3rd Trimester

Did u buy gifts for your shower hosts?

I have lots of wonderful women in my life - three groups throwing me showers. Is it proper etiquette to buy them something? If you did, what did you buy?

TIA!

Re: Did u buy gifts for your shower hosts?

• I am in the same boat as you with the 3 different showers. I am going to buy hostess gifts afterwards and send them with a thank you card. What I am buying as a gift is different from person to person, depending on what they like. For example, my friend and her Mom who are throwing me a shower tomorrow like to get their hair done a lot, so I am getting them a gift cert to their salon. Or I might just send them flowers since they work in the same office together??? Still deciding. :)
  • I have never heard of someone doing it up here, not sure how common it is. But I am.

For my mom and grandma who threw one I made them some really nice scrapbooked picture frames, and for the sils I am making thme cookie bouquets.

• Loading the player...
  • Yes

As far as I know i only have one shower (don'tknow if people at work are doing anything)... So I got my mom, 2 sisters and MIL a pretty "vera bradley-ish" photo wallett with a few of the 3-D ultrasound pics of LO and  bottle of wine. Smile

• I personally did.  My sister and 2 friends threw me a small shower and I was so grateful that they did this... I wanted to get them a little something.

I got each a $30 Victorias Secret gift card and a box of Godiva chocolate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had two showers. ?One my mom threw the other my MIL threw. ?We bought my mom a new purse and my MIL a?bracelet. ?
    Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got my best friend a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure, along with some chocolates.

• Thanks, everyone! This is a big help.
  • I had three showers too.

The first had sort of a main hostess who is older, so I bought her some perfume from Crabtree and Evelyn and then two Vera Bradley small bags that were amazing prices during the sale.

The 2nd and 3rd were my husbands work with 50 people each so I bought the main organizers large Yankee candles and then baked cookies for the entire office both times in lieu of Thank Yous because they did group gifts.

• I had 2 showers. My step-mom and aunt had one and my MIL had the other. I got my aunt pretty wine glasses and a bottle of wine, my step mom a bracelet and earrings and my MIL a necklace and earrings. I spent about $60 on each of them. But I just felt so thankful that they put so much time and money into making the days so special for me!
  • My mom and MIL threw us one big co-ed shower. DH and I got both of them a Willow Tree "Grandmother" figurine as a thank-you. They LOVED it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hadn't thought about this yet, thank you for the idea!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I took my hostess/best friend to get a pedi the week after my shower.
  • Our friends threw us a co-ed shower.  Five hostesses.  I wanted something that would last so I purchased a really nice sterling silver necklace with a citrine pendant representing our baby's birthstone... just watch, she'll wait until December now to arrive.  Ha!  Anyway, they loved it and I bought them on Amazon.com for under $20 a piece with free shipping.  Peora is the company that made them.  3 day delivery without even expediting.  I'm getting one for myself now too.
  • My shower is today but I got both my host a gift!

I bought a basket and put blue shredded paper in the bottom and filled it with 4 wine glasses each (with blue shredded paper inside), a bottle of wine (blue bottle), a blue candle, and a thank you card!!!

Tried to keep everything blue since we're having a boy... Tried to make it as much "baby shower thanks" as possible without giving them something "baby" they don't need! (neither of them have kids)

• I had three showers.

The first shower was thrown by a close friend.  I gave her a gift certificate to a local day spa.

The second shower was thrown by my sister and my mother.  I gave them both really nice scented candles/accessories with painted lolita coffee mug/wine glass.

The third shower was a big group effort at DH's work so I did not buy any gifts.

BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I did I bought my friend some shower supplies since she helped with my shower :) So lotions, bubble bath, and soap. For my mom and MIL I bought them these grandma frames and put a picture from one of the ultrasound in there. The picture frames are really cute with a sweet poem on them, I bought them from grandcrazy.com :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"