3rd Trimester

i love ebay.

i just won 30 0-3 carters onesies for $6.99 including shipping.

i went crazy at the beginning of the pregnancy buying bigger sized clothes because i figured people would get the smaller sizes, but it really didn't turn out that way. we got more "stuff" rather than clothes [fine by me].

im all about bargain shopping.

:::searches through laundry room for the dreft:::

anyone else not ashamed to buy used?

Re: i love ebay.

• ME!  I've bought a ton of stuff at garage sales.  I'm picky about quality (I won't buy anything with stains or other issues) and price (I'm cheap), but totally fine with buying used :)
  • I thought I was going to be a lot more picky than I am, but I'm all about buying used now! I got all our bottles and nipples off ebay (300+ pieces, all Avent for $35 including shipping) and I got the breast pump I really wanted off ebay, too (Avent Isis IQ duo for $85 with shipping). I'm all about buying used now!
  • Loading the player...
  • I loooooooooooove Ebay too. For some reason, I didn't even think to look for baby clothes on Ebay until a few months ago - probably a good thing! Danger! Smile

Between thrift stores and Ebay, I have a TON of clothes from 0-6 months. Since we don't have laundry in our apartment, I wanted to have extra of the basics (onesies, rompers, etc.) so I wouldn't have to worry about washing them all the time. We've received some clothes as gifts, but I'm definitely happy I bought things secondhand.

Plus, even though I have gifts, it's really nice to have picked some things out myself - without feeling guilty over price tags, since he'll only wear these clothes for 3 seconds.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't buy new, period, unless its a specific thing we need. Otherwise, I buy at garage sales, at consignment shops, ebay...etc. We don't have a lot of money, and I don't see the sense in buying brand new stuff (excluding a car seat... but I would have bought it off of someone I knew, so that I would have known that it hadn't been in a car wreck).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedewitthm:
    I thought I was going to be a lot more picky than I am, but I'm all about buying used now! I got all our bottles and nipples off ebay (300+ pieces, all Avent for $35 including shipping) and I got the breast pump I really wanted off ebay, too (Avent Isis IQ duo for $85 with shipping). I'm all about buying used now!

holy cow with the bottles!

• imageTarheelsInNJ:

Plus, even though I have gifts, it's really nice to have picked some things out myself - without feeling guilty over price tags, since he'll only wear these clothes for 3 seconds.

this.

• Most of my son's clothes were bought at Goodwill. They look brand new and I could never afford to buy all these brand names at full price. He'll be better dressed than I am!

I got Baby Gap, Gymboree, OshKosh, Baby Disney, stuff like that all for $1.99 per outfit or $0.99 per onesie.

I love eBay too though- I just bought some nursery decor and a carseat fleece cover there today, and I bought my bedding set there a few months ago.

• imageLittleLotero:

imagedewitthm:
    I thought I was going to be a lot more picky than I am, but I'm all about buying used now! I got all our bottles and nipples off ebay (300+ pieces, all Avent for $35 including shipping) and I got the breast pump I really wanted off ebay, too (Avent Isis IQ duo for $85 with shipping). I'm all about buying used now!

holy cow with the bottles!

Right? I was so psyched about it because they're SOOO ridiculously expensive brand new, but this has nipples, the rings, caps, bottles, all sorts of stuff. And the bottles are in 3 or 4 different sizes, so they'll "grow" with LO.

Nice snag on the clothes, btw!

• Ive been yard saling all summer long and I have so many cute clothes.  I found so many that only went through one little girl and they are in such good shape because babies grow out of stuff so quickly.  I too am picky no stains or overly washed, etc. stuff but I am very satisfied with all the money I have saved and my baby is going to be one well dressed little girl!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"