Baby Names

Girl Name WDYT??

I have always loved the name Bailey for a girl but I know 2 people with dogs named Bailey!! errr. 1 - do you like the name for a girl? 2- does it remind you of a "dog" name? Thanks Ladies!!

Re: Girl Name WDYT??

• yes i like the name, but it is becoming popular. and NO it doesn't remind me of a dog's name at all.
    Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've met a female Bailey before, but I'm not a fan of surnames/ boy names for girls. It just sounds like a last name to me. And yeah, I have to say that I do know someone who has a dog named Bailey. That being  said, people use a lot of popular names for their pets.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I do think of a dog when I hear Bailey, but I also think of the liquor and a last name. I like it for a girl and I would use it if I were you.
  • i like the name bailey for a girl.  i do know a few dogs named bailey, but i still think it works for a child.  people give their dogs people names all the time :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister's name is Bailey...it works well for a girl :)
    DD 2.9.10 DS born sleeping 12.2.12
  • 1.  No.

2.  Yes.  Definitely. 

• Super cute. It doesn't make me think of a dog at all.  DH and I are thinking of Marlie for a girl and a friend said it reminded him of the movie "Marley and Me"  ... so, I know exactly how you feel.
  • yes, i immediately think of the dog i know named bailey.  don't really like the name for a kid.
  • bailey makes me think of a dog...therefore, i don't like this name for a person.

• It totally doesn't remind me of a dog! ?And I really like that name too. ?I like the name Isla, but our cousin's dog's name is Isla and it's kind of wierd to me for the baby to have the same name as the dog...BUT, if you don't see these people that often and it just bothers you that they named their dogs the same name you really like for a girl, go for it!! ?It's a great name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageangelynn8411:
    yes i like the name, but it is becoming popular. and NO it doesn't remind me of a dog's name at all.

Bailey is becoming popular?  Hmm

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • I know about 4 labradors named Bailey. I wouldn't use it for a baby because in my head it is a dog's name.
  • No, I don't care for it. It sounds dated (90s name). Yes, I absolutely think of a dog. 
  • yes, it reminds me of a dog
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Bailey is my favorite unisex name.  It in NO WAY makes me think of a dog.
  • That is actually my dogs last name, however I still like it for a little girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"