Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

NTR: anyone from of live in NC?

We are going to be moving to Chapel Hill in June for a year.  So we are going to try and rent a house or spacious apt. that allows pets.  Any tips or suggestions on the area?  Thanks for any advice you might have about anything:)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NTR: anyone from of live in NC?

• We live in Durham! I'm not sure what your agenda is or if you're completely set on Chapel Hill...but it's a great little town! (Obviously it's a college town so you'll have the aspect, but it's really cute!)

I really don't know a ton about Chapel Hill but, It's on the more expensive side in terms of COL for the area. Are you set on "Chapel Hill" or are you willing to look at surrounding areas as well?

Like I said, I'm no expert on CH exactly (at all...) but Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh are all considered "The Triangle" lots of great little places to live! 

GL!

• imageabrtpk1:

We live in Durham! I'm not sure what your agenda is or if you're completely set on Chapel Hill...but it's a great little town! (Obviously it's a college town so you'll have the aspect, but it's really cute!)

I really don't know a ton about Chapel Hill but, It's on the more expensive side in terms of COL for the area. Are you set on "Chapel Hill" or are you willing to look at surrounding areas as well?

Like I said, I'm no expert on CH exactly (at all...) but Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh are all considered "The Triangle" lots of great little places to live! 

GL!

My husband will be working at UNC Hospital (not sure if that is the exact name or not).  So we would want to live as close to that as possible.  It's just for a year, that's why we need to rent something.  So we are just now starting to think about how we will go about looking for some place when we live in the midwest now.  So I just thought I'd see if anyone on here knew of any areas that you can rent in that are still family friendly.  How far is Durham?  THanks! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Durham is fairly close to Chapel Hill (10-20 mins) depending on where you're coming from.

The Southpoint area of Durham is very nice (great location nice shopping) and would be a quick drive to Chapel Hill (easy access to I40, etc) But there are also a number of really great apts complexes. off of 15-501 in Durham which is also VERY close to CH. 15-501 takes you right in to chapel hill.

Carborro is another area you may want to consider as well. 

Here are a few apt. links: 

https://www.southpointvillage.net/
    https://www.mynewplace.com/apartment/lenox-at-patterson-place-durham-nc-10q209510635
    https://durham-northcarolina.olx.com/houses-apartments-for-rent-cat-363-p-2

It can be pretty overwhelming considering there are so many schools nearby. There are a TON of places to live. I would focus on Southpoint, 15-501, and Chapel Hill/Carborro for your search. Hopefully, the links will help a little!

• I am from Raleigh originally and lived in the Raleigh/Cary area. 

Chapel Hill is a great town but def. a college town and a bit more expensive.

• Thanks so much for your help and suggestions! 
  • I grew up in Raleigh and just moved to VA 2 weeks ago!  Yeah I would check out Durham, Cary, Apex, Hillsborough, all the surrounding areas as well.  The commute wouldn't be too bad. (just avoid the RTP area) You'll love Chapel Hill! It's really pretty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"