Babies: 0 - 3 Months

vacuum

I just discovered that the vacuum cleaner stops the screaming and puts LO to sleep...I turned it off and he started screaming...so he is currently napping in the swing with the vacuum cleaner running.  Is there a machine that makes vacuum cleaner noise?  I am kind of afraid I am going to ruin my vacuum and it isnt a cheap one.

Re: vacuum

• We found that around that age just turning on running water, like the bath, would instantly make him stop crying.  Bathroom fan worked too, but the water was the best. 
  • someone posted this website a while back.

clicky

• Loading the player...
  • we use the hairdryer. i'd rather burn up a $20 hairdryer than a $200 vacuum.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did that with a colicky baby I nannied for awhile back, the vacuum was fine. However its kinda obnoxious, have you also tried a white noise machine? One of the ones that is an actual fan and not a recording of sounds may work better, given his preference for vacuums.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Someone bought me a collection of CDs that have all different kinds of white noise.... fan blowing, vacuum, hair dryer.   I have no idea where but you might want to try googling that.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"