High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

~~Bed Rest Mama's Monday Check In!~~

Please let me know if anyone needs to be added or removed, or if anything about your status has changed.

Here is a list of nesties who can commiserate together during bedrest. Nothing better to do, right? Share your story, progress, news, and any ideas of how to keep yourself busy. Check in will occur each day on the High Risk Pregnancy Board in the mornings.

Post back with your info if you?d like to be added to the list!

We have quite a few new girls! Welcome!

Congrats to Maggie and Fusiones who had their little ones!!! We'd love to see pics and hope all goes well with them!

QOTD: If you cannot tell, I am running low on questions... doing another survey type thing... anyone have any ideas for questions, please let me know.... also with only 9 days left - any volunteers to take over the check in??? Maybe 2 people could do it and alternate days?!?

Enter 3 answers for each of the following questions:

Three names I go by:

Three Jobs I have had in my life.

Three places I have lived

Three TV shows that I watch

Three Exciting Places I Have Been

Three things I'm looking forward to:

Name: jennandjt (Jen)
EDD:  September 22nd
Type of BR: strict bedrest with bathroom privileges and the occasional trip downstairs to the recliner. All meals are delivered by my DH as I do not want to spend anymore time than I have to putting pressure on my cervix!
Since when: April 22.....19wk2day
Reason: during my BIG ultrasound they found my cervix 1.5 cm dilated and I went in for an emergency cerclage. Hoping to hold on to this pregnancy as long as possible as I was given a 50, 50 chance....would love to beat those odds!!

Name: Mrs.Babbsy
EDD: 10/13/09 Mono-di twin GIRLS:)
Type: Full bedrest with shower and bathroom priveleges
Since: 5/20                                                                                
Reason: Preterm Labor, shortening cervix and baby B is 18% behind.

Name: Lucky428
EDD:  10/13/09
Type of BR: Modified
Reason: small placental tear

Name: Realisticdreams8
EDD:  11/9/2009
Type of BR: Modified, Basically House Arrest and stay off my feet
Since when: May 29, 2009, 16 weeks 4 days
Reason: spotting, cramping/pain from marginal placenta previa

Name: 2baclark (Shanika)
EDD: 11/10
Type of BR: Modified bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower and brush teeth
Since when:  5/19
Reason: Incompetent cervix.

Name:  mrsjrmiller (Arika)
Due date:  October 21
Since when:  22w 5d (June 22)
Type of Bedrest: Strict, can shower, use bathroom obviously go to my appointments... 9/02/09 - Hospital bed rest till Lauren is here... :(
Reason:  preeclampsia

Name:  Jen (Jen*Johnson*)
Due date:  October 29th
Since when:  20w (June 12)
Type of bedrest: Modified... I am allowed to do what's necessary to watch my 9 month old but I need to be laying most of the day still.
Reason:  Low Amniotic Fluid.

Name:  Francisca
EDD:   10-25-09
Type of BR: Hospitilized, bed pan and IV until either 32 wks or I stop contracting and re-efface a little
Since when: 07/7/09
Reason: pre term labor

Name: Jessica (JessandJeremy)
EDD:
10/4/09  
Since when: 7/18/09
Reason: PT Contractions

Name: Jessica-Kay
EDD:
9/20/09 
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom and shower)
Since when: 7/11/09 (29 weeks 6 days)
Reason: PT Contractions and positive Fetal Fibronectin test.

Name:  mefsta777
EDD: 1/4/10
Type of BR: Modified, no more than 30 minutes of sitting or standing, no leaving the house
Since when: 7/31/09
Reason: "threatened miscarriage" and placental abruption

Name:  megan (megsok11)
EDD: November 11, 2009
Type of BR: strict - only quick shower, bathroom, food, and doctor appt.  hope to get modified BR after 28wks, but i know i won't be able to go back to work.  Getting 17P injections from home health weekly until 36wks, and received betamethasone injections at 24wks.
Since when: July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  one episode of spotting, vag US showed cervical funneling.  no risk factors, first pregnancy, no spotting since that one time

Name: Angeline924
EDD:
 11/28
Type of BR:
 strict bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower( 5 min every other day)
Since when: 
 7/30 22w3d
Reason:
 Incompetent cervix, I was dilated 2 cm w/ bulging bag at last appt, had an emergency cerclage

