Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Names

1. Did you and SO agree on names ? 2. Did you have a girl & boy nam picked out? If so what were they? 3. Did you stick with the name? 4. Did the names have meaning to you?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Names

• We didn't decide on a name until a few days before we had her. Her first name is obviously after Bob Dylan and her middle name is after DH's great grandmother.

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • we agreed on names for the most part. we knew Connor Michael would be the name for a boy for sure. we had Madison Brynn picked out until about a week before we went to find out what we were having, then had second thoughts. Madison is just so popular, we didnt want her to go to school with 3 other Madisons. Connor DH liked a year or 2 ago and we stuck with it, Michael is his middle name so we passed it on to Connor. there was no meaning to Madison or Brynn.

Little Dude - Connor Michael 6/8/09
    Angel Face - Mya Brynn 12/9/11
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. For the most part we agreed. 

2. We had a girl name picked out and we talking about boy names.

3. Chole, middle name either Jane or Ann.

4. No.

• 1 kinda 2 yes 3 Jackson Robert and Natalie Rose 4 Robert is his grandfathers name and 'SO''s middle name.
  • imagemommy megan:
    1. Did you and SO agree on names ? YES  2. Did you have a girl & boy nam picked out? YES. If so what were they? ALEXANDER LEE OR EMMA LOU 3. Did you stick with the name? YES 4. Did the names have meaning to you? YES- Alexander is my last name, Lee is my Boyfriends Middle name. Lou is my mothers middle name.
  • 1. Did you and SO agree on names? : Not completely.

2. Did you have a girl & boy nam picked out? If so what were they? : Yes, we wanted Jude for a boy. For a girl DH wanted Meredith, I wanted Leelia.

3. Did you stick with the name?: Nope, we have an Ian Parker.

4. Did the names have meaning to you? : Not really. We just liked it.

• 1. Yes

2. Leia Elizabeth

Luke Anthony

3. Yes...bet nobody can figure it out.

DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a bunch of names that I liked, and Colin, or Chelsea if it was a girl, were the only names that my SO also liked so that's what we went with.  We picked them out early on and called the baby "Baby C" until we found out that we were having a boy!  And nope, the name doesn't have any meaning.  I kind of wish that there was a cooler story to it, but there isn't!  
  • 1- for the most part yes. dd's name was agreed upon even before the bfp!

2- 2 of each.

Girls - Maija Jean & Sienna Caroline

Boys - Noah William & Owen Robert

3- yep!

4- yes, my grandma's name is Martha Jean. Caroline, William & Robert are family names.

• imagemommy megan:
    1. Did you and SO agree on names ? We liked the same names 2. Did you have a girl & boy nam picked out? If so what were they? Yes/yes Daphne/Zachary Laurence 3. Did you stick with the name? Yes DH loves the name Zac. We went with Zachary so he had a choice of being Zac or Zachary 4. Did the names have meaning to you? Laurence is DH middle name and FIL's we'll honor my dad if we have another boy by using my dads first name as his middle name
  • 1. We kinda did we did a lot of waffling on the boy name 

2. Yes we have had the girl name since we first started datting (see below for story) the boy name was a little harder for me as I first found the name Aiden one day at work but didn't like it becuse if you said it fast (with the last name) it sounded like "Agent Payne" but when I told DH he said that he LOVE IT so it stuck. The girl name "Isabella" came around after one of my good friends found out my new boyfriend (now DH) last name was Payne so she said if you have a girl you have to name her Isa (so it's is-a-Payne) Yes I know we are evil parents :)

3. Yes for the Boy name & once we are blessed with a girl yes to 

4. Aiden is celtic meaning "little fire" & given that DH hair is red we are really hoping when his hair comes in it is red. 

• imagepatrickandkim:

1. Yes

2. Leia Elizabeth

Luke Anthony

LOL is it starwars ?
  • imagemommy megan:
    1. Did you and SO agree on names. No we didn't he wanted to name him Elroy and I hated it. I wanted Emmett and he hated it

? 2. Did you have a girl & boy nam picked out? We agreed on the name I picked for a girl. But not a boy

If so what were they? 3. Did you stick with the name? Once we found the name Edric we stuck to it

4. Did the names have meaning to you? Yes it does! I love telling ppl the meaning behind his name. Well My FI's name is Eric and my grandmother who meant the world to me was Edna so when we found this name we loved it bc it meant so much to me.

• We completely agreed on the girl name right away, but we had such a hard time picking out a boy name that we never got around to it before we got our gender u/s. We named DD Grace because my MIL has always wanted a Gracie for a granddaughter and this will probably be her last grandchild. Kyan was my best friend's middle name and she passed away about 6 months before I got pregnant.
  • imagemommy megan:
    imagepatrickandkim:

1. Yes

2. Leia Elizabeth

Luke Anthony

LOL is it starwars ?

Indeed it is.

DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Did you and SO agree on names?  Yes.

2. Did you have a girl & boy nam picked out?  We knew way before I got pg what our boy name would be, we went back and forth on the girl name.  If so what were they?  Noah for a boy (obviously) and either Naomi or Nora for a girl.

3. Did you stick with the name?  Yep.

4. Did the names have meaning to you?  DH's grandfather passed away in August of 2007, his name was Norman.  In their family it is tradition to use at least the first initial of a person who has recently passed away to name the next baby.  We didn't like the name Norman, but his Hebrew name was Noah and we thought that was perfect.

• 1. We pretty much only fully agreed on the one we used. We had others we were both okay with, but I think the one we chose was the only one we both really liked.

2. We'd had a girl name for years, but didn't need it. We knew we were having a boy long before we came up with a boy name.

3. We decided which one we were going with about 9 hours after he was born. We wanted to see him before choosing his name. 

4. Not especially. I liked the name, and DH agreed to it because it was the same as the kid in The Neverending Story (though spelled differently.)  

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. We have similar taste in names, so there were several we agreed on

2. We had Bella for a girl and Henry for a boy picked out even before I knew I was pregnant

3. After we had the big u/s and found out it was a girl we started calling her Bella for a bit but it didn't fit - then we came across Harper and both liked that much better :) We didn't keep Henry at the top of our boys list either, we decided we liked Nolan better and that is the #1 name on our list for if our second child is a boy

4. Nope, didn't really pay attention to meanings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"