DS also has some suck problems so we were using a special needs feeder with a Haberman nipple.  He's ready for a "normal" bottle/nipple now and we're trying to find which one works the best for us; he HATES Playtex drop-ins, DH doesn't like Avent because they leak too much, and the Bron Free is only "okay."  I'm planning to try Dr. Brown's, too, but so far DS's hands down favorite is the Medela bottles and nips that came with my breast pump.  They're supposed to be used with BM - is it okay to use them with formula or is there some reason that's a bad idea? 

Re: Dumb bottle question

• Options
    I don't see why not......
  • Options
    If he likes them, then use them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Avent don't leak if you make sure they're not on too tight (I kept doing that thinking I was preventing leaks).  Also, there's apparently a trick to the nipple in the ring if they're still leaking, but I've found if I don't crank the lid on, they don't leak.  

But yeah... I would say use whatever your baby will accept.  It doesn't matter what the bottle is like, as long as the food is getting to their tummy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"