Name: Cindy (Timmylulu)
EDD: 10/16
Type of BR: wasn't specified but for the next week I can use the bathroom, shower, make lunch, go to dr. appointment and my baby shower this weekend
Since when:  8/7 (29w 6d)
Reason:
History of loss at 21 weeks, reason unknown, but I went into labor early and baby boy was too young to live. This pg I have been getting P17 shots weekly
starting at 16 wks and biweekly us starting at the same time. At my visit last week my cervix shortened from about 30-31 to 29 but when pressure was applied it went to 27 so dr. wants me off my feet

Name: Mandy (mandyunc2003)
EDD: 11/10 (more realistically, 10/13-10/27 since it's di-di b/g twins)
Type of BR: Strict!  Allowed to get up for restroom breaks and meals only.
Since when:  8/6 (26w 2d)
Reason:
Went from 3.7cm to 2.4cm within 3 weeks, and Baby A (girl) is only in the 9th percentile for weight (1 lb 11 oz).  Baby B is doing great and checked in at 2 lbs (45th percentile), so I'm ordered to eat every 3 hours and make it fattening :)   

Name: Erica (ericacathryn)
EDD: 1/29/2010
Type of BR: Modified, but this was explained as only getting up for meals and bathroom breaks.
Since when:  8/5
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma that keeps getting bigger. 

Name:Sarah
EDD: 9/29
Type:hospital with bathroom rights and one 30 min.
wheel chair ride a day
Since When: 8/5 @ 32 weeks
Reason: mild pre-e with previous late loss so they want me closely monitored.

Name: JustMeg8378 (Megan)
EDD:
10/22
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom/shower privleges
Since When:
7/31 at 28w1d
Reason:
Pre-Eclampsia

Name:  MrsDeLaVara
EDD: 11/06/09
Type of BR: Strict - Hospital until delivery.. can get up to pee and that's about it.
Since when: 08/10/09
Reason: Water broke on 08/10 at 27w3d.

Name:  retroeva (Eva)
EDD: 18 Oct 09
Type of BR: Modified Couch Potato ;)
Since when: 17 Aug 09
Reason: GD, dizzy spells, and pre-term contractons

Name:   mhenry (Marisa)
EDD: C-Section scheduled Dec 16, 2009
Type of BR: Bedrest while still taking care of my 2 yr old w/ help (for now)
Since when: August 10, 2009 (21 weeks)
Reason: High Blood Pressure. The doctor is being pro-active due to me having my son Cameron at 29 weeks from Pre E.

Name:  Jenn (JennRN65)
EDD:
  10/31/09 (undecided whether scheduled induction or C/S at 38 weeks)
Type of BR:
  Modified, bathroom and shower priviledges, can cook for myself, dr.'s appts, and pre-natal classes/baby shower as long as I sit
Since When:
  8/14/09 (28w, 6d), though on 8/7 my work hours were cut in half and I was told to do nothing at home
Reason: 
Contractions, Dizzy spells when upright, GD, 2 clotting disorders, and history of Pre E, PTL, 3 abruptions (one of which was a full term still born), and 3 m/c.

Name: Hipstrix (Chrissy)
EDD: October 9, 2009 but c/s scheduled for October 2nd
Type of BR:  Modified.  I had to stop working and now I'm basically supposed to listen to my body and "take it easy" which, right now, means bed/couch punctuated by 10 minutes up to do things around the house here and there.
Since when: 8/21
Reason: Irritable Uterus and daily, strong and regular contractions which seem to be brought on by activity.

Name: Meg1031 (Megan)
EDD: October 31st, 2009
Type of BR:  Between modified to semi strict- I spend most of the day reclined in my recliner, lie down in bed once or twice a day for a bit, can go potty, shower daily (although that takes a lot out of me so I only do it every other day), and avoid going downstairs for anything.
Since when: 28 wks 4 days-Spent 5 1/2 days in hospital first
Reason: I went to local hospital with a "gut feeling" and a few more contractions than I had been having along with an aching like cramps and rectal pressure.  I had contractions every 4 minutes and a positive FFn with cervical shortening and funneling with some dilation.  Got transported to "mothership" hospital an hour away.  They switched the Mag to Nifedipine which I am tolerating "ok"- but still get really dizzy and weak a few times a day though BP is great- and the hot flashes are intense.  Got the betamethasone.

