3rd Trimester

Just out of curiousity ..

I was wondering if anybody is going to 'set the mood' in the delivery room. -- I mean are any of you going to be playing a certain type of music? Adding any scented waxes or tarts around you? If you want to be showering throughout the first stage of labor or do you wanna walk around?

We were talking about setting the mood in my childbirth class the other day, and i'm just a little curious to see who is going through with making their labor and delivery a really intimate setting for themselves.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just out of curiousity ..

• I plan on taking music, and defusers and my laptop to play music. But I don't know about setting a mood really, probably just trying to make myself as comfy as possible.
  • If I get there within the early stages of labor possibly.

However, I cannot forsee me doing any of that in the throws of discomfort.

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am just going to try and make things as relaxed as possible. I'm bringing music, my favourite scented lotions for massage, my own pillows, and from there I'm just going to go with it and do whatever feels right to manage the pain.

I'm having a doula and my husband present so yes I want to make this birth experience mine, however it turns out.

• when we went to the hosp for DD we didn't realize we'd be having her that night (by unplanned csection) so any plans we had went out the window
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, my cousin is being my coach. I think she's the only one who will be patient enough to handle me in the DR cause I know for a fact i'm going to be a mess without my SO. =/

-- She said it's a good idea for me to bring music, and I do too! She asked what kind of music I was going to bring and i told her Reggaetone. (flame away lol) But she's like no don't do that i will be embarrassed, she wants me to bring Christian music. Don't get me wrong I love my Christian music, but I feel as though it's going to slow things down for me. I can picture myself pushing the baby out faster if I have a fast going beat that makes me wanna dance. I just don't know how to tell her..  

• I'm taking my own hospital gown, scented diffuser, iPod speakers to play ocean sounds, and maybe flameless candles too.  I definitely think setting the mood is important.

I will also shower if I need to, and there is a whirlpool too at the hospital that I'll go into to ease the pain of the contractions if I need/want to. 

• My plan is to be flexible... I'm going to have a few of my favorite "relaxing" CDs (in addition to my Hypnobabies CDs) to choose from, I may have candles set up in case I want to use them.  I do know that I'm going to want to use a birthing pool, and have lots of no-preparation, healthy snacks around in case I feel like eating something.
  • imageemakoo01:

I will also shower if I need to, and there is a whirlpool too at the hospital that I'll go into to ease the pain of the contractions if I need/want to. 

damn! wish Kent had a damn whirlpool. I'm jealous of you! haha

• I have a playlist set up on my Zune and I got a couple of those febreeze flameless candle/flicker thingies that smell fantastical and the lights in the delivery room are dimmable. I also have a masseuse (sp?) and my Reiki master coming to my room at certain times (my DH TOTALLY spoils me...). Other than that, I'm just trying to be comfy and stay as relaxed as possible.
  • I am going to keep the lights dim, wear my own clothes and play music. I think this will help me feel more like I'm at home, and allow me to focus. I plan to go all natural and this should help me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"