3rd Trimester

Anyone else still working at 38+ weeks?

I'll be 39 weeks on Monday and I'll be working until this boy pops out.  My coworkers think I'm amazing. LOL!

Re: Anyone else still working at 38+ weeks?

• I hope I will be!!!!

Way to go!  Yes

IMG_3932
  • well...I'm "at" work....lol  I guess that counts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • hey wow ur due the day before me! i'm working sometimes lol, my job means standing on my feet for 8 hours with minimal sit breaks. my boss is very easy going and said if i feel like coming in i can, if not thats cool too. so i'm trying to work at least 2 days out of the 4 i usually work a week, just so that i can still get the most of my maternity leave. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me, I'm working up until the end.  Although I've been very uncomfortable for the past few days so my boss said I can work from home if I need to.  I plan on taking her up on the offer a few days next week!
  • Yes, although I'm taking a half-day today due to nothing more than being in a bad mood!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I plan to be, my replacement doesn't start until I'm 39 weeks!
  • I plan on it too.  I did it with my first daughter as well.  Funny you say that because one of my coworkers was so shocked yesterday when I told her how long I was working!  LOL
    BFP #1 3/99. DD born 12/24/99 BFP#2 8/2008. Missed miscarriage found at 11 weeks, Emergency D&C 10/31/08 BFP #3 1/29/09 Natural miscarriage 2/14 BFP#4 4/24 DD born 12/14/09 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I worked until 38w3d.  It has been nice to have this time off to relax.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Planning on working until day before my EDD... we will see if I last. For sure working all next week - which takes me to 39 weeks - unless this kid comes early.

• imagecarimeli:
    well...I'm "at" work....lol  I guess that counts.

I have to agree with this...:) 

• Next week is my last week.  I was going to work until the end but it's getting pretty tough physically.  Plus I think it'll be nice to have a week or more of nothing to do but relax.
  • I'm still working, but I was given work from home privileges starting this past Monday, which has been simply wonderful.  Even if my boss didn't give me WAH, I would've continued to work up until the end, but I'm sure it would be really difficult! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I worked up until the day before DS was born.  Hopefully I can do the same this time around!
  • i am planning one more week in the office, and then wfh the week of my due date...until the little guy arrives
  • I hope I can work until he comes but am just taking it as it comes.
  • I have to work until I'm in labor, unless I want to use my personal leave (vacation) time.  No, thanks!  There is no other option in the military, and their version of "reduced" hours is eight hours a day. (I still worked 11 hours with no break on Wednesday.)
  • If I had it my way I would not still be working...I asked for some leave but we're short manned, so my boss and I compromised so I'm working short days.  But I'd rather not have to be somewhere in the morning after not sleeping...Even on half days I don't get much done at home because I end up taking naps. 
  • I'm still at work.  I plan on sticking around until at least my due date.  I have a feeling that I will be late so I plan on taking vacation time from my due date until our little guy arrives. 

To be honest, I feel fine and Id rather be getting paid and have my time off when the baby comes then sit at home and stress!

• Today's my due date and I'm working.  I'm not "sick" so I don't think I should be taking sick leave.  Also, sitting on the sofa bored is not my idea of how I want to use my vacation days.

I wish people who think I should be at home relaxing would donate some of their leave to me...or just go away and stop commenting.

• I'm at work every day Wink

I plan to work until 3 days past my due date...next Friday, unless by some miracle he decides to come before then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DSC_0153_edited-1 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm working til he is out!
  • My plan is to work up to the week I'm due.  My boss keeps reminding me though that I can plan all I want, the baby has its own schedule.
  • Assuming everything goes to plan, I will be working until I give birth. 
  • I will be 40 weeks tomorrow and im still working.............its been ok this last week has just been annoying!
  • I'm working but thankfully my co-workers and partner have been very good about letting me "slack" a little on my hours. I'm technically working from home today but contractions (completely not timetable) have me distracted.
  • as with my first, i'm working until the day i go into labor.  i'm also still exercising 6 days a week- jogging, kickboxing, etc...baby just might fall out!
  • Yep, still teaching. I have a feeling I will be here next week too~
  • WOW!! you guys are real troopers!!

I'm stopping at 38 weeks just because I have to commute 2 hrs a day and just can't be bothered anymore. I'd rather get some sleep :-)

• imageC-Charm:
    Today's my due date and I'm working.  I'm not "sick" so I don't think I should be taking sick leave.  Also, sitting on the sofa bored is not my idea of how I want to use my vacation days.

I wish people who think I should be at home relaxing would donate some of their leave to me...or just go away and stop commenting.

I'm also due today and still at work.  I sit most of the day, so I can't complain too much.  I'd rather not waste my leave and vacation time now - I'd rather spend it with my baby.  I'm SO sick of the "you're still here" comments.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"