Name: FutureMrsPrestwood (Heather)
EDD:
October 10th (although dr. is saying now she won't let us go past 37 weeks so now its looking like we will have a September baby!)
Type:
Modified: no going out except for weekly hospital visits for NST and blood work and then another weekly visit with my OB. I'm allowed to "piddle" around the house (dr's words, not mine!) but am basically staying on the couch, off my feet 90% of my day.
Since:
8/17
Reason:
Elevated BP now has me diagnosed with gestational pre-hypertension. So far we are maintaing at an elevated (but not normal) BP with the hopes that it will not go up and we won't have to have strict bed rest or be admitted to the hospital.

Name: Manders127 (Amanda)
EDD:
October 18th (definitely won't make it that far, tentative c/s scheduled for 39 weeks due to breech and GD, hoping to make it til then!)
Type:
Hospital, but possibly going home tomorrow depending on US results, then will be modified at home.
Since:
8/21
Reason:
Oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid).  Baby is tolerating it well though.. hoping to make it to full term

Name: Karmanmsw (Karman)
EDD: Oct. 23, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified, I can go the bathroom and take a 10 min shower once a day, and I can drive myself to the doctor once a week:)
Since when: 7/28/09
Reason:  I had pre-eclampsia with my first two pregnancies as well as post partum pre-e with my second.  My blood pressure started rising at 27 weeks so I was put on bedrest!  Our goal is to get to 34 weeks and then hopefully 37. 

Caitlin &Sean (Kate)
EDD
Oct 31st ( wont make it that far C-secion @ 37 weeks)
Type of bed rest 
Modified due to a Complete Placenta Previa with Light spotting @ 24 weeks. I can shower for 10 min each day and drive myself to the doctor 1x per week. Also diagnoised with borderline GD two weeks ago #s controlled by diet so far.
Since when
7/7/09

Name: brettszy (Brett)
EDD: Nov. 14th
Type of BR:  Strict, bathroom privileges, shower every few days
Since when: modified beginning Jun 15th (18 weeks)  strict starting July 13th (22 weeks)
Reason: Previous pre-term labor and delivery - had my son at 31 weeks, short cervix - has been as short as 0.97, current PTL

Name: egankn (Kelly)
EDD:  October 10th
Since when: 33.5 Weeks
Reason: High BP, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision (but so far not high protein in the urine)

Name: 2soontob3jsmomma
EDD: December 6
Type of Bedrest: Strict until delivery
Since when: Sept. 2 ------- 26 weeks and 3 days
Reason: pregnancy induced hypertension and hyperglycemia

Name: Felisha (fisha25)
EDD: 2/03/2010
Type of BR: Strict. Shower, bathroom, food, then back to bed.
Since when:  7/21/09 at 12 weeks
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma found under my placenta at 7weeks. I bleed almost every day, normally fresh blood, but the clot isn't getting any smaller-only bigger. Dr. seems worried placenta abruption may be inevitable.  

Name: Kristy (go dux)
EDD: 10/16/09
Type of BR:
Modified bedrest
Since when:  9/4/09
Reason: Went into L&D after having continuous contractions while at work.  Contractions were coming every 3-4 minutes, not stopping after 2 doses of trebutaline (sp?) and another type of medicine.

Name: Amanda (allinduetime)
EDD: 11/19/2009
Type of BR:
modified
Reason:
  twin pregnancy and + FFN.  went into L&D with contractions every 3-5 mins apart, gave two doses of brethine which knocked them out.  sent up to floor for observation but 24 hours later contractions returned, so was kept another 48 hours and d/c home on bedrest and procardia.

Name: lowhedges Lydia, EXPECTING TRIPLETS!!!!
EDD: ?
Type of BR: ?
Since when: 9/2
Reason: shortening cervix.  I've been lurking as I was placed on b/r at 22 weeks for 1 week and then allowed to return to work for 2 weeks.

