Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Chorizo....please don't be offended

Does anyone eat chorizo?  (if you do please don't be offended)

I went grocery shopping today and saw a tube of what I thought was a mexican sausage so I bought it for our tacos tonight.  I opened the tube and started to cook it and it smelled good, but looked kind of funny.  So to humor myself I read the ingredients.....

lets just say, thank goodness I read them before I ate it.

It's sausage, but it's made of (you are going to barf).....lymph node, salivary glands and lips.  I'm assuming all from a pig, but after I read that my brain went into panic mode to try to get the mental images out of head and the "meat" out of my pan. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Chorizo....please don't be offended

• Options
    I'm guessing you don't eat hot dogs?
  • Options
    hotdogs are the same arent they?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekklickka:

Hot dogs have GLANDS in them!  I must have never looked at the ingredients.....for real?  

::off running to the refrigerator to look at hotdogs ingredients::

• Options

Ewww...  never read ingredients on meat products. 

I once had skirt sausage, main ingredient in a Mexican dish s/o Mexican food.  And discovered it is the diaphragm of the cow.  It's what makes the cow moo!!!  For goodness sakes...  I will never again eat steak enchiladas.

• Options

Crying why did I read that

• Options
    imagekklickka:
    I don't. I can't get over whats in them. Damn the person that ruined my ignorance.
  • Options
    imagemel1987:

Crying why did I read that

this!

i have the most delicious rice and beans with chorizo in my freezer. and i will have to forget about this post before i can eat it. :(

• Options
    SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options

Sorry, but those ingredients are very standard for most sausages, and yes, this includes hot dogs. ?I'm guessing you don't want to know what the casing is made out of? ;)

Side note: ?Lymph nodes, also known as sweet breads, are actually quite tasty (from what I hear) and not at ALL what you would expect them to taste like.?

• Options
    Yep. Us Mexicans like to eat the whole animal.
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • Options
    You should try Soyrizo! It's really good, I eat it fairly often and i'm not even a vegetarian. I mix it wix eggs for breakfast. mmmmmmmmmm!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"