Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

PDA in front of DC?

Re: PDA in front of DC?

• Loading the player...
  • We hug and kiss in front of him.  We don't make out all crazy or anything.  The funny thing is, when we kiss and hug in front of him, he gets jealous and wants in on some love!  It's pretty cute.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • YES!  YES!

My parents always kissed/hugged/showed affection in front of me.  As much as it grossed me out, I secretly always appreciated it, cause at least I knew they loved eachother.

Rylee gets kinda jealous when I hug DH... always tries to get inbetween... so cute. 

Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
  • yes.  although he wants to be in on the hugs :)
  • absolutely. no tounge though. already learned our lesson.... dd tried tounge kissing another baby. lol..
  • Yes, within reason. It's healthy and important for kids to see love and affection between their parents.

• G-rated smoochies, yes.  I think it's good for DD to see that Mommy and Daddy love each other and show it.  Make-out session with grabby hands everywhere, heck no!
  • Yes
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageaforst:
    We hug and kiss in front of him.  We don't make out all crazy or anything.  The funny thing is, when we kiss and hug in front of him, he gets jealous and wants in on some love!  It's pretty cute.

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, we hug and kiss in front of DD.  She almost always tries to get in on the action.  It's super cute. 
  • Yes.  And whenever we hug in front of her, she runs over to get in on a family hug.  It's so cute.
  • Why not?
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • imageMattsWifey<3:
    absolutely. no tounge though. already learned our lesson.... dd tried tounge kissing another baby. lol..

LOL  That is hysterical.  

• yes!!! set an example of a healthy, loving marriage :)
  • imageMattsWifey<3:
    absolutely. no tounge though. already learned our lesson.... dd tried tounge kissing another baby. lol..

Bwahahahaha!  DD still thinks kisses involve lunging at someone with her mouth wide open -- I can only imagine what she would do if she'd seen us French kissing!

• DS thinks it's hilarious when we kiss.  He starts cackling like an old man.  So cute.
  • Absolutely.

DH and I are very affectionate (hugging, kissing, cuddling, etc) in front of DS and he always wants to get in on the action. lol
    I like privacy. A lot.
  • We kiss and hug in front of our DD. I think it's healthy to see your parents showing affection towards each other. Now I am not groping him or anything--that no one wants to see. :-)
  • yes, but just kisses, hand holding, etc. 

i think it's important for children to know their parents love each other.  I still remember my parents dancing together in between washing dishes or cooking dinner growing up and I liked knowing that they enjoyed each otehr.

• Yes! DH hugged me when I left for work the other day. He was holding DS, so DS leaned in to hug us, too.
  • imageJ&A2008:
    Why not?

There are some Grade A prudes on this board.  You never know.

• Absolutely!  I actually think it's important to show that we care about one another when DS can see us.
  • Yes, definitely. Only my DD doesn't like it lol
  • yes all the time, ds always tries to get in on it, wanting hugs and kisses too.
  • imagelvisser:

YES!  YES!

My parents always kissed/hugged/showed affection in front of me.  As much as it grossed me out, I secretly always appreciated it, cause at least I knew they loved eachother.

When we kiss dd always does the sound of a kiss and comes in close to get in on the action haha

• Definitely. I think it's very healthy for a kid to see parents acting loving towards each other. C giggles when we kiss in front of her :)
  • yes, although he gets a little jealous and tries to get in between DH and I so he can have hugs and kisses too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • We hug and kiss in front of him and he loves it! Whenever we are next to each other, he smiles and laughs. It seems to make him really happy:)

• imagelisaroo:
    Definitely. I think it's very healthy for a kid to see parents acting loving towards each other. C giggles when we kiss in front of her :)

This is what Abigail does!

• yes, we keep PG rated of course... but I think it is healthy for her to see us expressing affection. And she always wants to come be a part of the cuddles, hugs and kisses. Kids learn about relationships most from watching their parents - so it doesn't make sense to me to provide a false representation in front of DD.
  • Yes. I think it's a good thing for kids to see their parents smooch. DS gets really jealous & DD gets embarassed:)
  • I grew up w/ it.  It was funny, and we'd act grossed out, but we knew our parents were affectionate/loving.

We do the same.  Kisses and hugs, and she runs up to be a part of it.  So we do group hugs and kisses and she loves it.

• I'd say yes.  In fact, DH and I specifically set out to hug and kiss in front of DS, nothing over the top.  I think it's important he knows we love each other, and hopefully seeing affection will make him affectionate, (which he is, he loves giving hugs and kisses).
    Proud mom to Jeremy (10/24/08) and Gabriel (4/25/11)
  • Of course! DS gets all excited! It cracks us up
  • As long as it's tactful, yes.  DH and I kiss (on the cheek or lips) in front of the kids all the time.
  • Of course!  DD likes for everyone to kiss.  If we're all sitting together she'll say, "Mama?  You kiss!" and point to DH's lips.  Then after I kiss him she'll say, "Baby kiss!" and point to her lips.  We end up going round and round trading kisses.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"