2nd Trimester

My furbaby needs surgery :(

We found out yesterday that my furbaby needs to have surgery on Monday to remove a tumor in her anal gland. The vet says it's very common, but I am terrified! I love my doggie soooo much, and I don't want anything to happen to her. My mom keeps saying, "You can't worry about Cassie (my dog) you have you and the baby to worry about." I know this is true, but Cassie is my baby too! I've had her for 9 years, and she's been through so much with me. OK, stressing online over.

Re: My furbaby needs surgery :(

• Oh no :(  It is such an awful feeling when your pets are under the weather.  If it were me I would be very upset too!  I will send healthy pet (and healthy baby) thoughts your way!  Good Luck!!!
  • Your DVM is right, it's pretty common.  Thankfully, it's not a truly invasive surgery, compared to chest or abdominal surgey.  Then again, this comes from an ER Vet Nurse, so I look at things differently.

I wish her a speedy recovery!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagek.martell:

Your DVM is right, it's pretty common.  Thankfully, it's not a truly invasive surgery, compared to chest or abdominal surgey.  Then again, this comes from an ER Vet Nurse, so I look at things differently.

I wish her a speedy recovery!

That is good to know! Thank you!

• Oh no! I'm sorry. We're going through something with my furbaby too...it's still hard even though they're animals.
  • My dog had a similar surgery so its gonna be ok! Poor little puppy though Sad Make sure your furbaby gets a cone so they don't try to lick the spot and keep it from not healing.
  • Furbabies need love too!!! My mom keeps telling me I have to put mine out when the baby gets here, but I don't think I can:( I 've had her since she was only 5 weeks old! Plus she's started having seizures that we can't explain:( Good Luck!
  • I don't think it is fair for your mom to discount your furbaby like that! I know when mine just sleeps more than usual, I worry myself sick about her. I hate it when people don't realize that it is totally realistic to love your furbaby as much as you love people or even your own baby. I think that everyone (including my furbaby) is just as deserving of the best care and love as anyone else and I would do anything for either of them! It is very possible to love them equally!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"