3rd Trimester

Rude people and their age

I noticed that usually older people are so much more willing to lend a hand!

For example, today at the car dealership:

- Mechanic in his 20's: where's your car parked?
- me: right next to the building here
- Mechanic: ok, bring it around to the front.
- mechanic's older boss: no - we'll take your keys and get it.

(seriously, it was like 20 feet from where they were going to bring it into the garage, but I had my DD, her stroller, a bag of toys, and the diaper bag in tow!)

Later at Goodwill, I was unloading tons of stuff out of the car -

20ish year old guy - "Put that stuff over there" - as in drag all the boxes and bags of stuff from the hall all the way across the room, while I've got my toddler in the car and I'm struggling 38 weeks preg.

Seriously, some people are clueless!  Tends to be the younger ones, although the older ones despite tending to be more helpful (holding doors etc) are the ones that make stupid comments (like the MILs telling us to rub our nips with sandpaper)!!

Re: Rude people and their age

• imageArcticFox:

(like the MILs telling us to rub our nips with sandpaper)!!

Please explain this. I sooooooo haven't heard this one!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageArcticFox:

(like the MILs telling us to rub our nips with sandpaper)!!

And now I have diet coke all over my laptop screen...HILARIOUS!

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, I have noticed this trend as well.  I feel like the younger generation's parents must have forgotten to teach them manners.
  • Maybe it's because the younger people have never been through it themselves and have no idea how to act around pregnant ladies? 

And the older ones have been through it, so they consider themselves able to give out lots of wise, BTDT advice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagewnk1029:

Maybe it's because the younger people have never been through it themselves and have no idea how to act around pregnant ladies? 

And the older ones have been through it, so they consider themselves able to give out lots of wise, BTDT advice?

Good theory. I am going to think this so I don't get so boiling mad at times that I want to strangle someone. 

• I was leaving water aerobics a few weeks ago and some high school students were sitting on the stairs to the parking lot.  One kid saw me and told her friend to move over (she wasn't in the way, he was).  He looked at her and said "What, I don't want to move."  She nudged him to look at me and then the kid finally scooted over.  I comfort myself by thinking "Wow, that kid won't be dating any of the girls in the group after they saw his lack of manners, right?"

At least the girl was considerate!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't found that at all.  It seems like teenage/early 20 guys are the most polite. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Really age has nothing to do with it.  Unfortunately there are really rude people of ALL ages out there.  I've encounted all different kinds, myself.
  • Today at Petco a 25ish guy offered to carry my 10lb bag of cat food to my car, that was pretty polite.
  • I think it has more to do with people of all ages not having manners. The younger people I have encountered have been really nice, while middle aged women look their noses down at me like I am some sort of 15 year old mom-to-be. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"