Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone terrified of getting pregnant again?

After my c-section and pre-e I have decided there is no way I am getting pregnant again.  When it's time to have another child, we have decided looking into adoption.

I am terrified of getting pregnant again.  I would never terminate if I did get pregnant, but it would be a very stressful situation.

Anyone else feel like this or are you open to getting pregnant again? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone terrified of getting pregnant again?

• I can't wait! But I didn't have a lot of serious problems.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I want another child but I dont want to try probably until my dd is a year old or the beginning of next summer.  I get worried now though because I still feel uncomfortable where my incision is and Im terrified I will get pregnant too soon.  I can't imagine my stomach stretching again this soon :)
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • anytime soon, yes, ever again, no.

• Absolutely terrified. PPD has scared the bejeebus out of me. If I get pregnant I'll just deal with it though. I'm having (protected) sex so I know it is always a possibility.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • I felt the same way at first, there was no way I would even think about it.  Now, I'm willing to allow myself think about it and will do it again, but I definitely want to wait at least 2 years. 

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm pretty terrified too but I have gotten more used to the idea. Before being pregnant I thought I wanted 3 or 4 kids. After a difficult pregnancy and horrible birth experience I told my DH I was done having children! 3 months later I wouldn't say I have forgotten the pain, but I see more how much it was worth it and will go through it again in a few years. I understand how you're feeling and I come from a family with adoptions and I think it's a great thing to do!?
  • I am terrified too... I don't want to get pg for about 3 years.
  • Nope. Can't wait!! If I had some help I'd do it again NOW.

=)

• I want to do it again and I had a complicated delivery.  Not anytime soon for sure.  Give yourself a few weeks to recover and maybe you will change your mind! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAMYfromKY:

After my c-section and pre-e I have decided there is no way I am getting pregnant again.  When it's time to have another child, we have decided looking into adoption.

I am terrified of getting pregnant again.  I would never terminate if I did get pregnant, but it would be a very stressful situation.

Anyone else feel like this or are you open to getting pregnant again? 

I feel the same way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • please, you are only 2 weeks PP! I'm just now starting to feel like I wouldn't totally die if I had another kid at some point. And the risk of Pre-E goes down with 2nd pgs. You don't have to decide anything any time soon! Wait a year atleast and see how you feel then!

I still want 1 more but in like 2+ years. 

• nope!  I could be pregnant 25 more times.  I am just concerned that the next time won't go as smooth and be as easy, but I can't wait to find out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• We'll be waiting awhile, but I definitely want to do it again. I had a great pregnancy and birth though, I can understand why you're feeling you don't want to do it again.
    Photobucket
  • Yes, even though I had a great pregnancy and a textbook delivery. I'm scared to have sex! Honestly I would secretly LOVE to get pregnant again right away....its financial reasons that are making us wait to TTC #2.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had pre-term labor that resulted in a hospital stay and a little bit of bedrest but I can't wait to get pregnant again...like tomorrow...lol
  • Yup.. I'm sure I will feel differently in 2-3 years but right now, I'm not sure I want to carry another child or just adopt.  I'm definitely leaning towards adoption at this point.
  • I fell the same way. When DD was a week old I told DH that I want 4 more. Then I ask if we could start trying when she's a year old.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My pregnancy wasn't the easiest (bad morning sickness, bad swelling, major stress about something going wrong), labor was ok (no complications) but really painful when my epi was wearing off... however I can't imagine not doing it again at least once, maybe twice.
  • imagesugrfrejaz:

please, you are only 2 weeks PP! I'm just now starting to feel like I wouldn't totally die if I had another kid at some point. And the risk of Pre-E goes down with 2nd pgs. You don't have to decide anything any time soon! Wait a year atleast and see how you feel then!

Ditto this exactly. I had pre-e and an emergency c/s where I had to be put under general anesthesia b/c my blood wasn't clotting. So I had my share of complications. At 2 weeks pp there was no way I was thinking of having another kid. You're just so hormonal and still recovering from what you went through. But, a couple of weeks ago I started missing being pregnant and thinking how great it would be to do it all again!

We need to wait at least a little while b/c I'm finishing up my PhD. And there's no way to do that with 2 babies. But once I'm finished an in a job situation, we will be back on the baby bandwagon. :)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER want to be pregnant again. EVER! And I had lots of problems so that's probably why.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemargeincharge2:
    imagesugrfrejaz:

please, you are only 2 weeks PP! I'm just now starting to feel like I wouldn't totally die if I had another kid at some point. And the risk of Pre-E goes down with 2nd pgs. You don't have to decide anything any time soon! Wait a year atleast and see how you feel then!

