Babies: 0 - 3 Months

My baby will not sleep!!

So, we've had three bad sleep nights with a lot of waking up and today she hasn't napped more than 30 mins total all day.  I don't know how she is still going!  She's napping now...we'll see how long that goes.

I'm at a loss as to what else I can try to help her sleep.  At her age, she needs more sleep!  Last time we were at the pedi, we brought this up and she said that if she's sleeping well at night to not worry so much about the day (?) well, now she's not sleeping at night either!!

Re: My baby will not sleep!!

• dd went through this. she had started to figure out if she yelled, we would pick her up. so we started aying her down for a nap, and singing/talking/ shhing/patting to soothe her, but we did. not. pick her up. she eventually figured out that we weren't going to pick her up, and went to sleep. now when we put her down, she doesn't even fuss anymore, she just passes right out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So I'm assuming you have tried swaddling, pacifer, rocking...all the above? Man that sux! Yesterday my LO would fall asleep and everytime I put her down she would wake up! It was a long day! I've had a few nights when my LO wouldn't go back to sleep after her 2am feeding and it was just a lot of bouncing, swinging while she was swaddled. Finally I just layed her down next to me and she finally fell asleep!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenofreespeeches:
    dd went through this. she had started to figure out if she yelled, we would pick her up. so we started aying her down for a nap, and singing/talking/ shhing/patting to soothe her, but we did. not. pick her up. she eventually figured out that we weren't going to pick her up, and went to sleep. now when we put her down, she doesn't even fuss anymore, she just passes right out.

This is what we've just started doing as well.  It seems to be working so far!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • afgafg member

imagenofreespeeches:
    dd went through this. she had started to figure out if she yelled, we would pick her up. so we started aying her down for a nap, and singing/talking/ shhing/patting to soothe her, but we did. not. pick her up. she eventually figured out that we weren't going to pick her up, and went to sleep. now when we put her down, she doesn't even fuss anymore, she just passes right out.

I've been doing this a little but maybe I'm giving up too soon...she tries so hard to fall asleep - she sucks on her hand and earlier she was even holding her eye closed! haha

She'll sleep but for no more than 10mins! 

• When you sang/talk/pat etc does she stop crying?  I am having this problem with my LO also but he does not stop crying when we are soothing him unless he is picked up...he has not slept at all today.

• Did you try swaddling?  We stopped swaddling for the longest time because we thought he liked to sleep better with his arms/legs free.

Well we went through this not taking nap stage a few weeks ago.  He was constantly fighting sleep.  I grabbed the nearest receiving blanket, wrapped him up tight and he was out like a light.  This has seemed to be working now...he is actually wrapped up next to me on the sofa and has been napping for well over an hour.  

I don't know if it's a step back or not, but it's getting him to sleep so I'm sticking with it!  

• afgafg member
    imageLoudermilk2B:

When you sang/talk/pat etc does she stop crying?  I am having this problem with my LO also but he does not stop crying when we are soothing him unless he is picked up...he has not slept at all today.

Sometimes she will but 9 times out of 10 she will suck furiously on her hand but not stop crying so I end up having to pick her up. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"