Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Anyone's DC have slightly blue lips all of a sudden?

DS's lips have taken on a slightly blue tinge the last few days.  I'm not sure if it's the changing weather (we have not turned on the heat yet, it gets cold at night but during the day it still approaches 70).  His hands are also cold.  Other than lips & hands, he doesn't seem bothered - he won't stay under the blanket when we cuddle for reading time, for example.  WDYT? 

Obviously I'm going to put more layers on him when we're just hanging out inside, but I'm wondering if it's something I should take him in to the pedi for.  He did have a small heart murmur diagnosed when he was ~3 months old that the pediatric cardiologist declared harmless.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012

Re: Anyone's DC have slightly blue lips all of a sudden?

• DD doesn't have this, but I don't think it would hurt to call the pedi to see what they think.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our pedi always said to watch for that as a warning sign of lack of oxygen, during colds etc. I might be a nervous mom, but I'd call the pedi and ask.

• Loading the player...
  • I would prob call the pedi too...
    BabyFetus Ticker 10/2010-Missed M/C at 12weeks. Baby was 8-9weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Christmas card photo2012_edited-1
  • I would call the pedi.  blue around the lips and cold hands/feed etc usually indicate cardiac issues, and you did mention a murmur when he was younger.  Not to be dramatic, but I would check ASAP
  • Gah, you people are supposed to tell me I'm being a dramatic wolf-crier, not sway me the other way.  Hmph.  Guess I will call the pedi tomorrow since these things always seem to occur to me 20 minutes after the office closes.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • Please call tonight!  And watch your child closely -- blue lips is not a wait and see thing.
  • I would just call and see what the pedi or the nurses think. It could be poor circulation, which I'm not sure if there is anything they can do for this?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagefutrkingsley:
    Please call tonight!  And watch your child closely -- blue lips is not a wait and see thing.

THIS! Please don't wait! 

• i wouldn't wait. i'd call now, even though the office is closed. have the answering service get a message to your pedi.
  • I agree.  Call the answering service tonight. 
  • is he congested? he may not be getting enough oxygen.
  • imageCaliflorida:
    i wouldn't wait. i'd call now, even though the office is closed. have the answering service get a message to your pedi.

ditto.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"