Babies: 9 - 12 Months

I hate being home alone when someone knocks on the door...

Some douche just came to the door wanting to know if we wanted our driveway repaved. He was here Saturday because he was doing the guy's across the street and DH told him if we were interested we would call him. Ok first of all you knock on my door=dog barking=waking up my kid, so now you have royally pissed me off. Second he would not take no for an answer! He wanted to know if my husband was home, what time he'd be back. He asked me to go call him while he waited at my door, wtf?? Now I'm all freaked out and have every door locked, I'm such a sissy lala.

Re: I hate being home alone when someone knocks on the door...

• I rarely answer the door at all, and never if my husband isn't home. You just never know. Besides, anyone I would want to talk to would phone first, not just show up at my doorstep. I don't need to see door-to-door salesmen.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • whydid you answer it in the first place?  oh not to mention i would have told him to stfu about asking about my husband being home, i guess to make the 'final' decision lol. what a sexist prick.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't even answer the door when I'm home alone with ds (unless it is someone I know).  So I guess I am a bigger sissy than you!  That guy sounds really pushy and rude, I probably would have told him to hang on let me call my dh, shut the door and then left him standing there. 
  • This is exactly why I don't answer the door unless it's someone that I know or someone that I'm expecting.
  • Ugh.  That annoys me.  WTF.  Why does he need to talk to your husband?!  I would have told him to shove it, b/c that's the kinda girl I am.

I answered the door the other week and it was a bunch of cute little old ladies, but they were Jehovah's Witnesses.  I respect that it is part of their religion to spread the word, so I answered b/c I felt bad.  But they gave me some "reading" and told me they'd be back to discuss it with me....

Now I`m terrified of when they come back b/c I'm definitely not interested in converting, but I`m scared to tell the old ladies to beat it.... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't open the door to people I don't know - ever. 

A weird neighbor came to my door once when I was single and lived in a high rise.  I recognized him so opened the door.  I was home alone.  He asked if he could come in and use my phone.  I got a weird vibe so told him that my boyfriend was in the shower and would freak out if a strange man was in my apartment.  But if he had an emergency I could let him borrow my cell phone.  He said never mind and left.

He was later arrested for attacking another woman in the building.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMiss.Modular:
    whydid you answer it in the first place?  oh not to mention i would have told him to stfu about asking about my husband being home, i guess to make the 'final' decision lol. what a sexist prick.

I normally never do when DH isn't home, but I wanted my dog to stfu. My storm door is always locked so it's not like he could have stormed in or anything. However lesson learned, I will not be answering the door ever for anything again. Not worth the anxiety I have now about him coming back and trying to kill me (yes my mind goes there) I watch way too much Investigation Discovery lol.

• I usually do not answer the door when dh is not home. I would tell that guy to stop freaking coming and your answer is no you do not want to repave your drive. I don't understand why sales ppl feel the need to try and sell things to dh, after you have already told them no. I get that all the time and its so annoying.
  • I never opened the door even before having K if I was home alone...not even for my creepy neighbor who wanted to use our phone one day...like i said, creepy.  Just ignore next time and don't even deal with it.
  • imageJackswife123:

Ugh.  That annoys me.  WTF.  Why does he need to talk to your husband?!  I would have told him to shove it, b/c that's the kinda girl I am.

I answered the door the other week and it was a bunch of cute little old ladies, but they were Jehovah's Witnesses.  I respect that it is part of their religion to spread the word, so I answered b/c I felt bad.  But they gave me some "reading" and told me they'd be back to discuss it with me....

Now I`m terrified of when they come back b/c I'm definitely not interested in converting, but I`m scared to tell the old ladies to beat it.... 

They came to my house on Saturday.  I didn't even let the lady get 2 words out before I told her I wasn't interested and shut the door.  I hate those people!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJackswife123:

Ugh.  That annoys me.  WTF.  Why does he need to talk to your husband?!  I would have told him to shove it, b/c that's the kinda girl I am.

I usually thank them for stopping by, and tell them that I'm very happy in my religion, and am don't have the time to look through their reading.  If they offer to leave something I decline. 

• I feel the same way! I'm so spastic though I usually lock all the doors and every few days check to make sure all my windows are locked...they always are but I check anyway.  I don't usually answer the door unless I know I'm expecting a package.
  • We live in an apartment so people can hear DS talking if I don't answer the door. One time this guy showed up and I was pregnant with DD and DS was playing. He wanted to sell me some magazines. I figured he had just moved in because we have a locked building and nobody can enter unless they are buzzed in. He told me he didn't live in the building. Then I asked how he got in and he didn't have a straight answer. I started to shut the door and he asked if he could come in and use my table to write down my info. I said absolutely not and closed the door. He screamed "have a blessed day!" at me and walked away. He was in his early 20's. It was all too weird. I called the apt. manager and reported it. Blah. 
  • DON'T OPEN THE DOOR ALONE! We live in 'safe suburbia' where NOTHING ever happens. Last fall a lady in the neighborhood by us had a guy follow her home from Walmart. He posed as a flower delivery guy...busted in, tied her son up, beat her while the child watched. Aweful! I always call DH or my mom while I answer the door incase something should happen....IF I even answer the door
  • I was ready with a flip response expecting this to be an overreacting to possible danger post.  I was wrong.

That is aggressive and creepy behavoir from the 'contractor'.  I'd get his name and contact info from your neighbour.

Pity about the barking dog.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • imageIndyKat:
    DON'T OPEN THE DOOR ALONE! We live in 'safe suburbia' where NOTHING ever happens. Last fall a lady in the neighborhood by us had a guy follow her home from Walmart. He posed as a flower delivery guy...busted in, tied her son up, beat her while the child watched. Aweful! I always call DH or my mom while I answer the door incase something should happen....IF I even answer the door

It is this kind of story that makes me feel better about being a bit OCD about locked doors and windows. ?DH thinks I am a little over the top but ILs think I am crazy. ?They don't understand why I don't leave the garage doors open all day, why I want a new storm door with a working lock and why I insist on locking the back door even though it means I have to unlock to let the dog in/out. ?To me these are such small things and only take a minute. ?They think because we live in a safe established neighborhood I am overreacting. ?What is to keep people from I don't know...driving into our neighborhood? ?It is not like we live behind a 60ft fence!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    m/c at 13 weeks - March 23, 2011
  • I never answer the door when I'm home alone with LO. Of course if I'm expecting someone.  You can live in a safe neighborhood, but home invasions came happen anywhere!!!!!!  And they are getting more violent!  Luckily I have a handgun!!!!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"