3rd Trimester

How do you sleep at night?

Tylenol PM makes me have these outrageous dreams...so I stopped taking it when I could not get any sleep.

Now sleep seems almost impossible, and I havent slept through the night in almost a month....

How is everyone getting shut eye, if you get any at all...??

How does straight benadryl work? 

Also, what postions are you sleeping in, and where?...I had to sleep propped up on the couch last night....:::sigh:::: 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do you sleep at night?

• turning over is such a chore that the whole process totally wakes me up and i cannot fall back asleep for like an hour - once I'm awake my mind won't stop running....I really wish we had a king size bed!!!  :(
  • I've had no more than 6 hours of sleep in the last two nights (combined).  Between acid reflux, being uncomfortable, DH snoring and having my LO's feet squishing my lungs, sleep has been near impossible.

I haven't taken anything to help me sleep though - I find I can only sleep for 2-3 hours after taking drugs to help anyway.

Sucks :(

• Loading the player...
  • im sleeping pretty well. waking up once or twice to pee, but thats it. i use a regular body pillow that i straddle with my legs, sleeping on my side. i use a memory foam pillow and a regular pillow to prop my head up a little since i get heartburn. sometimes ill flip sides during the night if one hip starts to get sore. it works for me!
  • I like straight benadryl ... a lot! Tylenol PM is good only when I haev a really bad backache or rough BH contrax.

As far as positions, I sleep on my side with a pillow between the legs, one under the belly, and one shoved up into the small of my back. It's a pain when I have to flip over, but oh, so comfortable!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I sleep with about 10 pillows (no lie) that prop me up on the bed.  It makes it feel as if I'm sleeping on the sofa.  I have some pretty bad insomnia these days , so I'm awake at night and sleep during the day.   I haven't taken anything yet, but will give into tylenol pm if it doesn't get better.
  • I've been pretty lucky about sleeping lately. I don't take any drugs (I'm not a fan) to get to sleep and I only get up about twice a night. And I usually sleep on my side(s). I've made it a habit since sleeping on my back or belly just doesn't work anymore. I have a humidifer running all night to help prevent my mouth getting dry. And I sleep with two pillows under my head and cuddle with another large pillow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't take any sleep medications since I would be taking it every night.  I don't sleep well... constantly changing positions and getting up every hour to pee, but I guess that's just the way it's going to go until December. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IUI #1~BFP!!! Beta #1~13dpo 100 Beta #2~15dpo 216 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh you poor thing. 

I've been blessed to be sleeping so well.  When I was sleeping with a pillow between my legs I found I woke up every time  I needed to turn over.  I stopped that I just started sleeping with pj pants on even when it was 95 degrees here (I had a fan faced on me) and sleep well that way.  Of course I get up once or twice each night to use the bathroom but I think that's normal and doesn't bother me.  I sleep on both of my sides throughout the night and in my bed.  At about 22 weeks we did go out and buy a bigger bed, I didn't fit in the previous one comfortably anymore and we bought the most firm one that we could find.  The softer ones were too difficult to get in/out of and to turn over in.

• On desperate nights, two Benedryl is a blessing.
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! An
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! Ans
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of that
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of that sleeping
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of that sleeping on my
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of that sleeping on
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of that sleeping on my left
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of that sleeping on my left side is
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of that sleeping on my left side is making my
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of that sleeping on my left side is making
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of that sleeping on my left side is making my side go
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of that sleeping on my left side is making my side
  • I am lucky if i get one hour me and my husband go to sleep around 11 depending when he comes back but while he falls alseep trying to make me sleep i am lying awake on my iphone on the bump answering questions and i dont fall asleep till 4 and his alarm goes off at 5!! And on top of that sleeping on my left side is making my side go numb..
  • I'm sleeping terrible nowadays.  Benadryl works for me, but I try not to make a habit out of it.  When I don't take Benadryl, I maybe get 4 or 5 hours of sleep intermittently.  Sleeping on the couch helps, so I can't roll over onto my back.  Good luck!
  • With a pillow between my legs and another wedged up against my back.

What usually wakes me up is being too hot. I have to ask DH to roll over away from me so I can cool down :) Or having to pee.

Rolling over sucks, it always hurts my lower back/pelvis. 

• I have been sleeping in the guest bedroom the past 5 nights....I hate it becuase my DH is in the other room but, The Guest bed is more comfortable right now to me than my own bed.  Also, my husband gets to sleep without me waking him up every 5 min tossing and turning.  I get the whole bed to myself, and I am not waking up as much becuase I am hot...(because My DH heater) is not in the bed.  I use a regular body pillow and lay on my side and straddle that, it seems to help alot, I also use the body pillow to support my belly.  I still am waking up due to peeing, and Acid reflux, and just being uncomfortable, but not as much....its working for me at the moment.
  • I don't. Sorry! Last pregnancy I remember waking up extremely early every morning, like 4am, but that was after sleeping most of the night. Granted, I had a pre-existing bladder condition so getting up to pee 5 or 6 times a night was normal pre-PG.

This time, I've been taking Tylenol PM or Benadryl sometimes but it doesn't help any more. I get up to pee every 20 minutes most of the time. TWENTY MINUTES. That is not a lie. I might sleep one straight hour. 

Honestly, I am very doubtful that your dreams are due to Tylenol PM. Pregnancy dreams are just crazy due to hormones that cause you to sleep more deeply. If it works for you, I'd take it.

I'm trying an Ambien tonight to just try and break the cycle of sleeplessness. It's hard to take care of a 3-year-old with no sleep.

• I take unisom or bendryl a few nights a week because I have had terrible pregnancy insomnia. It works well, but I still will wake up a few times to pee, and change positions, etc. The only diffrerence is that I am able to fall back to sleep when I take something, which is nice. 
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • I am also having issues sleeping.  I have such bad heartburn when I wake up and it such a chore to roll over any more.  I have been getting up 3-4 times a night to pee now and normally 1-2 of those times I can't fall back asleep.  I sleep on my side with a pillow under my belly and one between my legs.  It kills my hernia in my groin also to roll over each time feels like my insides are being ripped out so I don't even look forward to going to bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"