Name: kittenxkisses(Shea)
EDD:
10/21
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom priv. & shower privleges EOD.
Since When: 
8/26 at 32 weeks
Reason
: Was in hospital for 2 weeks for PTL, shortening cervix, dilated to 1.5-2, + FFN. Put on magnesium for 2 days and got Steroid shots. Then got off mag and on trbutaline every 4 hours.

Name: Events by Shelly (Shelly)
EDD: 11/08 (Induction scheduled for 10/26...most likely will deliver between 10/8-10/15)
Type:
Modified BR, Allowed 15 mins of "up" time for every hour awake. all "up" time must be followed by 15 mins of horizontal rest. Strict Pelvic Rest. 1 round trip upstairs/downstairs, Can drive myself to pick up DD from school once daily (DH has to take her) and can drive to dr appts only.
Since When: 9/10

Reason
: Previous history of PTL, delivered DD at 34wks 5 days. Admitted to hospital on 9/8 for Contractions, dilated to 2, thinning of cervical wall, baby is head down & engaged, regular contractions at 3 mins apart. was in hospital for 1 day for monitoring, given Terbutaline to stop contractions and sent home on BR. Must go back to dr. twice weekly for monitoring, sono, FFN (weekly). Fingers crossed we make it to 35 weeks!!

Name: kiki408 - Kendra
EDD: 12/18, although we're just hoping to make it to November at this point.
Type: Strict hospital bedrest until 28 weeks (2more weeks)
Since When: 24 weeks ( I went home for a week, but was re-admitted)
Reason: Shortening cervix . 1.3 or so at the last measurement. No contractions; being monitored for the next few weeks, though.

Name: ewhite508 (Emily)
EDD: November 22, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified: House arrest, stay down stairs and keep my butt on the couch with my legs up or I'm grounded. Can go to Dr for appointments, but they send the visiting nurses to me.
Since when: 23w2d -- July 7th
Reason: Preterm labor and perpetual dehydration due to hyperemesis gravidarum.

Name: Erin (erinb31)
EDD:
10/28/09
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom, get water, and shower-- taken to doctor's appointments)
Since when: 9/9/09 (33 weeks)
Reason: PT Labor: slight pink spotting, 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced, contractions (still having them 6-20 min. apart at home), positive fetal fibronectin

Name: luckywifey77 (Janessa)
EDD: November 4, 2009
Type of BR: Strict-only up to use the bathroom
Since when: 27 weeks (8/12)
Reason: Went in for an ultrasound and the doctor decided to check me b/c I was having a contraction while she was checking the fundal height and I was dilated to a 1.

Name: Etude de la vie
EDD:
 11/14/09
Type of BR: Strict ( bathroom, get water, and shower)
Since when: 9/08/09 (31 weeks)
Reason: Pre-term Labor symptoms currently on procardia 

Name: Brooke 208 (Brooke)
EDD:
10/29/09
Type of BR:  Strict for now, bathroom privileges and shower.
Since when: 9/7
Reason: I was having horrible leg pain and they kept diagnosing me with round ligament pain.  They finally did an ultrasound on my legs and discovered a blood clot that reaches from at least my groin to my knee, but could go higher.  They want to do surgery but can't because of the baby, they also cannot put a filter in either.  We're taking it one day at a time, and I am on 100mg of Lovenox twice a day until I deliver. 

Name: BrinaBfly (Sabrina)
EDD: 11/20/09
Type of BR: Modified, almost like Light Duty. I can shower, use the restroom, be up for no more than 30 minutes at a time, do light household chores like dust, and small loads of laundry.
Since when: 8/28/09
Reason: Bicornuate uterus and previous m/c. Since we are not sure how far my uterus will give we are taking precautions. Had to add GD to the mix a few weeks ago, joy.

Name: llggx2
EDD: 11/11/09 but the doctor talked like she would like to see me make it 4-5
Type of BR: after 4-5 more weeks and then maybe we can relax a little but that depends on how the rest of the blood work comes back.
Since when:
9/15/09
Reason: My mom had pre-e with me so this was no suprise but I was hoping that it wouldn't happen. I am hoping it just stays hypertension so I have more freedom. After reading the pre-e moms on the list I am a bit scared.

