Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

NTR: I want my Mommy.

For those of you who don't live close to your families -- do you ever just want to run home and let your mom take care of you, even just for a couple of hours?  I know we're supposed to be grown-ups and I probably sound like a complete idiot, but I could really use a hug and a big plate of my mom's pot roast with veggies right about now. Embarrassed

Re: NTR: I want my Mommy.

• Oh, I totally have those moments. ?DH works eleven hundred hours a week and it's just DS and I most the time. ?Now that I'm pregnant and exhausted there are definitely days where I want my mommy to come take care of me.

You don't sound like an idiot. ??

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah I'm totally jealous of my brother and his family who get to have dinner with them (ETA: meaning my parents) once a week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have those moments too.  My mom is retired, and I stay at home, and it's just so unfair that we're so far away from each other.  We talk on Skype all the time, but it's just not the same as getting a hug from her.

And now I've made myself cry!

• imageolivia_eve:

I have those moments too.  My mom is retired, and I stay at home, and it's just so unfair that we're so far away from each other.  We talk on Skype all the time, but it's just not the same as getting a hug from her.

And now I've made myself cry!

I'm sorry!  I was afraid this post might do that to people, but I needed to let it outSad

• I do get that feeling every now and then that I wish I could just have a really good conversation with my mom about anything, but I can't. My mom is really not mom material. Never has been and never will be. I really envy those that have that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I live 10 minutes away from my parents and I feel this was often. You don't sound like an idiot at all! We all need our mommies no matter how old we are.
  • imageLucky_Dragonfly:
    I do get that feeling every now and then that I wish I could just have a really good conversation with my mom about anything, but I can't. My mom is really not mom material. Never has been and never will be. I really envy those that have that.

Zombie hugz Left HugRight Hug.  I always forget how lucky I am to have a mom I can talk to and lean on.  Everyone deserves to have someone like that in their lives.

• imagemlf625:

Oh, I totally have those moments.  DH works eleven hundred hours a week and it's just DS and I most the time.  Now that I'm pregnant and exhausted there are definitely days where I want my mommy to come take care of me.

You don't sound like an idiot.   

ditto x 1000%. 

• I'm actually really glad you posted this! We have always lived mintues from my mom.  We just moved 4 hours away from her 3 weeks ago.  I miss her so bad! I'm glad I'm not the only one who still needs her mommy!

(and isn't it nice to think our LO's will feel this way about us one day!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"