Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

so I'm not a religious person, but...

Well, I'm not religious but I am still thinking about the whole "meaning of life" thing---that is when I have the time for big mental questions!

But anyway, I ran across a Bible verse that prefaced a chapter heading in a (secular) fiction book I'm reading. It was Jeremiah 1:5: Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..." I had never read this before and I think it probably appeals to the pro-life crowd, but I guess I took it differently.

Chalk it up to pregnancy hormones maybe, but it made me cry thinking about Sawyer and that just maybe someone (other than DH and I) are looking out for our special boy and his wonderful future.

Has anyone heard of this verse? I was thinking it might be nice in calligraphy next to an u/s pic of DS. If only I were that crafty...

Re: so I'm not a religious person, but...

• yep...its one of my favorite verses :)
  • yes! Love it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • yep

i personally like jer. 29:11 :)

• I love that verse, it is one of my favorites. 

• never heard it, but I like it. 
    My Book BlogImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicA Lucy, a lost tube, two lost babies, and another on the way! image
  • That's a really good idea - next to a picture of the ultrasound!
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not familiar with that verse, but its beautiful.  Thank you for sharing!
  • image.DietDrPepper.:

yep

That one is nice too, BW. Man, God said all the good stuff to Jeremiah while poor Job just got shat on.

• image.DietDrPepper.:

yep

That is my favorite verse.  I got all crafty in college and wrote that bible verse out, each letter on a different sm. piece of paper.  I then ran it along part of our dorm wall. Sadly, they got lost in the move.

• This is actually what my DD's godmother gave me at our baby shower! It's a 5x7 double frame.  One side is my favorite ultrasound picture of DD and the other side is that verse! It's really pretty and something that is really precious to me! I say do it!
  • imagelpennie16:
    image.DietDrPepper.:

yep

That one is nice too, BW. Man, God said all the good stuff to Jeremiah while poor Job just got shat on.

LMFAO!!

I just laughed out loud for real. Poor Job. 

• imageJessMil10:
    image.DietDrPepper.:

yep

That is my favorite verse.  I got all crafty in college and wrote that bible verse out, each letter on a different sm. piece of paper.  I then ran it along part of our dorm wall. Sadly, they got lost in the move.

i wrote it on my bathroom mirror along with some song lyrics toward the end of senior year.

i really needed motivation... lol.

• It's a beautiful verse. There's a psalm I think you'll like too, lpennie. Here.

I know you aren't religious, and I think we've talked about this a bit before- but God is looking out for Sawyer, and He does have great plans for him. His big plans sometimes look different than the "big plans" we have for our kiddos though.

Thanks for posting this- I needed a reminder tonight.

• I love that Scripture passage and needed the encouragement tonight!  Thanks for posting this!
  • I am not religious either but seeing how my DS name is Jeremiah I LOVE that verse!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • I love both those verses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"