Name: megan
EDD:  November 24th
Type of BR: modified, according to my dr, although I'm not quite sure where that falls...she said she basically wants me to be REALLY bored.  lots of reclining, short "errands" around the house (quick meals, etc.), leaving the house for the dr., childbirth classes...
Since when: September 10th, 29 wks2 days
Reason: was admitted to L & D on 9/10 with Braxton Hicks coming every 5 minutes.  Got a negative fFn test, urine showed ketones (lack of calories/dehydrated), and transvaginal u/s showed cervical funneling (dilation towards the uterus) although the external cervix is closed tightly, with 2cm of length.

Name:  Melissa
EDD:  January 1, 2010
Type of BR:  Modified.  I am under semi-house arrest and am supposed to sit or lay down most of the day.  However, I can move around the house at will.  I am not allowed to care for my 19 month old daughter by myself.  :(    On the brighter side, I am allowed 1 or 2 weekly excursions so long as I don't walk any sizable distance and sit down while out.  
Since when:  Early July
Reason:  My daughter (and only child) was born at 30.5 weeks.  The doctors suspect either a weak cervix or PTL (but maybe just stress and working too hard?).  I had a normal pregnancy until 26 weeks when I had a tiny bit of spotting.  That's when we discovered that I was 1.5 cm dilated and that my amniotic sac was "bulging" through the opening in my cervix.  I was hospitalized for 4 weeks before I delivered.  (That was strict bed rest laying upside down in a hospital bed.  I was only allowed out of bed for a shower every 3rd day...  and yes, that meant bedpans for a MONTH).  Thank goodness, those 4 weeks worked a miracle and my daughter didn't even need breathing treatments after her birth.  We were incredibly lucky.  

This time around the doctors are taking every possible precaution, since we don't know what happened last time.  I had a cerclage at 14 weeks, started progesterone shots at 17 weeks, and I've been on modified bed rest since July.  So far, everything looks good...so we our keeping our fingers crossed and hoping to make it all the way this time.  Only 1 more week until the point I was hospitalized during my last pregnancy.

Name: j.h.mommy (Jennifer)
EDD
: 11/16/09 (adjusted dd for twins), 12/7/09 (40 week dd)
Type of BR: strict,but at home. I can shower quickly, and get up to the bathroom and that's it. 
Since when
: Modified started around 8/3 and Strict started 9/10 Reason: Twin pregnancy with bicornuate uterus and cervical funneling. Having issues with ptl.

Re: ~~Bed Rest Mama's Monday Check In!~~

• Options

Getting a cold... Makes life even better. Lots of pressure in my head to add to the constant headaches I already had... fabulous! Got blood drawn this morning so we will see how the platelets are doing. DH is very busy and trying to get lots done in the next few days so I am hoping everything goes according to plan.

Three names I go by:
    Arika
    Mama
    Baby (DH)

Graphic Designer
    Life Guard
    Server in a restaurant

Kankakee, Illinois
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Many places in North Carolina - the best being Chapel Hill

Grey's Anatomy
    Private Practice
    Dateline

Cayman Islands
    Mayan Riveria
    Ocho Rios, Jamacia

Three things I'm looking forward to:
    Meeting my sweet baby girl
    Leaving this hospital/sleeping at home
    Everyday of the rest of my life

• Options

Happy Monday Ladies!  My only update is today is 24hr collection day and one more week before I get to meet my LO! 

QOTD:

Three names I go by: Megan, Meg, Pie (my Mom still calls me this)

Three Jobs I have had in my life.  Land Surveyor, Land Developer, Shampoo girl at a salon

Three places I have lived  VA Beach, Chicago, and Elgin, IL

Three TV shows that I watch:  Today Show, Ellen and Glee

Three Exciting Places I Have Been:  Curacao, Punta Cana and Riveria Maya

Three things I'm looking forward to:  Getting off of bedrest, meeting my LO and having my "normal" life back :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Had my shower on Saturday.  it was so fun and we got lots great baby stuff.  I was ready to collapse after 3hrs though!

Three names I go by: Megan, Meg, Baby (DH)

Three Jobs I have had in my life. Physician assistant, Rehab tech at an outpatient physical therapy clinic, clerk at party store

Three places I have lived Chicago, Quad Cities (IA), Oak Lawn (IL)

Three TV shows that I watch Biggest Loser, The Office, Psych

Three Exciting Places I Have Been (I have never been anywhere really...i know, i'm sheltered...i have big plans for the future though...)  We did go to Colorado a couple times, and the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. 