Ditto this exactly. I had pre-e and an emergency c/s where I had to be put under general anesthesia b/c my blood wasn't clotting. So I had my share of complications. At 2 weeks pp there was no way I was thinking of having another kid. You're just so hormonal and still recovering from what you went through. But, a couple of weeks ago I started missing being pregnant and thinking how great it would be to do it all again!

We need to wait at least a little while b/c I'm finishing up my PhD. And there's no way to do that with 2 babies. But once I'm finished an in a job situation, we will be back on the baby bandwagon. :)

I hope you both are right...but at this point I don't see it happening.  I am just thankful DH is so open to adoption because I do want at least one more LO and it's nice knowing I can do that even if I don't get pregnant again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would be scared if we got pregnant right now only because I have already had 2 c-sections, each due to Pre-E. Baby 1 was born at 38w and baby 2 was born at 35w5d...are we noticing a downward trend here?

My Dr. advised me to wait at least a year to insure that my uterus is strong enough to carry a baby to term and to give me time to get some weight off because women who are over weight have a highter occurance of pre-e.

Other then that, I could get pregnant right now and not worry about it at all.

I had a dream last night that I was pregnant and it was a boy! After having 2 girls, we have to try one more time to get that boy but it just cant be right now.

• I too had a c-section due to pre-e. The only part I dread re-living is the epidural. My anesthesiologist did it wrong the first time and I had the worst pain shoot down the right side of my back and leg. I sucked at being pregnant, I complained a lot lol
  • God yes!! I just dont know if I'm emotionally ready to get on that roller coaster ride just yet again.  At the moment I feel like I need at least 2yrs before getting pregnant.  My pregnancy was easy for the most part, but toward the end that all changed. Plus it has been a little hard since our families are so far away, we have no one to help us out...except for when they visit. 
    Me: 36  DH: 37
    DD1: 9  DD2: 6
    Due date Aug 3, 2019
  •  I had a rough pregnancy and then a really rough delivery.  (Although I was able to go vaginal even though we cut it really close)  For the first two weeks, I cried everytime I thought about the delivery room.  Now not as much.  I think it gets easier every day.  Give yourself some time to heal.  People keep saying (promising) every pregnancy is different.  Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yup, the thought sends chills down my spine. I got REALLY sick after LO, I had an infected uterus that turned into Sepsis and ended up in the hospital for a week two weeks after Avery was born. Not to mention 36 hours of labor. I want another baby (I think, some days I don't) but the process of L&D scares the crap out of me. Definitely waiting at least 2 years though.
  • Just terrified to get pg again soon. I had GD so that wasn't fun but otherwise the pg was good. I'm also afraid of juggling two kids or chasing after one while pg with the other. 
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • Aside from the terrible acne and morning sickness, I'm open to getting pregnant again. We'll probably start trying as soon as the doc says ok

• I'm terrified of getting pregnant again before I am ready for another one.  Right now I am definitely not ready. 
  • While I had a great pregnancy and birth (not so great aftermath with DD needing surgery at 5 days old and 17 days in NICU), I would like to be pregnant by next fall.  Mainly because I'll be almost 35 at that time and I want the second before I get any older.  As for right now, I'm terrified because timing right now would be bad!
  • Oh, I thought you meant NOW. I am terrified of getting pregnant right away!

I do want another child in the future though. I am not sure how I will manage a toddler and another difficult pregnancy but I'll figure it out.

• I loved being pregnant but I think it's only fair to have each child get individual time with their parent(s). We're going to wait until she's 2. BTW how rude is it when people ask how many children you want to have while your still pregnant? I always answered that we wanted to enjoy the child I was carrying before planning the next one. 
  • If I get pregnant, someone will have to keep me from jumping in front of a semi.
  •  I have mixed feelings, I had a complicated pregnancy & am really scared of getting pregnant again and the dealing with the sleep deprevation again scares me even more. I have mentioned adoption but I am sure I will just end up getting pregnant again (one day far far away!)
  • My pregnancy was greatr untill time to give birth.My pelvic bones are too small for a vaginal delivery, I fell off the labor curve at a 6 and had to have a c-section. I wanted to try for a boy in a few years but decided that she's all my body could bear having. I had a tubal ligation after my c-section.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"