Breastfeeding

I miss engorgement

I think my supply is going down. DS tries to nurse and thrashes about like he isn't getting any. My boobs are squishy and don't do the normal throb or let down sensation.I think he is in a growth spurt and needing more to.

What do I do? I am scared to death that I will be forced to do formula for the first time.

Re: I miss engorgement

• Do you have a back up supply? Do you know how much you have if you were to pump?
  • to be honest i am rarely engorged except when he sleeps longer at night... i just figured my body was making just enough for him...?

i had to give him pumped milk one day and while i was out i pumped 8 oz so i know he is getting enough :)?

love, passion, adore, always. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would pump once inthe morning after his first feeding and could get 4 oz. Now I get a few drips. I used to leak all the time too, and now that's non-existent. I have gone through all my reserve stash. I am pumping trying to build back and drinking tons of water to no avail.
  • Have you consulted a lactation consultant? What type of pump are you using?
  • Have you consulted a lactation consultant? What type of pump are you using?
  • I have heard that fenugreek helps. Its an herbal supplment you can get from GNC. I haven't tried it yet because i want to get an okay from my doctor first but I am having the same issue!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"