High-Risk Pregnancy

~~Bed Rest Mama's Tuesday Check In!~~

Please let me know if anyone needs to be added or removed, or if anything about your status has changed.

Here is a list of nesties who can commiserate together during bedrest. Nothing better to do, right? Share your story, progress, news, and any ideas of how to keep yourself busy. Check in will occur each day on the High Risk Pregnancy Board in the mornings.

Post back with your info if you?d like to be added to the list!

We have quite a few new girls! Welcome!

Congrats to Maggie and Fusiones who had their little ones!!! We'd love to see pics and hope all goes well with them!

QOTD: I love this board. I like how nice and supportive everyone is, the preemie board is the same way... Since being on hospital bed rest I go to the third tri board more often... Mostly I am jealous of these ladies with happy, "normal" pregnancies and for the most part - I feel that ignorance is bliss and while sometimes I read a post first feel the urge to write back and say REALLY - that is your big problem?? I only wish I my worry was about a baby shower... So, what is your greiveance or complaint that crosses your mind about other pregnant ladies that you would say given the opportunity..

Name: jennandjt (Jen)
EDD:  September 22nd
Type of BR: strict bedrest with bathroom privileges and the occasional trip downstairs to the recliner. All meals are delivered by my DH as I do not want to spend anymore time than I have to putting pressure on my cervix!
Since when: April 22.....19wk2day
Reason: during my BIG ultrasound they found my cervix 1.5 cm dilated and I went in for an emergency cerclage. Hoping to hold on to this pregnancy as long as possible as I was given a 50, 50 chance....would love to beat those odds!!

Name: Mrs.Babbsy
EDD: 10/13/09 Mono-di twin GIRLS:)
Type: Full bedrest with shower and bathroom priveleges
Since: 5/20                                                                                
Reason: Preterm Labor, shortening cervix and baby B is 18% behind.

Name: Lucky428
EDD:  10/13/09
Type of BR: Modified
Reason: small placental tear

Name: Realisticdreams8
EDD:  11/9/2009
Type of BR: Modified, Basically House Arrest and stay off my feet
Since when: May 29, 2009, 16 weeks 4 days
Reason: spotting, cramping/pain from marginal placenta previa

Name: 2baclark (Shanika)
EDD: 11/10
Type of BR: Modified bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower and brush teeth
Since when:  5/19
Reason: Incompetent cervix.

Name:  mrsjrmiller (Arika)
Due date:  October 21
Since when:  22w 5d (June 22)
Type of Bedrest: Strict, can shower, use bathroom obviously go to my appointments... 9/02/09 - Hospital bed rest till Lauren is here... :(
Reason:  preeclampsia

Name:  Jen (Jen*Johnson*)
Due date:  October 29th
Since when:  20w (June 12)
Type of bedrest: Modified... I am allowed to do what's necessary to watch my 9 month old but I need to be laying most of the day still.
Reason:  Low Amniotic Fluid.

Name:  Francisca
EDD:   10-25-09
Type of BR: Hospitilized, bed pan and IV until either 32 wks or I stop contracting and re-efface a little
Since when: 07/7/09
Reason: pre term labor

Name: Jessica (JessandJeremy)
EDD:
10/4/09  
Since when: 7/18/09
Reason: PT Contractions

Name: Jessica-Kay
EDD:
9/20/09 
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom and shower)
Since when: 7/11/09 (29 weeks 6 days)
Reason: PT Contractions and positive Fetal Fibronectin test.

Name:  mefsta777
EDD: 1/4/10
Type of BR: Modified, no more than 30 minutes of sitting or standing, no leaving the house
Since when: 7/31/09
Reason: "threatened miscarriage" and placental abruption

Name:  megan (megsok11)
EDD: November 11, 2009
Type of BR: strict - only quick shower, bathroom, food, and doctor appt.  hope to get modified BR after 28wks, but i know i won't be able to go back to work.  Getting 17P injections from home health weekly until 36wks, and received betamethasone injections at 24wks.
Since when: July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  one episode of spotting, vag US showed cervical funneling.  no risk factors, first pregnancy, no spotting since that one time

Name: Angeline924
EDD:
 11/28
Type of BR:
 strict bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower( 5 min every other day)
Since when: 
 7/30 22w3d
Reason:
 Incompetent cervix, I was dilated 2 cm w/ bulging bag at last appt, had an emergency cerclage

