Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What is your daily routine with 6-7 wk old?

I have a 2 almost 3 yr old but cant remember for the life of me what my routine was back then! LOL.  So, it seems like my 6 wk old DD pretty much sleeps all day and when she is awake its only for like 30min-1hr and then she falls back asleep.  She still only goes about 3 hrs at night between feedings, eats about 4oz with each feeding during the day night.  I go back to work in 4wks and wondering if she is "normal" and if there is anything I can do to get her in a better routine, sleeping longer at night, etc...

Re: What is your daily routine with 6-7 wk old?

• I just posted almost the same question at the same exact time :)  Your LO sounds like mine.  DS will be 8 weeks Monday and some days he sleeps all day and other days he doesnt sleep much.  He eats about 5 oz every 3 hours...he goes a little longer sometimes at night but not much.
  • She eats about 4 oz every 3 hours or so - sometimes during the day it'll be 2 1/2 hours between feedings but more consistently 3 hours... at night she can go 4 or 4 1/2 hours between feedings occasionally. She takes about a half hour to eat, and sleeps for about a 1/2 hour in between feedings but will sleep more if she is in the carseat (either in the car or stroller, she loves moving ) or we are holding her. Sometimes in between feedings I play with her on her play mat, sometimes she plays in her bouncy, sometimes in her swing...

My pediatrician suggested doing a bath every night right before her later nighttime bottle... she said it'd help her understand difference between night/day because after her bath we put her PJs on, read her a book (with the lights dimmed) and give her a bottle. It's helped a lot with getting her to sleep longer stretches through the night and going back to sleep fairly quickly after eating in the middle of the night.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image merry christmas from my little elves! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine just went through a painful cluster feeding growth spurt that lasted about five days..he got better yesterday so I would say he has been sleeping most of the day and feeding about 7 times a day - either from the breast or pumped milk in a bottle (3 oz). He gets swaddled after the last feeding of the day around 8 pm and goes into his bassinet. He will sleep between 4 to 6 hours. Last night he fed at 9 PM and then woke up at 4 AM for his next feeding, then he has been hungry about every 2-3 hours. Right now he's sleeping in his swing which is what he does all day. I do try to get in some play time/tummy time around 10-11 AM.
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My LO is 8 weeks and BF, but here is our routine (not schedule, too young for that!)

Wake up between 7 and 8, eat and diaper change, sit in bouncy while I get coffee going and breakfast and take care of the dog, play and eat with small catnaps until noon, when he will usually go down for a nap (by himself) that lasts 2-2.5 hours, then another rotation of play and eat with small catnaps for the rest of the afternoon.  Bath time around 7 or 7:30, jammies,then a bottle of EBM from daddy, then swing and a story to put him to sleep.  He sleeps in the swing until he wakes up to eat the first time (3 hours) and then we co sleep.  From there he wakes up every 3 hours to eat like clockwork.

The night time routine has definitely helped to solidify a bedtime, which allows DH and I a couple of hours together at night before we go to bed.  Hope that helps!

• Typically, he wakes up in the morning, sometime between 6:30 - 7:30. eats and then falls asleep between 8:30-9:00. Most days, he sleeps 3-4 hours, waking sometime between noon and 1:00. Once he wakes, he eats every 3 hours. I try to keep him awake (other than little cat naps - selfishly hoping he'll sleep more at night), but sometimes he'll take another hour long nap.

We try to get him down for the night beteen 8:30-9:30. On a good night, he'll sleep 4 hours straight. Most nights, he'll sleep for 3 hours, I'll nurse and then wash, rinse, and repeat until 6:30 - 7:30 am.

~Erica, Mommy to Peyton 9/06 & Cullen 9/09
  • imagehmarsano:

My LO is 8 weeks and BF, but here is our routine (not schedule, too young for that!)

Wake up between 7 and 8, eat and diaper change, sit in bouncy while I get coffee going and breakfast and take care of the dog, play and eat with small catnaps until noon, when he will usually go down for a nap (by himself) that lasts 2-2.5 hours, then another rotation of play and eat with small catnaps for the rest of the afternoon.  Bath time around 7 or 7:30, jammies,then a bottle of EBM from daddy, then swing and a story to put him to sleep.  He sleeps in the swing until he wakes up to eat the first time (3 hours) and then we co sleep.  From there he wakes up every 3 hours to eat like clockwork.

The night time routine has definitely helped to solidify a bedtime, which allows DH and I a couple of hours together at night before we go to bed.  Hope that helps!

Ha, that sounds like a schedule to me! ;)

PS..I dont think there is anything wrong with having a schedule with LO, we have one and it works great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"