2nd Trimester

So THATS how the baby got in my belly...

We finally told the foster (to be adopted on Tuesday) children I am pregnant. Their ages are 4 (5 in Nov), 4 (5 in Feb), 3 (since August), and the youngest will be 3 on Oct 22. The two younger ones just really didn't care, I guess thats because for now its not exactly real to them, my belly isn't that big and we don't have baby stuff in the house yet. The two older ones wanted to throw a party. When I asked them how they think the baby got in my belly the oldest (a girl) raised her hand and said "I put it there!" and I said "You did? Why?" and she said "Because I want a new baby and I'm going to name it Zemo." Then the second oldest (a boy) said "No it wont be Zemo, its gunna be Popcorn". Long story short they agreed to name the baby Popcorn Zemo and its going to be a Super Hero...

For you women who've told young children of your pregnancy (current or a previous), do you have any funny stories?

Re: So THATS how the baby got in my belly...

• No stories here...but that is HILARIOUS!!! :)
  • My 4 year old DD was adament that we name our baby Okalala.  She actually had some of our family calling the baby that before we came up with a real name! 

Also, she asked me how the baby gets it's diapers changed when it's in my tummy and after I explained that the baby is not wearing diapers or clothes for that matter, she was appalled at the idea that I have a NAKED baby in my tummy, lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • My SKs are totally stoked. My SD (age 7) told me that she thinks the stork drops the baby off in my ear when I am sleeping and then gravity pulls it down to my belly. SS (age 5) asked how the baby came out. Me: Uhhhhhhhhhhh... Are you guys thirsty? How about a snack? Let's play a game... ::shuffles around and acts busy::

When I told my MIL my SD's theory on conception, MIL responds, "I'm glad she's wrong. I like the other way much better!" Hahahaha...?

• imagesusanlovestexas:

My 4 year old DD was adament that we name our baby Okalala.  She actually had some of our family calling the baby that before we came up with a real name! 

Also, she asked me how the baby gets it's diapers changed when it's in my tummy and after I explained that the baby is not wearing diapers or clothes for that matter, she was appalled at the idea that I have a NAKED baby in my tummy, lol.

Oooh, naked baby! LOL

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Connor (age 8) believes that a baby starts with a kiss. When I told him I was pregnant, he was thrilled. He has been asking for a sibling for years. So I asked if he knew where babies come from.

"Yep, when you and Jerry kiss it causes a bump on your spine. Then the bump gets bigger and it moves towards your belly where it grows into a heart. Next the heart grows into a baby and then you get fat. When you get so fat that your belly can't get any bigger then you go to the hospital where a doctor puts a pillow under your butt and you lay down on it. Your butt falls off but *he reassures me with a pat on the hand* it's ok because when the baby is out then the dr puts your butt back on."...he continues

"The baby is out and they hold it by the rope that is on it's belly (umbilical cord) and then they stick the baby in a plastic box that doesn't have a lid. When the baby is in the case they stick a blue and pink hat on the baby to make you guess whether you got a boy or a girl. The dr goes to a closet where they keep the boy/girl selections. If they have boys left then you get a boy. If they run out of boys then you take home a girl. If you don't want a girl then you can take home a puppy."

• imagelilbit923:

Connor (age 8) believes that a baby starts with a kiss. When I told him I was pregnant, he was thrilled. He has been asking for a sibling for years. So I asked if he knew where babies come from.

"Yep, when you and Jerry kiss it causes a bump on your spine. Then the bump gets bigger and it moves towards your belly where it grows into a heart. Next the heart grows into a baby and then you get fat. When you get so fat that your belly can't get any bigger then you go to the hospital where a doctor puts a pillow under your butt and you lay down on it. Your butt falls off but *he reassures me with a pat on the hand* it's ok because when the baby is out then the dr puts your butt back on."...he continues

"The baby is out and they hold it by the rope that is on it's belly (umbilical cord) and then they stick the baby in a plastic box that doesn't have a lid. When the baby is in the case they stick a blue and pink hat on the baby to make you guess whether you got a boy or a girl. The dr goes to a closet where they keep the boy/girl selections. If they have boys left then you get a boy. If they run out of boys then you take home a girl. If you don't want a girl then you can take home a puppy."

Oh.My.God. I love your son! LOL...can you even imagine having that creative of a thought process!?!

• imageashleyb0604:
    imagelilbit923:

Connor (age 8) believes that a baby starts with a kiss. When I told him I was pregnant, he was thrilled. He has been asking for a sibling for years. So I asked if he knew where babies come from.

Oh.My.God. I love your son! LOL...can you even imagine having that creative of a thought process!?!

He is inventive and can say all this with a straight face. This is an upgrade. For the longest time he thought babies came from Walmart.

He thought the 18 wheelers dropping off freight at the back of the store had babies in them because every woman who brought a basket through the front door must have gone around back to pick up their babies....which is why they all have one when they come through the front door. I wish I could just pick out a baby online and head over to Walmart and pick it up.

• too cute!

No stories of my own, but one of my coworkers is also expecting and she has a 2 year old. He keeps asking her what kind of clothes the baby is wearing in her belly. LOL! gotta love kids!

• imagelilbit923:

LOL That is just too funny.

• I love all these cute theories!

When I was little, I thought you got pregnant from kissing as well.

• DS is 4.  First he gloated that he knew it was a boy, he was right and he wins!  Then, he's decided that his little brother's name is Watermelon.
    Bianca image.
  • I have one from when SIL & BIL told my nieces...  

They asked the younger one (who is kinda a trouble-maker), "do you know what would have to happen for you to be a big sister?"

The older one raised her hand and said, "Ooooo I know! [Younger one's name] would have to start listening better!"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageBianca42:
    DS is 4.  First he gloated that he knew it was a boy, he was right and he wins!  Then, he's decided that his little brother's name is Watermelon.

i serioulsy just laughed out loud when i read the name he picked! That's pricess!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • All of these are great!

This is our first but I am a nanny and the 3yr old twins I nanny are pretty excited about the baby in my tummy as they call it. Well yesterday the girl asked so is the baby boy still in your tummy? I said yes and her brother chimes in with Its gonna hurt when his head comes out of your belly! I laughed so hard because he's right!

• I tried to explain to my 18 month old that there was a baby in my tummy.  She just went and got her baby doll and held it up to my tummy.  I wish I knew what she was thinking, but she can't say more about it than "baby."
  • my 4 year old daughter started out saying the baby is a boy, but now she is saying its a girl. lol we will find out on the 7th of this month...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"