Name: Cindy (Timmylulu)
EDD: 10/16
Type of BR: wasn't specified but for the next week I can use the bathroom, shower, make lunch, go to dr. appointment and my baby shower this weekend
Since when:  8/7 (29w 6d)
Reason:
History of loss at 21 weeks, reason unknown, but I went into labor early and baby boy was too young to live. This pg I have been getting P17 shots weekly
starting at 16 wks and biweekly us starting at the same time. At my visit last week my cervix shortened from about 30-31 to 29 but when pressure was applied it went to 27 so dr. wants me off my feet

Name: Mandy (mandyunc2003)
EDD: 11/10 (more realistically, 10/13-10/27 since it's di-di b/g twins)
Type of BR: Strict!  Allowed to get up for restroom breaks and meals only.
Since when:  8/6 (26w 2d)
Reason:
Went from 3.7cm to 2.4cm within 3 weeks, and Baby A (girl) is only in the 9th percentile for weight (1 lb 11 oz).  Baby B is doing great and checked in at 2 lbs (45th percentile), so I'm ordered to eat every 3 hours and make it fattening :)   

Name: Erica (ericacathryn)
EDD: 1/29/2010
Type of BR: Modified, but this was explained as only getting up for meals and bathroom breaks.
Since when:  8/5
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma that keeps getting bigger. 

Name:Sarah
EDD: 9/29
Type:hospital with bathroom rights and one 30 min.
wheel chair ride a day
Since When: 8/5 @ 32 weeks
Reason: mild pre-e with previous late loss so they want me closely monitored.

Name: JustMeg8378 (Megan)
EDD:
10/22
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom/shower privleges
Since When:
7/31 at 28w1d
Reason:
Pre-Eclampsia

Name:  MrsDeLaVara
EDD: 11/06/09
Type of BR: Strict - Hospital until delivery.. can get up to pee and that's about it.
Since when: 08/10/09
Reason: Water broke on 08/10 at 27w3d.

Name:  retroeva (Eva)
EDD: 18 Oct 09
Type of BR: Modified Couch Potato ;)
Since when: 17 Aug 09
Reason: GD, dizzy spells, and pre-term contractons

Name:   mhenry (Marisa)
EDD: C-Section scheduled Dec 16, 2009
Type of BR: Bedrest while still taking care of my 2 yr old w/ help (for now)
Since when: August 10, 2009 (21 weeks)
Reason: High Blood Pressure. The doctor is being pro-active due to me having my son Cameron at 29 weeks from Pre E.

Name:  Jenn (JennRN65)
EDD:
  10/31/09 (undecided whether scheduled induction or C/S at 38 weeks)
Type of BR:
  Modified, bathroom and shower priviledges, can cook for myself, dr.'s appts, and pre-natal classes/baby shower as long as I sit
Since When:
  8/14/09 (28w, 6d), though on 8/7 my work hours were cut in half and I was told to do nothing at home
Reason: 
Contractions, Dizzy spells when upright, GD, 2 clotting disorders, and history of Pre E, PTL, 3 abruptions (one of which was a full term still born), and 3 m/c.

Name: Hipstrix (Chrissy)
EDD: October 9, 2009 but c/s scheduled for October 2nd
Type of BR:  Modified.  I had to stop working and now I'm basically supposed to listen to my body and "take it easy" which, right now, means bed/couch punctuated by 10 minutes up to do things around the house here and there.
Since when: 8/21
Reason: Irritable Uterus and daily, strong and regular contractions which seem to be brought on by activity.

Name: Meg1031 (Megan)
EDD: October 31st, 2009
Type of BR:  Between modified to semi strict- I spend most of the day reclined in my recliner, lie down in bed once or twice a day for a bit, can go potty, shower daily (although that takes a lot out of me so I only do it every other day), and avoid going downstairs for anything.
Since when: 28 wks 4 days-Spent 5 1/2 days in hospital first
Reason: I went to local hospital with a "gut feeling" and a few more contractions than I had been having along with an aching like cramps and rectal pressure.  I had contractions every 4 minutes and a positive FFn with cervical shortening and funneling with some dilation.  Got transported to "mothership" hospital an hour away.  They switched the Mag to Nifedipine which I am tolerating "ok"- but still get really dizzy and weak a few times a day though BP is great- and the hot flashes are intense.  Got the betamethasone.

Name: FutureMrsPrestwood (Heather)
EDD:
October 10th (although dr. is saying now she won't let us go past 37 weeks so now its looking like we will have a September baby!)
Type:
Modified: no going out except for weekly hospital visits for NST and blood work and then another weekly visit with my OB. I'm allowed to "piddle" around the house (dr's words, not mine!) but am basically staying on the couch, off my feet 90% of my day.
Since:
8/17
Reason:
Elevated BP now has me diagnosed with gestational pre-hypertension. So far we are maintaing at an elevated (but not normal) BP with the hopes that it will not go up and we won't have to have strict bed rest or be admitted to the hospital.

