Babies: 0 - 3 Months

how soon did you guys take your LO out?

I just had her on tuesday, healthy as can be, but our digital camera broke yesterday. I dont plan on parading her around town, just to best buy and back. Is that wayyyy ridiculous soon? 

Sorry if its a stupid question and has a common sense answer, but Im a tad clueless, :-) 

Re: how soon did you guys take your LO out?

• we went grocery shopping on day 3 :)
  • My pedi said 1 week to go to the park, for a walk.. at least 2 weeks before going to stores or crowded germy places.?
  • Loading the player...
  • We went to Target on the way home, and on day three. Went to the mall for about four hours on day 8.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    CafeMom Tickers
  • We took DD out the day we left the hospital and she was fine.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Day 3 after we left the hospital.  She is in her infant seat and I don't let anyone touch her so I don't see how anything can happen.
  • Congrats by the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went out early and often.... I usually wear DS though to keep random strangers from (trying to) touching him or getting too close!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went to the store & out to lunch when she was 4 days old :)
  • Love the name!  Ours is Allison as well :)

Just drape a receiving blankey over her carrier so that nothing is getting in.  She will be fine.

• I think it's what you feel comfortable with. We took B out to the grocery store 3 days after we got home. Also the younger they are the easier it is to take them out IMO.
  • We went to wal mart the day we were released from the hospital. Didn't have any problems at all and we just didn't let people touch her
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • My pedi said that she would not take LO out and about for three months. She also said to make sure and not let little kids touch his face. This might be a little intense, but with everything out there right now I guess it is better to be safe.

I would love your thoughts! 

• day 4 when we had to go back to the doc and then to eat lunch. 
  • We ran to Wal-Mart on day 3 and have spent a little time out of the house nearly every day since (walk, doc's office, lunch @ Cracker Barrel).  People don't touch him, and if they want to (and I know them), I'm armed with Purel!
  • We went to the grocery store when she was 4 days old.  If you are concerned, why not go during the day when it is least crowded (not around lunch hours).  That way LO won't be AS exposed to people as on a weekend or at night.  And...

Congrats!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Christmas PJ's! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD was about 3 days old when we went to Target.  We just kept her in the travel system covered up and she just slept away...it kinda kept the germs and people from bothering her.
  • We had to take A back to the hospital every morning after we were discharged for 4 days in a row and then to the pedi because of his jaundice. It was soooo daunting. (I know it was for the best and for his health, but still hard when I was getting no sleep!)

We went for walks around the block starting at day 1 after discharge and I think we went to Target at 1 week. I just covered their car seats with blankets so no one touched them. Although, with twins it was still hard to keep people away.

• Thanks guys! I didnt want to be a bad parent or anything, but how am I supposed to document everytime the baby moves if I dont have a camera?! Ludicrous!!!!  I appreciate all the feedback
  • I took my daughter to the pediatrician the next day for her mandatory newborn checkup, but that was it. ?I pretty much stayed indoors with her for 40 days with the exception of walks in the sling around the neighborhood, but no public places until she was 6 weeks old. ?My cell phone broke less than a week after she was born and I had my stepmom watch her while I ran out and bought a new one. ?Are there any relatives that could come over and watch her while you run out to Best Buy?
  • We took her to Target the first week, but nobody touched her there. We are waiting until 6 weeks to take her to church b/c so many people will want to touch her. The dr. suggested waiting until then.

• DD didn't go out for 6 weeks. ?DS will go out at about 4 weeks because I will have to start taking DD to school and her activities once my mom leaves. ?I wish we could go longer because I really don't like the idea of exposing him too early. ? ?

Why not just buy on amazon.com? ?I find their prices better than BB any way.

• We went to babies r us the day after we came home from the hospital at 3 days home to get more clothes and hats (the newborn clothes were too big that we received at our shower). at 4 days old he went to the pedi and we went food shopping. our pedi told us to try to have him out every day. the fresh air and sunlight is good for him and helps with his sleep wake cycles. He also told us to have everyone caring for him to get the flu shot and dont let children kiss him on his face. And always carry hand sanitizer in the diaper bag!
  • imagemburkhe:

We took DD out?the day we left the hospital?and she was fine.

Ditto. We go out all the time. In my opinion the more you expose your child to the less it will effect them when they are older. I could not imagine keeping my LO in the house and then send them to daycare at 6 weeks, they would get really sick as they would have never been exposed to germs. Don't get me wrong, I don't let people breath over top of her or touch her when we are out, but I still think it is important to go out if not just for your sanity.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"