3rd Trimester

Had my baby boy! (PsIP)

We went in Wednesday night (the 23rd) and my midwife started me on Cervadil overnight. The next morning I was dialated to 3 cm and 75% effaced. We started Pitocin at 9 am on Thursday and did a whole lot of "hurry up and wait." My midwife came in and checked me at 12:30 pm and I was dialated to 7 cm and 100% effaced. "We'll probably start pushing in an hour or two, so rest as much as you can," she said and left the room. I got my epidural soon after. 15 minutes later, my midwife comes in to check me again and says, "time to push!" I had dialated to 10 cm in 15 minutes!!

My DH came back into the room from getting lunch just in time to count and catch. I pushed for 7 minutes and my little guy came screaming into the world.

Atreyu Jaxson DeWitt weighed in at a whopping 10 pounds and was 22 1/2 inches long. And can you believe that we were doing growth ultrasounds a couple months ago? WOW!!!

He's eating every hour to hour and a half and is almost back up to his original birth weight (he's 9 lbs 11 oz today) and is an extremely happy baby. He loves to cuddle and curls up on your chest like a little frog. It's absolutly adorable!

We are overjoyed and fall in love with our little guy more and more each and every second of every day. Here's wishing all of you a happy remainder of your pregnancies, smooth deliveries and healthy babies!

imageimageimage

Re: Had my baby boy! (PsIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"