Name: Manders127 (Amanda)
EDD:
October 18th (definitely won't make it that far, tentative c/s scheduled for 39 weeks due to breech and GD, hoping to make it til then!)
Type:
Hospital, but possibly going home tomorrow depending on US results, then will be modified at home.
Since:
8/21
Reason:
Oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid).  Baby is tolerating it well though.. hoping to make it to full term

Name: Karmanmsw (Karman)
EDD: Oct. 23, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified, I can go the bathroom and take a 10 min shower once a day, and I can drive myself to the doctor once a week:)
Since when: 7/28/09
Reason:  I had pre-eclampsia with my first two pregnancies as well as post partum pre-e with my second.  My blood pressure started rising at 27 weeks so I was put on bedrest!  Our goal is to get to 34 weeks and then hopefully 37. 

Caitlin &Sean (Kate)
EDD
Oct 31st ( wont make it that far C-secion @ 37 weeks)
Type of bed rest 
Modified due to a Complete Placenta Previa with Light spotting @ 24 weeks. I can shower for 10 min each day and drive myself to the doctor 1x per week. Also diagnoised with borderline GD two weeks ago #s controlled by diet so far.
Since when
7/7/09

Name: brettszy (Brett)
EDD: Nov. 14th
Type of BR:  Strict, bathroom privileges, shower every few days
Since when: modified beginning Jun 15th (18 weeks)  strict starting July 13th (22 weeks)
Reason: Previous pre-term labor and delivery - had my son at 31 weeks, short cervix - has been as short as 0.97, current PTL

Name: egankn (Kelly)
EDD:  October 10th
Since when: 33.5 Weeks
Reason: High BP, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision (but so far not high protein in the urine)

Name: 2soontob3jsmomma
EDD: December 6
Type of Bedrest: Strict until delivery
Since when: Sept. 2 ------- 26 weeks and 3 days
Reason: pregnancy induced hypertension and hyperglycemia

Name: Felisha (fisha25)
EDD: 2/03/2010
Type of BR: Strict. Shower, bathroom, food, then back to bed.
Since when:  7/21/09 at 12 weeks
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma found under my placenta at 7weeks. I bleed almost every day, normally fresh blood, but the clot isn't getting any smaller-only bigger. Dr. seems worried placenta abruption may be inevitable.  

Name: Kristy (go dux)
EDD: 10/16/09
Type of BR:
Modified bedrest
Since when:  9/4/09
Reason: Went into L&D after having continuous contractions while at work.  Contractions were coming every 3-4 minutes, not stopping after 2 doses of trebutaline (sp?) and another type of medicine.

Name: Amanda (allinduetime)
EDD: 11/19/2009
Type of BR:
modified
Reason:
  twin pregnancy and + FFN.  went into L&D with contractions every 3-5 mins apart, gave two doses of brethine which knocked them out.  sent up to floor for observation but 24 hours later contractions returned, so was kept another 48 hours and d/c home on bedrest and procardia.

Name: lowhedges Lydia, EXPECTING TRIPLETS!!!!
EDD: ?
Type of BR: ?
Since when: 9/2
Reason: shortening cervix.  I've been lurking as I was placed on b/r at 22 weeks for 1 week and then allowed to return to work for 2 weeks.

Name: kittenxkisses(Shea)
EDD:
10/21
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom priv. & shower privleges EOD.
Since When: 
8/26 at 32 weeks
Reason
: Was in hospital for 2 weeks for PTL, shortening cervix, dilated to 1.5-2, + FFN. Put on magnesium for 2 days and got Steroid shots. Then got off mag and on trbutaline every 4 hours.

Name: Events by Shelly (Shelly)
EDD: 11/08 (Induction scheduled for 10/26...most likely will deliver between 10/8-10/15)
Type:
Modified BR, Allowed 15 mins of "up" time for every hour awake. all "up" time must be followed by 15 mins of horizontal rest. Strict Pelvic Rest. 1 round trip upstairs/downstairs, Can drive myself to pick up DD from school once daily (DH has to take her) and can drive to dr appts only.
Since When: 9/10

Reason
: Previous history of PTL, delivered DD at 34wks 5 days. Admitted to hospital on 9/8 for Contractions, dilated to 2, thinning of cervical wall, baby is head down & engaged, regular contractions at 3 mins apart. was in hospital for 1 day for monitoring, given Terbutaline to stop contractions and sent home on BR. Must go back to dr. twice weekly for monitoring, sono, FFN (weekly). Fingers crossed we make it to 35 weeks!!

