3rd Trimester

Flu shot- Regular vs Thermasol free?

What is everyone doing.  I have called a few places and cannot find the thermasol free one.  If you got a thermasol free one how did you find it?

Re: Flu shot- Regular vs Thermasol free?

• I got the therm-free one.  I got it at Walgreens but not all Walgreens have it - I had to call around

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm getting the regular flu shot--it's still perfectly safe for pregnant women.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thimerisol-free vaccines are very difficult to get your hands on. You can call pharmacies, as another person suggested. And I don't believe for one second that a vaccine "containing trace amounts of mercury" is safe during pregnancy. If they don't know how safe it is or is not, don't take it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I got mine from my OB. I didn't ask if it was thimerosol free.
    2 girls and a dog
  • I got the regular one when I was pregnant.   The amount of mercury in a shot isn't a lot.   It's comparable to servings of fish........
  • Here's a short article by the CDC about thimerosal and vaccinations that might put your mind at ease.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/thimerosal.htm

• I got the regular shot, after my doctor assured me it was fine.
    "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB said the regular one is fine. Check with your OB to be sure they are ok with it, but our OB recommends the regular one every year and delivers lots of perfectly healthy babies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OK I cannot spell it anyway(:  Thimerosal.  I have called around and locate one that is Thimerosal free.  I know it is fine either way.  My OB said it was fine.  I just would rather one a with less (I know it still has trace amounts).  It is all personal preference.  I watch my seafood intake for mercury I do not see how that is any different.  So to make my self feel better I will go with the preservative free version.  Even if it is just a gimmick(:

Thanks for you input and suggestions.  It only took an hour and a half to locate one(: 

• I got the regular one, I don't eat seafood so I figured I have room to have some mercury :)
  • I got the thermasol free shot.  I didn't even know that I needed a different one and when I went to Walgreens they said we have the thermasol free shot too which is what you would need.  So I would call around to some Walgreens and see if they have it.

• I got mine at CVS, but I know they had a limited supply.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oiy... there is more mercury in a can of tuna fish than in the regular flu shot. I urge everyone to stop worrying about it! Nonetheless, if you can't find the PF (preservative free) flu shot then call a pediatric office and ask if they offer adult flu shots. Typically pediatric offices administer PF vaccines and several offer adult shots for about $30.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • imagefarrellashleigh:
    Oiy... there is more mercury in a can of tuna fish than in the regular flu shot. I urge everyone to stop worrying about it! Nonetheless, if you can't find the PF (preservative free) flu shot then call a pediatric office and ask if they offer adult flu shots. Typically pediatric offices administer PF vaccines and several offer adult shots for about $30.

I've avoided tuna while pregnant too Confused

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"