Breastfeeding

new BFer needs help! bra/tank question

i fully plan on BFing DD when she's born.  all of my other children were FF so i feel like a new mommy again here!!

i'm preparing my hospital bag and i'm wondering if i should buy nursing bras now, or wait until my milk comes in.

most bras are on the pricey side i'm finding, so i'm nervous to buy any and then end up not liking or being able to nurse for some reason.

i'm also considering buying 2 or 3 nursing tanks and using those in the hospital.(i've heard good reviews of the Target ones and they're pretty inexpensive)  i usually wear a night gown or something when i'm in there, but that obviously won't work if i'm nursing.  nursing tank and shorts or pants maybe???

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: new BFer needs help! bra/tank question

• That's exactly what I did.  I bought a couple of nursing tanks and wore those until my milk came in.  I wore them with a pair of DH's boxers or PJ pants to bed in the hospital and for the first couple of weeks we were home.
  • good!!  i did get one nursing bra on clearance at motherhood and it seemed pretty roomy.  it seems to be a sleep style bra, which i thought would be good for the time i'm trapped at home after shes born!  i also couldn't beat the $12.99 price tag!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • When I was in the hospital I either wore the gown they gave me or a cheap non-PG/non-nursing dress that had a surplice neckline and was a soft jersey (something like this).  I loved that the most because I wasn't in the best of shape post-delivery and the last thing I would have wanted to do is put on a pair of pants or shorts.  But this style I wore sans bra, was able to look decent for guests, be comfortable and slip the front to the side to nurse.
  • Nursing tanks are great. I have the ones from Target and I also have a couple from Walmart. The first one that I ordered from there was short but they carry different ones now and they are actually longer than the Target ones. The Walmart ones are a little cheaper too.

After the first night (I delivered late in the day and wore my hospital gown) I wore nursing tanks and PJ pants in the hospital. I had a cotton robe too for when I needed it.

• I wish I would have had more nursing tanks in teh hospital and the first few weeks home.
  • the target nursing tanks are awesome!!!!!! get as many as you can, i only have 2 ans waant more bc i wear them everyday to bed around the house and when we go out!  i did not use a nursing bra at the hospital but i have no modesty. the thing i wore to the hospital and am so glad i did was a big syrong. i just tied it around me like a strapless dress. it was comfy and i didnt have to keep getting undressed every time a nurse had to check me and i wrapped it around me for breastfeeding afterwards. plus now i have a cool thing i still use that holds lots of memerories.
  • I highly recommend nursing tanks from glamourmom.com. I have lived in them! They are pricey but so well worth it. In the hospital I work pjs that came with a nursing tank (pants, tank, and light robe).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"