Name: kiki408 - Kendra
EDD: 12/18, although we're just hoping to make it to November at this point.
Type: Strict hospital bedrest until 28 weeks (2more weeks)
Since When: 24 weeks ( I went home for a week, but was re-admitted)
Reason: Shortening cervix . 1.3 or so at the last measurement. No contractions; being monitored for the next few weeks, though.

Name: ewhite508 (Emily)
EDD: November 22, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified: House arrest, stay down stairs and keep my butt on the couch with my legs up or I'm grounded. Can go to Dr for appointments, but they send the visiting nurses to me.
Since when: 23w2d -- July 7th
Reason: Preterm labor and perpetual dehydration due to hyperemesis gravidarum.

Name: Erin (erinb31)
EDD:
10/28/09
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom, get water, and shower-- taken to doctor's appointments)
Since when: 9/9/09 (33 weeks)
Reason: PT Labor: slight pink spotting, 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced, contractions (still having them 6-20 min. apart at home), positive fetal fibronectin

Name: luckywifey77 (Janessa)
EDD: November 4, 2009
Type of BR: Strict-only up to use the bathroom
Since when: 27 weeks (8/12)
Reason: Went in for an ultrasound and the doctor decided to check me b/c I was having a contraction while she was checking the fundal height and I was dilated to a 1.

Name: Etude de la vie
EDD:
 11/14/09
Type of BR: Strict ( bathroom, get water, and shower)
Since when: 9/08/09 (31 weeks)
Reason: Pre-term Labor symptoms currently on procardia 

Name: Brooke 208 (Brooke)
EDD:
10/29/09
Type of BR:  Strict for now, bathroom privileges and shower.
Since when: 9/7
Reason: I was having horrible leg pain and they kept diagnosing me with round ligament pain.  They finally did an ultrasound on my legs and discovered a blood clot that reaches from at least my groin to my knee, but could go higher.  They want to do surgery but can't because of the baby, they also cannot put a filter in either.  We're taking it one day at a time, and I am on 100mg of Lovenox twice a day until I deliver. 

Name: BrinaBfly (Sabrina)
EDD: 11/20/09
Type of BR: Modified, almost like Light Duty. I can shower, use the restroom, be up for no more than 30 minutes at a time, do light household chores like dust, and small loads of laundry.
Since when: 8/28/09
Reason: Bicornuate uterus and previous m/c. Since we are not sure how far my uterus will give we are taking precautions. Had to add GD to the mix a few weeks ago, joy.

Name: llggx2
EDD: 11/11/09 but the doctor talked like she would like to see me make it 4-5
Type of BR: after 4-5 more weeks and then maybe we can relax a little but that depends on how the rest of the blood work comes back.
Since when:
9/15/09
Reason: My mom had pre-e with me so this was no suprise but I was hoping that it wouldn't happen. I am hoping it just stays hypertension so I have more freedom. After reading the pre-e moms on the list I am a bit scared.

Name: megan
EDD:  November 24th
Type of BR: modified, according to my dr, although I'm not quite sure where that falls...she said she basically wants me to be REALLY bored.  lots of reclining, short "errands" around the house (quick meals, etc.), leaving the house for the dr., childbirth classes...
Since when: September 10th, 29 wks2 days
Reason: was admitted to L & D on 9/10 with Braxton Hicks coming every 5 minutes.  Got a negative fFn test, urine showed ketones (lack of calories/dehydrated), and transvaginal u/s showed cervical funneling (dilation towards the uterus) although the external cervix is closed tightly, with 2cm of length.

Name:  Melissa
EDD:  January 1, 2010
Type of BR:  Modified.  I am under semi-house arrest and am supposed to sit or lay down most of the day.  However, I can move around the house at will.  I am not allowed to care for my 19 month old daughter by myself.  :(    On the brighter side, I am allowed 1 or 2 weekly excursions so long as I don't walk any sizable distance and sit down while out.  
Since when:  Early July
Reason:  My daughter (and only child) was born at 30.5 weeks.  The doctors suspect either a weak cervix or PTL (but maybe just stress and working too hard?).  I had a normal pregnancy until 26 weeks when I had a tiny bit of spotting.  That's when we discovered that I was 1.5 cm dilated and that my amniotic sac was "bulging" through the opening in my cervix.  I was hospitalized for 4 weeks before I delivered.  (That was strict bed rest laying upside down in a hospital bed.  I was only allowed out of bed for a shower every 3rd day...  and yes, that meant bedpans for a MONTH).  Thank goodness, those 4 weeks worked a miracle and my daughter didn't even need breathing treatments after her birth.  We were incredibly lucky.  

