2nd Trimester

Cough, Sneeze...Ouch!!!

So not everytime I cough or sneeze does my lower stomach hurt.  But sometimes it feels like someone just stabbed me.  So when I know a sneeze is coming on, I hold on to the tummy for dear life and it helps a little.

Re: Cough, Sneeze...Ouch!!!

• Same boat. I think that it squishes LO, bracing def helps
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i feel the same thing :(
  • Loading the player...
  • This happens to me too!  It's the worst :(
  • imagekm014a:
    Same boat. I think that it squishes LO, bracing def helps

Yep - I brace myself too. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Same here.  I also get the pain if I move too fast while laying in bed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • oh good i'm glad i'm not the only one.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Doc said it was from round ligaments.  I curl up or bend over and bend at the knees when I have to sneeze or cough and that prevents it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I sneezed the other day when she decided to stretch. Sweet Jesus! I sneeze in threes so after the first one I was hating life for the two other that followed.
  • I was laying on my stomach reading and sneezed a few weeks ago. Thought my uterus was falling out. Now if I feel it coming on, I curl up. That seems to help!Smile
  • Oh my, the same thing happens to me! It's nice to know I am not alone. A friend of mine continues to tel lme "You can't possibly hurt the baby from sneezing", but the sharp pain isn't reassuring. When I am walking and feel a sneeze coming I have to come to a stop and hold my belly. The things we must go through huh?
  • Ligament pain is the worst because it does feel like something is wrong in there! If you walk too much or do too much in a day it might hurt too.

I usually curl a little and hold on my belly it sort of helps but man those first few sneezes! I'm clutching my belly and wincing my poor DH was a bit freaked out. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome to the joys of Round Ligament Pain...:o( It's my worse nigthmare!
  • I get it too. I curl up, hold the belly, anything I can to stop it. I even get it if I get up too quickly!!
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • Its brutal! Try not to laugh suddenly or too hard!
    MC 4/09 at 6w2d 
    Rainbow Jude 
    born: 12/31/09
    Pre-E Induction at 36w4d
    11 Day NICU stay due to GBS infection

TTC#2 10/2010
    M/C: 4/09/11 5w
    CP: 12/26/2011 
    CP: 1/28/2012 
    MMC: 4/16/2012 at 11w2d 
    Ectopic: 6/25/2012 MTX 07/03/12
    CP 11/24/2012