1st Trimester

lack of activity due to Nausea

I ran a few miles a week and used weights before I became PG. Since I became pregnant I had nausea. It has gone away (I HOPE) and was wondering if people resumed their workout when they felt better??

Re: lack of activity due to Nausea

• I would think you could.  Maybe just slowly start back into it though.  I wouldnt go right back to the way you were before
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday   tickers image image "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
  • I am in the same boat.   By the time this nausea passes at 12 weeks (fingers crossed), it will have been almost 6 weeks since I felt like going for a run.   Even without being pregnant that is enough time to lose strength and stamina. 

With both my pregnancies I was told to keep my HR under 125 bpm, so that means running is out for me anyway.  I will have to settle for walking hills or the elliptical trainer.     I've really noticed an decreased lung capacity with this pregnancy so I'm not sure I could handle it anyway. 

If someone has been able to get back to running I would love to hear about it too.   That would be so encouraging.   

• Loading the player...
  • I plan to. Just start off a little easier than usual and listen to your body.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"