This time around the doctors are taking every possible precaution, since we don't know what happened last time.  I had a cerclage at 14 weeks, started progesterone shots at 17 weeks, and I've been on modified bed rest since July.  So far, everything looks good...so we our keeping our fingers crossed and hoping to make it all the way this time.  Only 1 more week until the point I was hospitalized during my last pregnancy.

Name: j.h.mommy (Jennifer)
EDD
: 11/16/09 (adjusted dd for twins), 12/7/09 (40 week dd)
Type of BR: strict,but at home. I can shower quickly, and get up to the bathroom and that's it. 
Since when
: Modified started around 8/3 and Strict started 9/10 Reason: Twin pregnancy with bicornuate uterus and cervical funneling. Having issues with ptl.

Re: ~~Bed Rest Mama's Tuesday Check In!~~

• So we are now on day by day basis - taking blood each morning to see where things stand with my platelets and deciding if we can make it another day without having a baby. Thinking that if the platelets drop at the same trend they have been, then I should make it till Thurs or Fri at least... Otherwise - 10am next Wed it is! Cannot believe we are really on the home stretch! Head cold is still here and is pretty miserable. I did not see DS yesterday cause he is coughing and snotty too - trying to keep him out of the hospital so he can be well for when Lauren comes home... breaking my heart in thousands of pieces... but we are almost done... Thinking maybe by Thurs or Fri if both he and I are feeling better, he can come up... Really hard on a mama's heart...

QOTD: I have lots I could say on this topic... but for whatever reason it bugs the crap out of me when I read posts about people who are like "I went to work today and if 1 more person comments about me still being pregnant I am going to kill them... or when they complain that sooo many people are calling me to see how I am doing and if I am still pregnant... ugh, I could just kill them!" I know it can be annoying - but what I want to say is REALLY - what if you went through the day and NO ONE said anything to you and no one called you. No one acknowledged your pregnancy at all... how would that make you feel??

The other post that makes my blood boil is - "I am soooo tired of working. I am just so miserable and do not think I can make it - how can I get my dr. to write me out of work on bed rest?"  I do not think I even need to explain how infuriating that is....

Have a good day!

• Good morning!  It's lab and bpp day today.....how exciting!

QOTD:  A lot of things drive me crazy - like how nice it must be to be on bed rest, blah blah blah.  It makes me want to strangle someone!   All of the complaints about the showers and whatnot make me crazy as well - I guess there is a lot!  More than I thought! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Just sitting at home today waiting for my nurse to come give me my weekly 17P injection....she only has to come 3 more times!  Yay!

QOTD:  As the days go by, I literally find myself more and more irritated by the 3rd trimester board.  I can rarely find a post on there that annoys the crap out of me.  I wish these women realized that they have nothing to complain about.  If they could swap spots with one of us for a week, maybe that would shut them up!  I don't think that swollen ankles from being able to work all day or a little heartburn is that bad compared to having to see peris, and bedrest, and diabetic diets, and tons of shots.

At my childbirth ed class we had to go around the room & introduce ourselves and say what we could live without during pregnancy.  Everyone was like 'i could live without heartburn'.  I was thinking oh dear lord help me to have some self control here.  When it got to me, i was like 'um..i could live without being on bedrest starting at 23wks and on home rest the remainder of the pregnancy'.  Take that all you sissy pregos!  :)

I usually don't make mean comments though.  it's better to just keep my negative opinions to myself....of course except for in this blog :)

Anyway, have a great day ladies!  We're tough mamas!

• good morning ladies....my doctor has left 4 message over the weekend/monday that she wants to talk but my phone was broken and i just got her messages/my phone today so now i'm waiting for her to call me back...ohhh how i hate to wait.

QOTD: you all already heard my vent yesterday. I hate when people make light of your situation, wether it's from being uneducated, their own experience or anything else. Every one hates when people add their two cents in on how you should burp the baby or change a diaper why wouldn't people think the same that everyone is different and just because it worked for them doesn't mean it will for you.  As a mommy who worked till the day i had my LO (DD #2) and went back to work 4 days later( yes, 4 had her Friday was back at my NON-desk very physical job on Monday) I remember how i would have loved to have an extra day off but i never told my pregnant friend on bed rest that "it must be nice" cause best rest sucks.
  • i should also say that yes, I got special permission to go to the childbirth class from my OB.  I just sat the whole time and when we had to get down on the floor i was in so much pain that i just laid on the blanket while all the other moms sitting up with no problems!  thanks bed rest :)
  • Update:  Nothing much, still hanging in there.  Actually drove for first time in over a month yesterday- way weird, let me tell you.  I have permission to pick up DD from school and had to run a prescription to pharmacy.  Wow- it was so freeing!  I may have even drove through the drive up at the coffee shop...just maybe ;)

I get 17P on Thursday, then one more next week.  After that- no more!  I stop my meds on Fri or Sat- then we'll see how things go after that.  Tick, tick, tick- this is what my husband is saying all the time around me!

