Breastfeeding

I am leaving the pump on the boobs until I get 2 ounces

ARG!!  It has been 15 mns already - I am getting 2 ounces from this session so I can freeze 7 tonight if it kills me!!
Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

Re: I am leaving the pump on the boobs until I get 2 ounces

• are you massaging your breasts as you pump?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • no, how do I do that with the flange in place?
    Picture3-3.jpg

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
  • imagegumiberg:
    are you massaging your breasts as you pump?

No idea how you are supposed to do this when you double pump if you don't have a hands free bra or whatever.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebethCT:
    no, how do I do that with the flange in place?

take an old sports bra and cut holes where your nipples are...place the flanges in the holes and you have a hands free pumping bra.  works like a charm and you wont believe how much additional milk you will be able to express. 

• no I pump one side at a time, but the flange seems to cover most of the boob...  do I massage the other side??

up tp 1.5 ounces!!  come on righty - finish this off so I can go home!

Picture3-3.jpg

• imagegumiberg:

imagebethCT:

take an old sports bra and cut holes where your nipples are...place the flanges in the holes and you have a hands free pumping bra.  works like a charm and you wont believe how much additional milk you will be able to express. 

nope, still clueless.  Yes, I am that dense here.  With the flange on, how do I masasage the boob?  Seriously, talk to me like I am 4 here.

Thanks!  (hangs head in shame)

Picture3-3.jpg

• Yeah, this is not happening :(  Oh well, I got **almost** 7 on the day.  DD will be fine with 6.5 ounces at day care one day.
    But please still share the massage tip!!
    Thanks ladies!

Picture3-3.jpg

• Girlfriend, you must have small boobs if the flange covers most of the boob (said with affection and not as an insult)!  I thought mine were small, but I still have room to get a thumb on top and fingers below to squeeze, squeeze, squeeze a little more milk out ... rotate the hand around the boob doing the squeezing motion.
  • imagebethCT:
    imagegumiberg:

imagebethCT:

nope, still clueless.  Yes, I am that dense here.  With the flange on, how do I masasage the boob?  Seriously, talk to me like I am 4 here.

Thanks!  (hangs head in shame)

the flange covers the WHOLE breast?!  I massage the top, bottom and sides of my boobs...

my boobs are pretty big but i dont think abnormally so? LOL

• https://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/MaxProduction.html

FWIW- I never use a pumping bra and I always do compressions.

Once the suction has your breast, rest the bottles on your legs and massage away! : )

• imageSharra711:

WOW!  what an excellent video!  Thanks for sharing!!

• what kind of pump are you using?

when im stressed out or feel hurried it really slows my milk pumping. i get the most milk when im relaxed, i think the morning is best. also have a warm cup of tea to help with let down, make sure your warm, massaging helps too. dont get too worked up, it only makes it worse and you will start to feel bummed out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"