Babies: 0 - 3 Months

2 nights of awfulness

Wow.  I went from having a baby who would sleep 5 hours, wake once to eat, and sleep another 4-5 hours to having a baby who wakes constantly, then screams and pulls away from the breast/bottle and farts his brains out occasionally every 1.5 hours.  He's been a real crab during the day too.  I think he's practicing his vocals for the punk rock band he'll be joining when he's 15.  I got a total of 3 hours of sleep each night this week. 

I just keep reminding myself that sometime between now and when he starts driving, he'll sleep soundly and without pissing off our neighbors.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: 2 nights of awfulness

• Yep. I feel ya! from 5-8 weeks my DD slept beautifully. Down at 8, only up once for a feeding and then back down until 7am.  I dont knwo what happened but she went back to up every hour again. She wakes up farting, wakes up because she wants to play, it's just all night long! It's rough.
  • Does he wake himself up farting?  My baby was sleeping 4-5 hours in a row and then this past week he has been waking up after 3 hours.  I think he is waking up because he is pooping.  He seems to be straining a little bit and I have no idea why b/c his poop is actually especially liquidy this week - the doctor said it might be from the rotavirus vaccine - I dunno...
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebeckytr:
    Does he wake himself up farting?  My baby was sleeping 4-5 hours in a row and then this past week he has been waking up after 3 hours.  I think he is waking up because he is pooping.  He seems to be straining a little bit and I have no idea why b/c his poop is actually especially liquidy this week - the doctor said it might be from the rotavirus vaccine - I dunno...

I suspect he is waking himself up pooping/farting.  He seems to be in some pain but this has been the case since he was born.  The odd thing is it seems like he's much more upset about it at night.  During the day he'll grunt and whine but not scream.  Oy.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • if your BF perhaps its something your eating?.....

caffeine, fruit juices, sprouts, broccolii, cabbage, tomatoes.......?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"