QOTD:  I want to start out and say that I go to 3rd Tri, too, but I find them to be pretty snarky a lot of the time.  Not like here and some others.  But, thier not snarky all the time, just a different blend of people.

Ok, now that that is out there...

Regular pregnant women bug me.  Yep, I said it.  "I can only work 8 hours now instead of my usual 12 hr shift." or the classic, "My feet are so swollen I had to buy new shoes."- Ok, at least you can go shopping.  At least you are working.  That, and the comments you get when asked when you are returning from work after baby- and you have to explain that it depends on how long bedrest is due to finances and benefits.  Sure, I'd love to take 12 wks off, great.  But, I still want my house and not up poo-poo creek in debt and not have insurance.  So, I will go back when LO is 6 weeks.  Or sooner if the situation dictates.

Also- now no offense to anyone here if you are one- but those women who only get the little basketball beneath thier size small t-shirts and complain they are huge?  yeah, that bugs me.  Honestly.  Try finding a nursing bra when your ta-tas have thier own zip code, or try finding a maternity top that doesn't have the 'fat lady pattern' on it...go ahead, I dare you.  I'm not bitter, but find something real to complain about. 

• Just killing time here... 45 min til I need to leave for my OB appt... we are scheduling my c-section today... really excited to have a date and not keep saying "in 1-3 weeks..."  

QOTD:  I think the post that annoyed me the most was (I think Blair's-- normally I love her post but this one bugged me) the one about how very close to the end of pregnancy she had given up caring if she gained 50 lbs and was just going to eat whatever she wanted (cake, ice cream, etc)...  I think the reason it bugged me was because I have only gained 4 lbs this entire pregnancy and would LOVE to gain MORE weight actually but I also can't eat any of those yummy things because my pancreas pooped out 2 weeks after I stopped having morning sickness... so yeah, I wish my only concern with eating was weight gain.... Also, the people who are exercise freaks and complain that they haven't been working out as much in third tri... umm hello I think that's pretty normal... I have been on bedrest so even just going out for a long walk sounds great (but really tiring lol) so listening to people whine about jogging annoys me too!

• Update:  No news yet today.  I'm leaving in a little while for my OB appointment.  My MIL is taking me.  It really isn't fun feeling so helpless and depending SO much on other people.  I'm having a hard time with that part, because I'm usually the opposite.  I had a horrible day yesterday.  Pain was bad again, I felt so sick and so tired, and DH was being a jerk.  On a good note, I'll finally be 35 weeks on Thursday. 

QOTD:

This isn't 100% related but I hate it when people tell me "Don't worry, you don't have long to go!  She'll be here soon!"  It's as if that will end all my problems, and unfortunately for me and my situation it won't.  BUT it will make it easier for them to treat me, so I get it.  It's just annoying. 

I hate that I feel like I am not normal.  I want to be normal.  I've been through so much in my life and I can't remember the last time I was normal.  I'm walking with a walker now and I can add that to the wheelchair, cane, and crutches I already own.  It sucks.  Then I see all these women who go through their pregnancies with such ease and it makes me so sad.  Not even pregnancy, but life in general.  I wonder when it will be my turn to be normal, or to have everything go right. 

I hate when people complain about heartburn.  Yeah, I have heartburn and it's bad and makes me sick.  But I would take it 20 times over in place of this pain, or these stupid twice a day injections, or bedrest. 

I will say that my sister is also pregnant right now and she's having a normal pregnancy and she is pretty much the ONLY one that helps me through the most.  I am so grateful to her.  Between all my scares and issues so far this pregnancy she has been great and I really feel lucky to have a sister like her.  I'm glad that her pregnancy is nothing like mine because she doesn't deserve all this crap.  And she isn't a complainer, either.  I felt horrible the other day at her baby shower (her first baby!) when everyone kept coming up to me and making a big deal of me and I just didn't want the attention on me at all, it was her day.  But she never got mad or even said a word because she is so awesome.  I'm lucky in that aspect.

• No update here!