Three things I'm looking forward to: having my baby, being released from home rest, and i agree with justmeg...having a normal life back.  I even am looking forward to going back to work, even though i likely won't want to leave LO when the time comes.

• Options

Update:  I finally fell into a deep sleep last night when I woke up gagging and choking from acid reflux/indigestion!   Oh the joys, right?  My BP is not staying down when I am resting sitting up so looks like I need to spend more time time on my left side!  I have an appointment tomorrow so I am anxious to see what is going on!

Three names I go by: Karman, Mama,

Three Jobs I have had in my life. Background Investigator, Animal Welfare Advocate, and Social Worker

Three places I have lived Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC

Three TV shows that I watch Greys, Ghost Whisperer, Criminal Minds

Three Exciting Places I Have Been London, Paris, Rhome

Three things I'm looking forward to: No more bed rest, picking up my kids again, going to normal activities with my family!

• Options

Update: Just very tired today, not much to update.

Three names I go by: Jennifer, Mama,

Three Jobs I have had in my life: Clinic Assistant in a wound center, Bridal Consultant, Bank Teller

Three places I have lived: WA desert, WA coast, and the worst place in MT

Three TV shows that I watch: Ellen, Project Runway, Big Love

Three Exciting Places I Have Been: Maui, Disneyland, Canadian Hot springs in Skookumchuk BC

Three things I'm looking forward to: The birth of these babies (at a healthy date of course), picking up and caring for my son on my own again, my husband coming home for his lunch today

• Options

No real update today, I am late getting online today because I couldn't sleep last night so I have been vegging all day. Doctors appt tomorrow hopefuly we get good news. Had our baby shower yesterday and I only really need 2 things for DS to get here. A monitor and a changing pad. I am so lucky. I even got my breast pump which more than thrilled me!!! At least doing baby laundry and writing thank you's will keep me busy for the rest of the week.

Three names I go by:
    Lacey, Lace, babe (DH)
    Vet Tech, Farmer, bank teller
    Taylor, MO, Columbia, MO, Mt. Vernon, MO (boring I know I am just glad I had 3 places to put because that is it)
    Diners Drive-ins and Dives, Big Love, What not to wear
    Crater of Dimonds State Park (Arkansas), I80 (Worlds Larges Truck Stop, IA), Amana Colonies (IA, it is in the book 100 places to go b/f you die) Not really anything to exciting but unique maybe???
    Three things I'm looking forward to: Not being so hormonal, holding DS, taking DS to see the cows and horseback riding (that might be 4)

Have a good day ladies!

• Options

Contracting over the weekend like a fool but no progress. Its crazy how you can have so many contractions and they last so long, but your not in labor! Insanity.

Three names I go by: Eva, Ester, Eda

Three Jobs I have had in my life. Geospatial Analyist, Industrial Hygienist, Research Assistant

Three places I have lived Nashville TN, Wenatchee Valley WA, Cape Girardeau MO

Three TV shows that I watch House (SEASON PREMEIRE TONIGHT!!!), What Not to Wear, Iron Chef

Three Exciting Places I Have Been Heidelburg Germany, Paris France, Savannah GA (I would love to live in Savannah)

Three things I'm looking forward to: Labor, meeting my son or daughter for the first time, slobbery baby kisses.

• Options

hello ladies.

my update...WOOHOO my blood clot is finally shrinking! BUT i have complete placenta previa. I ask "but it's still early it should move right" and my doctor laughed and said don't count on it too much dear...Thanks DR. thanks alot. Angry

on with the questions

Three names I go by: Fa, fisha, Felisha

Three Jobs I have had in my life.  Subway (eat fresh-lol) Hotel Manager, Vet. tech. 
    Three places I have lived Idaho, Texas, Nebraska

Three TV shows that I watch grey's anatomy, true blood, shark tank

Three Exciting Places I Have Been uhh I've never left the country or seen the ocean I'm boring.  

Three things I'm looking forward to: 1. Giving birth-I love/hate being pregnant.  2. My DD #2 to start crawling. OMG what will i do with a newborn and a 13 month old. 2 on the bottle 2 not walkingSad. The stress of it is overwhelming it's a good thing i didn't have twins. 3. LUNCH- i love food.

