2nd Trimester

Can i Join you...i know its early..

Can i go ahead and join you ladies..its either move here early or leave the bump completly. I can no longer take the depression from the first tri board. To many ladies losing their little ones and its making me scared for the safety of my own.. I cant take it! So can i join you early? Embarrassed

Re: Can i Join you...i know its early..

• Not to make this any more depressing but there are losses on every board.

Some women have lost their babies at 31 weeks. You're not safe from that tragity just by moving to another board early as sad as that is.-

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

• Of course you can join 2nd early - welcom.

On another note - I want to warn you that women lose their little ones here in 2nd trimester too.  Sometimes these things happen and there is not much we can do about it.  Just enjoy your pregnancy and try not to worry too much. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't see why not... Smile

I've never even gone into 1st tri... I lurked the boards for a while and just started posting here at some point.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree. You just have to be realistic - losses happen at every stage. But I know what you mean, the 1st tri board is especially depressing. I couldn't wait to move over here. I'd say if you want to post here, feel free.

Hope you feel more encouraged soon! Think positive thoughts for your LO. :)

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • imageB!tchBeckman:

Not to make this any more depressing but there are losses on every board.

Some women have lost their babies at 31 weeks. You're not safe from that tragity just by moving to another board early as sad as that is.-

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

This exactly.

However, of course you can join us early. Welcome to the board.

• Welcome to 2nd tri. But the other girls are right. Women do lose their babies for all sorts of reasons. We hope that we do what we can during our pregnancies to prevent that from happening. Again, welcome.
  • I understand ladies...thank you so much for understanding!
  • imageGreenEyes05:
    Can i go ahead and join you ladies..its either move here early or leave the bump completly. I can no longer take the depression from the first tri board. To many ladies losing their little ones and its making me scared for the safety of my own.. I cant take it! So can i join you early? Embarrassed

Listen, I'm going to take the high road and say welcome to second trimester.  And I'm going to give you some advice. Do not post anything like you did on the 1st trimester over here. Losses happen at every stage. The later the loss, the greater the agony.  I know you are scared. We all are. But at this moment, you have a healthy baby inside of you. It is a gift that some women would kill for.

Good luck to you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGreenEyes05:

Okay, I'm going to be as nice as possible to you on this.  You need to understand that loss happens and by posting stuff like this (both this post and the 1st tri post) you are continuing the idea that miscarriages should not be discussed because they are too sad.  For women who have gone through it, the agony NEEDS to be discussed, we need to express what is going on and we NEED support from others to get through it.  There is still a stigma that surrounds it and by being an AW who has to tell everyone how depressing it is to you hearing about others losses, you are continuing that stigma.  Stop saying WHY you feel the need to move to 2nd tri, or leave the Bump.  If you don't like hearing about losses, leave.  Simple as that.  But if you stay, please don't say how much it depresses you, or worries you, or makes you fearful because us who have gone through it DON'T GIVE A SH*T if it makes you sad, because we've been through the hell first hand.

So please, please, please stop with the AW posts.  We get it, they make you sad.  SUCK IT UP.  Lend support when someone loses a baby and stop whining.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My honest opinion: if seeing posts about loss makes you worry excessively, you probably should not be on the bump. You will continue to see loss posts on 2nd and 3rd tri, only they are far more devastating than really early losses. I find them much harder to read than I did posts about early miscarriages.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh yes, the depression of hearing about someone having a miscarriage is absolutely devastating. It's almost as bad as actually losing your baby. 

GRRRRR. 

• imageOregonMama:

imageGreenEyes05:

Okay, I'm going to be as nice as possible to you on this.  You need to understand that loss happens and by posting stuff like this (both this post and the 1st tri post) you are continuing the idea that miscarriages should not be discussed because they are too sad.  For women who have gone through it, the agony NEEDS to be discussed, we need to express what is going on and we NEED support from others to get through it.  There is still a stigma that surrounds it and by being an AW who has to tell everyone how depressing it is to you hearing about others losses, you are continuing that stigma.  Stop saying WHY you feel the need to move to 2nd tri, or leave the Bump.  If you don't like hearing about losses, leave.  Simple as that.  But if you stay, please don't say how much it depresses you, or worries you, or makes you fearful because us who have gone through it DON'T GIVE A SH*T if it makes you sad, because we've been through the hell first hand.

So please, please, please stop with the AW posts.  We get it, they make you sad.  SUCK IT UP.  Lend support when someone loses a baby and stop whining.

M'kay, then.

I can understand both sides of the discussion here.  I don't open posts about m/c because they make me uncomfortable and no one is forcing me to read them.  I also quickly grew tired of the monotony of the 1st tri board and was ready to move to 2nd tri asap.

If you're uncomfortable with the m/c posts, then don't read them.  However, you shouldn't be cursed at for expressing completely normal fears.

• Then there are those of us who lost our newborns...losses can happen at any time.

Instead of running away, why don't you try and supporting your peers???

Mia Elizabeth 8/19-8/20/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"