QOTD:  I have to say I have gotten more annoyed at non pregnant people because they REALLY do not understand, and they say things like "Oh preterm labor happens all the time, no big deal."  NO BIG DEAL? OR people (my SIL) who say things like, "Oh well now that you are on bedrest, DH will just have to buy fast food for you guys for dinner every night.  So hard on him otherwise..." Yeah, it is hard on him, but hello?  If I ate freaking pizza every night, I would gain insane amounts of weight because I literally CANNOT get out of bed.  And when you correct them on that point, they look like I am some huge demanding b*tch because I asked DH to broil tilapia for 8 minutes or mix up a salad with cold cuts of chicken in a package so that I actually consume some meals that are good for me and the baby.  I find many of the posts on 3rd tri to be inane lately, too, but for some reason, they do not drive me quite as crazy as the ignorant people in my life.  Vent done!

• Nothing new for me. I go for a cervical check on Thursday so I am anxiously awaiting the news from that.

QOTD: I think the thing that gets to me is the eviction notices! Here we are, working so hard to keep our babies in and they just seem to want them out. I can understand how they feel, I had a "normal" pregnancy with my daughter and I remember being so tired of being pregnant. But after having my son at 31 weeks and visiting him every day in the NICU for 6 weeks my perspective changed.

• Update:  Just got back from the OB and my weekly l&d visit.  My BP is yet again higher this week than last (150/100) but everything else in normal...all labs and urine are great!  Also had an ultrasound and the baby is looking fantastic and turned back around to head down!  All good news.....the bad news is that my ob is going to admit me on friday til delivery.  I am so glad that I have been able to avoid that up unitl now!  I am almost 36 weeks and we are probably goint to induce at 37 so I know the hospital stay will be short!  On a random note, I have the most intense pubic bone pain today!  I am wondering if maybe my baby dropped because it hurts so bad!  I almost wanted to cry walking into the docs office! 

Reading everyones question of the day today was pure enjoyment for me!  Great question!  I get so annoyed reading the third tri board but I still read it and post out of anger and boredom!  I get angry and at least half the complaine posts too.  Come on!  Yesterday there was a post about how to convice the doc to schedrule an induction three weeks early because the girl was due at christmas and it was too inconvenient!  Seriously?  But you know what?  All of you ladies on this board, we have all gone through some hard times to have our babies and I know that in the end it makes me a better parent.  I am so thankful for my kids and I know that I could have had very different outcomes very easily!  I am proud of each and every one of us on this board!

• Update: Well we might be moving this weekend which means not only am I anxious but extremely frustrated that I cannot help in any way! DH is even saying "you may stay with your parents so I make sure you don't get up and help."  I really don't trust him to unpack boxes and find functional spots for everything in the house. I am having nightmares of him putting the dishes in a linen closet or something! Other than that I am still on a high-protein diet and laying in bed. 

QOTD: Now I have noticed I get annoyed just looking at 2nd trimester board. I hate the "pee on a stick gender questions" and on any board when someone posts pictures/questions/ advice on their baby room I just choose to ignore it because it reminds me how I cannot put together our baby room and how has gotten done yet!  

• *SQUEE*

Just got back from the doctor and she said that the baby is FULLY engaged in my pelvis and in full contact with my cervix so she said labor should be very close on the horizion!!! The heart beat was a very strong and solid 150bpm and is measuring at 38 weeks (Im 36). I told her that the contractions are a lot stronger, crampier, and more frequent but nothing consistant or timeable and she just grinned and said I will be super prepared for active labor. She also said I can guilt my kid with horror stories of a 10-WEEK labor, screw those 24 hour labors Cheesy

We were also able to make ammendments to my birth plan with the focus on a full term baby and not a preemie. Basically she said unless circumstances deem necessairy otherwise, she will immeaditely place the baby on my chest for the cleaning/suctioning/apgar scoring and delay cutting the cord until it stops pulsing so that way the baby gets all that valuable blood in its system. We will also be discharged ASAP even though I can get 48 hours with a vaginal birth.

She also gave me a seasonal flu shot and I didn't even fuss about it Grin

I'm pratically giggly over here!!!

QOTD: On one hand I feel kind of guilty because I still do these bed rest updates and I'm on house arrest, but this board has been so suppourtive with everything from whining about sore fingers from checking blood sugars 4x day to how awful trybutelene (sp?) makes you feel when you go into L&D to stop contractions. Hopefully my posts aren't offensive to anyone or come off as "rubbing it in" that I've made it to 36 weeks but I feel like I've trained for a marathon and I'm a few days away from the race!

