3rd Trimester

Waxing vs. Going Natural

I am 36 weeks along and trying to decide whether waxing or shaving in preparation for labor is a good idea or worth bothering about. Any thoughts?

Re: Waxing vs. Going Natural

• I'm going to shave. Don't need it looking like a jungle down there! Embarrassed

Lactavist.Intactivist.Co-Sleeping/Crib using.CDing/ECing.Babywearing.Attachment Parent.BLW. 'Crunchy' Mommy! Both boys' are on the spectrum. Life is busy, but great! Currently carrying my second surro babe. :]
  • I honestly don't see the point to this.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought a hand held mirror so I could keep shaving even though I cant see. Hair bugs me, so I could never go natural.
    Mom to 2 healthy boys, and a baby girl in Heaven. Heard her heartbeat on 7/18, heartbeat was gone on 7/20. Miss you forever.
  • I might trim it a bit in a few weeks but nothing major.   
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If I can't see it, I'm not shaving it, or waxing for that matter (plus I hear waxing hurts more when you're pg). I'm giving a slight trim and that's about it. I am however looking forward to my first waxing after the baby arrives.
  • Natural like normal. I do my bikini line in summer. Way too much irritation otherwise. I figure I am going to have enough ouchies.
    If you are used to waxing or shaving and it doesn't bother you go for whatever makes you happy.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been shaving and will continue.  I would not shave if you never have because it can be really irritating at first until your skin is used to the feel.  Waxing hurts more than ever right now - I get my eyebrows and lip - and I dread it everytime - lip much more than eyebrows.  If you are unsure I would do nothing or maybe some trimming.  Personally, I like nothing down there (year round), but that is just me!
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • i would stick with a neat trim if you really care that much.  you reallllllly don't want to deal with itchy stubble when you are a bloody healing mess.

and the last thing your dr, your nurses, or YOU will care about is the state of your pubic hair.

• Thank you ladies. This is really helpful. I didn't know waxing hurt more while pregnant. I am already going thru the pressure in my pelvic bone right about now, so it looks like I will forgo waxing. . . .don't need to add to the suffering.

I have been trimming so I will keep on doing that and then plan for a full shave as it gets closer to the day. I figured with all the work that is done down there, it's just easier without hair getting in the way, specially with the bloody days that follow Tongue Tied

• imagefloridabride07:

I figured with all the work that is done down there, it's just easier without hair getting in the way, specially with the bloody days that follow Tongue Tied

weeks.

and really, hair doesn't get in the way of anything.  unless yours is 12 inches long or something?

• imagebrandonsfuturewife07:

i would stick with a neat trim if you really care that much.  you reallllllly don't want to deal with itchy stubble when you are a bloody healing mess.

and the last thing your dr, your nurses, or YOU will care about is the state of your pubic hair.

Amen to this! I plan to trim but I'm not going to shave and be all itchy. And I don't want to spend money on a wax.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • This makes me laugh. I remember this being asked on 1st tri and people had a fit at the thought of not being groomed as normal. The Horrors! of not shaving or waxingStick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have continued to wax during my pregnancy and honestly, it doesn't hurt much more at all. You bleed more, of course, but that is all that I have experienced that was different.

• my doctor told me not shave.  if you accidentally cut some skin, it can lead to infection during or after birth.  so i would say trim carefully, but don't do anything too crazy.
  • I just waxed this weekend because I couldn't take it anymore.  I just did a regular bikini wax and then the waxer lady trimmed everything super short for me so I wouldn't have such a mess to deal with post birth.  She just had a baby 12 mos ago and said it made post birth cleanups a lot easier.  I didn't  notice that the wax hurt anymore than usual but the place I go gives you some lidocaine numbing spray and I did not get a brazilian (I think that would be too painful).  I would shave though, too much risk of razor burn or cuts for me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"