3rd Trimester

Hmm... BIG?

At my growth u/s baby was weighing in at 3lbs. 9 oz measuring 30w6d-31w0d.....I was only 29w5d at time of the u/s. Should i be worried? I've already asked the doc and she said it's fine, the u/s can often be off a few weeks.

My only conern is that i'm also having to be tested for GD? Could that be a possible reason my baby is "on the bigger side"

Re: Hmm... BIG?

• This doesn't sound all that big considering the u/s is just an estimate. I wouldn't be concerned since you asked the doctor and they weren't concerned. As for GD, you'll know after your test if that is an issue. My baby was estimated at 5lbs 1oz at 31wks 5 days and I don't have GD. 
  • It's pretty standard for everyone to be tested for GD - GD does cause big babies but I don't think it would affect your baby this early on - could be wrong about that, but that's my understanding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • my baby is larger as well  she was estimated about the same as yours, and my doctor told me everything was fine, that they would just keep an eye out.  plus the weight is not an exact science...and i dont have GD
  • I wouldn't be freaking out just yet.  You would be getting tested for GD anyway, it just happens to be at the same time.  Everything will be just fine.  GL
  • imagepdljump21:
    I wouldn't be freaking out just yet.  You would be getting tested for GD anyway, it just happens to be at the same time.  Everything will be just fine.  GL

I've already been tested... well i failed the 1 hour test, and did the 3 hour test the day after the u/s... i guess i'll just have to wait and see what happens. Strange thing is i haven't gained much weight... only 3lbs thru out the whole preg. ?

idk... thanks for the inputs! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"