The women on the 1/2/3rd trimester boards are SUPER snarky, they are definately mean girls. Yeah, I go there to see what others are saying about the more mundane things like crib bumpers and monitors and crap like that but if you post something even the slightest bit cross wise, they jump on you like white on rice!

I also hate when they complain about the aches and pains of normal pregnancy. Uh, yeah. Try WEEKS of labor contractons that sometime shorten your cervix and cause you to dialate and sometimes do diddly squat except hurt like hell.

• imagebrettszy:

Nothing new for me. I go for a cervical check on Thursday so I am anxiously awaiting the news from that.

QOTD: I think the thing that gets to me is the eviction notices! Here we are, working so hard to keep our babies in and they just seem to want them out. I can understand how they feel, I had a "normal" pregnancy with my daughter and I remember being so tired of being pregnant. But after having my son at 31 weeks and visiting him every day in the NICU for 6 weeks my perspective changed.

It's tough either way.  I wouldn't say I'm giving my DD an eviction notice but I will say that I've complained that I am ready for her to be born ASAP.  My complications are different though and I'm also just about 35 weeks.  I would never say this with normal pregnancy complaints, I could go to 42 weeks if I had to and deal with morning sickness and aches and pains and all of the "normal" pregnancy stuff.  But they can't really treat my complications until DD is born so it's opposite of the women who are trying to keep LO in as long as possible.  Usually I would be the same but this is a different situation for me all together.  I can't help but fear that my life is at stake or I would have a totally different mind frame here.  It's not just DD that I have to worry about, but the son that I already have as well.  He needs a healthy mommy too. 

• I think we are all allowed to complain - and give eviction notices... we are special and the exceptions... don't you guys think?!!!
  • Update: Have the flu (not the swine or avian flu, though I do believe I can flyyyy) and my contractions are now a lovely 5 minutes apart. :( Me and baby are clealry having a fight about his due date. He says now, I say bullshit. Growth u/s on Thurs because butthead!baby is tiny tiny tiny. I'm not really worried about his size though, I was full term and only 4 1/2 pounds.

QOTD: I hate any baby shower post (I'll include mine in that, though I plead ignorance). I just want to smack the girls that complain they didn't get what was on their registry.

I will admit, as a constant evil!MIL poster, I do love to read those. Makes me feel like I'm not such a raging b*tch for hating her.

• So I said that I have been more annoyed by non-pregnant people and their ignorance in my answer above, but I read this post, and now I feel as though this could be equally annoying:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/22908012.aspx

It is a post/poll about what girls least expected from their pregnancies and most are answering weight gain, lack of weight gain, lack of stretch marks, etc...... I wish those were my surprises, and I don't have it nearly as bad as some of the girls on this board.

• imageLadyJavy:How easy it has all seemed. I expected to hate being pregnant, but the minor inconveniences haven't been all that bad.THIS is annoying! Sometimes I feel my pg has been a struggle since the 1st trimester and now I am sliding into homebase with the grand finale of strict bed rest. sigh....  
  • imageEmilyK508:

Update: Have the flu (not the swine or avian flu, though I do believe I can flyyyy) and my contractions are now a lovely 5 minutes apart. :( Me and baby are clealry having a fight about his due date. He says now, I say bullshit. Growth u/s on Thurs because butthead!baby is tiny tiny tiny. I'm not really worried about his size though, I was full term and only 4 1/2 pounds.

QOTD: I hate any baby shower post (I'll include mine in that, though I plead ignorance). I just want to smack the girls that complain they didn't get what was on their registry.

I will admit, as a constant evil!MIL poster, I do love to read those. Makes me feel like I'm not such a raging b*tch for hating her.

Sorry to hear about the flu... clearly, the world is against your right now!!! UGH! 

I am not a frequent poster on 3rd tri but when I do post it is usually about my crazy MIL....  Those, including yours - entertain me!

• imagemrsjrmiller:
    imageEmilyK508:

Update: Have the flu (not the swine or avian flu, though I do believe I can flyyyy) and my contractions are now a lovely 5 minutes apart. :( Me and baby are clealry having a fight about his due date. He says now, I say bullshit. Growth u/s on Thurs because butthead!baby is tiny tiny tiny. I'm not really worried about his size though, I was full term and only 4 1/2 pounds.

Sorry to hear about the flu... clearly, the world is against your right now!!! UGH! 

I am not a frequent poster on 3rd tri but when I do post it is usually about my crazy MIL....  Those, including yours - entertain me!

Thanks. The flu isn't even bad, just that the medicine makes me hyper (when it's supposed to make me drowsy, natch) so I can't sleep. But no sleep means more time to hang around here and troll for trolls. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"