• Options

No real update for me... just waiting it out until Friday when I head into the doctor's office.  I am eager to hear whether things are the same and if they are the same, I am hoping I will be off strict bedrest and allowed to do some very light things.  I really wanted to freeze some meals before LO gets here, and I would love to be allowed out in the soon-to-be fall weather even if just for a few minutes on my patio.

Three names I go by: Erin, Beautiful (DH), Erry Berry (My Mom calls me that)

Three Jobs I have had in my life: Reporter, Special Ed Teacher, Whole Foods Cashier

Three places I have lived: Marlton, NJ... Philadelphia, PA... Long Island City, NY (Queens right across from the Upper East Side of Manhattan)

Three TV shows that I watch: Top Chef, The Office, Gossip Girl

Three Exciting Places I Have Been: nowhere that exciting, but I love these places! Great Smoky Mountains, Shenandoah National Park, Acadia National Park

Three things I'm looking forward to: LO getting here (but not for at least another 1.5 weeks please), getting off strict bedrest, DH getting home from work this evening

• Options

update:Nothing really new but my friend came over yesterday and gave me a hair cut! It had been a least 4 months since it was cut last. 

Three names I go by: Shea, Mama, babe

Three Jobs I have had in my life. Hairstylist, hairstylist for wedding day hair, selling programs at a art festival

Three places I have lived orange county my whole life( when we got married we only moved one town away from my parents and In-laws)

Three TV shows that I watch Wipe Out ( my sons favorite show), The doctors, Simpsons

Three Exciting Places I Have Been London, Paris, Sedona

4 things I'm looking forward to: 1. Baby shower on sunday 2. coming off of bed rest(friday) and hopfully she stays in there a little bit so I can do some fun stuff with my son before she comes 3.Hopefully taking pregnancy pics (non pro) 4. breastfeeding

• Options

Update:  For now I've been switched to modified bedrest instead of strict.  I see my OB again tomorrow.  They don't want me leaving the house much unless necessary and no cooking, cleaning, or anything like that of course.  I'm basically supposed to stay down and on the couch as much as possible. 

Three names I go by:  Just Brooke.  Though my family, especially my dad, calls me Brookie. 

Three Jobs I have had in my life:  Daycare provider, receptionist, waitress... and now photographer.

Three places I have lived:  Just Michigan, but I've lived in an apartment, a condo, and a house.

Three TV shows that I watch:  I'm not a huge TV fan but I like 90210 and some other silly shows too.

Three Exciting Places I Have Been:  France, Germany, and Hawaii.   I've been lots of fun places growing up, including tons of cruises.  I LOVE cruises.

Three things I'm looking forward to:  This baby being born.  It's at the top of my list right now.  I get more and more scared every day and I just want her out so they can fix me.  Bad, I know, but I can't help it.

• Options
    Update:  Sorry so late... I had Dr. appointment today. Baby is healthy but I lost weight this week so now I need to drink protein drinks because I am still underweight. I was having contractions this weekend and they dangerously got close to the maximum I could have without going to the hospital.  Enter 3 answers for each of the following questions:Three names I go by:  just  my real name

Three Jobs I have had in my life:  Chemistry teacher, DNA Lab tech, college professor

Three places I have lived:  Barcelona, Lausanne, and Los Angeles

Three TV shows that I watch:  The office, project runway, Big Love 

Three Exciting Places I Have Been:  Paris, Rome, and Nicaragua. 

Three things I'm looking forward to:  Moving,  my shower, and of course this baby being born 
  • Options

No big update for me...I have an ultrasound tomorrow, he's moving, but less this week than last week...spent some time in the pool to release pressure from my cervix...and making baby blankets for a cousin.

QOTD:

Three names I go by: Megan, Meg, megabyte

Three Jobs I have had in my life.  teacher, Peet's coffee and tea server, hardware store salesperson

Three places I have lived  southern CA, Davis, CA, east bay

Three TV shows that I watch:  NCIS, Bones, Mad Men

Three Exciting Places I Have Been:  St. Lucia, Hawaii, New York

Three things I'm looking forward to:  getting off bedrest, sex, not being treated with kid gloves

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"