Baby Names

What do you think of

Marley? Marlee? Marlie?

Boy or girl?

I think of 1) the movie/book 2) Bob Marley (who the dog is actually named after in that movie/book 3) super trendy fad of giving people last names as first name when they were not first names in the first place.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

***Nestie Bestie w/ TheDeatons***

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: What do you think of

• its ok..but nms..i think bob marley
    Married on September 11th, in honor of our fallen heroes.
  • When I first heard it I didn't like it but I know a young girl with the name and it has really grown on me
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Loading the player...
  • It's okay, but nms. Marley is definitely my favorite spelling of it, I don't like the other ones at all. It is all girl to me.
  • I think that's what my brother's wife is dead set on naming their girl..definitely nms but I hope it grows on me cuz I feel kind of sorry for her (the kid that can't choose her own name).

Maybe it will come out a boy :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

***Nestie Bestie w/ TheDeatons***

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• NMS.  I think of Jacob Marley from A Christmas Carol.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Eh, it's ok.  Like the other poster said, it could be a name that could grow on you, depending on the child.  I am a teacher and had a girl named Arleigh in my class a few years ago.  I thought the name was awful, until I realized that the little girl really made the name work! 
  • I think of the dog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I think of Bob Marley, but I like it spelled Marlie for a girl.
  • There is also the actress Marlee Matlin.  It's nms but it's not much different than Marla or Carley.

• Marley only and girl.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Bob Marley and Marley Shelton. Oh and the dog Marley.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a friend named Marley and she's the sweetest person I've ever met. For that reason, I like the name and associate it with a girl.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • NMS. I think of it as a surname but something about it seems feminine to me so if I had to choose, I'd use it for a girl over a boy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with you OP. 
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• my old bosses daughter was named marley. i think its cute, but in her case she was named after bob marley ( we lived in a ski bum town and she was a young single mom that wasnt a stranger to parties) i like it better for a girl than a boy. i just had a son named sage, but we were also thinking about zion or bodhi, . we wanted something earthy and spiritual but not over the top.
  • I knew a girl in college with this name but now I know 4 dogs with it...nms
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageWinter92:
    It's okay, but nms. Marley is definitely my favorite spelling of it, I don't like the other ones at all. It is all girl to me.

x2!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"